Dreamcast Appreciation Thread

I dunno how many here had one of these things but it was such an awesome system with a bunch of really great games. Although it’s all in boxes now thought I’d list out some highlight games when it was still alive and kicking. I’m sure there are a lot more but unfortunately I’m not about to run to the attic and dig out the boxes of old games. :stuck_out_tongue:

Power Stone 2
Dead of Alive 2
Soul Caliber
Skies of Arcadia
Grandia 2
Chu Chu Rocket
Ikaruga
Shenmue / Shenmue 2
Samba de Amigo
Sakura Taisen 1-4

[ 07-20-2007, 08:20 PM: Message edited by: hiro ]

Sister Princess, Grandia 2, Sentimental Graffiti 2, Sakura Taisen 1-4, TwoOne -21-, Ever17, Memories Off Complete and Prism Heart for me.

Speaking of this game I think I’ve mentioned to you a while ago that I played Prism Ark which is the sequel. Enjoyed it a lot but I never could finish with all the characters cause Prism Heart was included in the package and I honestly though that was a better game despite not being 3D and looking pretty old. :stuck_out_tongue:

Prism Heart is a good game, indeed, even if the SIM part is annoy-- hard at times. But the stories are quite good (and U-ª exist). Never got to play Prism Ark. Yet.

[ 07-20-2007, 10:01 PM: Message edited by: OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol ]

I loved Dreamcast games. I will play it again someday.

Capcom vs SNK 1-2
Marvel vs Capcom 1-2
Guilty Gear X
Phantasy Star Online
Dead or Alive 2
Project Justice
Soul Calibur

I will check my video game collection, later.

huh, the Sakura Taisen games are available for DC. This is invaluable knowledge that will surely assist when I have learned enough Japanese to want to try.

If your going to start from the beginning you’ll probably want to get the remake for the ps2 instead. If I remember correctly the combat parts are based on the ST3 model which is quite a lot more fun in my opinion than the older grid style.

Personally, I think that the original Grandia game is MUCH better than the overrated Grandia 2, but it’s just my opinion :stuck_out_tongue:

I like my Dreamcast, but I have to say it totally failed to live up to its predecessor the Saturn. For every DC game in my collection, I have at least 5 Saturn games.

If memory serves, all the Sakura Taisen titles except for #5 are available for PC Windows.

Interesting. I guess I will pick up the PS2 remake of 1 then. Eventually, I mean. And then the other 4. (I think I’m going to skip that lame action gaiden thingie that’s supposed to be awful and was made with the US in mind.)

Of course it will be another 3 years, probably, before I think I’ve learned enough Japanese for that …

They were hidd-- stored somewhere else so I forgot about them but I also have of note Pia 2.5, Mizuiro and Shirotsume -Episode of the Clover-. Shame on me to have forgotten about the two former since it’s how I met (and fell in love with) Aizawa Tomomi (to be exact, I met her in Pia2 but since she’s not finishable yet then… Also, I fell for her because of… the very special design of… her hair!!! ^^;;;;; ) and how I met with NekoNeko Soft (though I only fell in love with them after I played Gin’iro). As for Shirotsume -Episode of the Clover-, it had such an excellent seiyuu cast I bought it even though I already had the PC game… and didn’t even play it yet! :smiley:

[ 07-21-2007, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol ]

Oh…

I own Japanese Dreamcast games:

Air
Eve the Zero Collector’s Edition
Sentimental Graffiti 2

I forgot other games. I will check my video game collection, later.

I am saddened that nobody has mentioned the awesomeness that is Choukousenki Kikaioh.

[ 07-26-2007, 01:23 AM: Message edited by: Dark Lord Zenigame ]