Duel Savior First Impressions

Well my copy came in today and so far the game is a blast! The basic story starts out with you and Mia finding some old book in Tokyo and then the two of you are whisked away to the magic school of Avatar. I’ve only actually fought two real battles so far but they were great. They made turning around a lot easier then in the demo. Also from the instruction book I can confirm that the hero and the six main girls are all playable (but I’ve already met what I assume will be a secret character). So far the story of the game has been a lot of character and location introductions with one strangely placed H-scene that just came out of nowhere (if you’ve played Baldr Force you know what I’m talking about :stuck_out_tongue: ). Even though my Japanese skills are almost non-existant the game has been fairly humorous and I’ve burst out laughing more then a few times. However the game is defineatly getting darker. It should be a long game being that its packed on 4 cds. Its fully voiced except for the hero. I got the Limited Edition so I also recieved a Duel Saivor OST which has some pretty good stuff for mostly being BGM. The “Giga Opening Soundtrack Vol. 2” is amazing however and it features the full extended versions of the opening themes from Giga’s last 11 games. This all comes packed in a huge box that opens “book-style” and has some gourges artwork adorning it. Himeya being the great people that they are also included the “Duel Savior Special Disk” which features high-res versions of the trailers, the 3rd version of the demo, the game opening, a bunch of wallpapers and a ton of voice samples. I think this disk was meant to be handed out as a promotional item but Himeya sent me one out for preording it. Well so far I’m loving this one and although it is rather expensive I give a high recomendation already. I’ll reveiw it once I’ve devoted a lot more time to it.

Oh I forgot to mention, if you plan on getting this one the PC requirements are a bit higher then most B-games.
Minimum Requirements:
Windows 98
Pentium 3 500mhz
128mb RAM
Direct X version 7
High Color
1.5GB of HDD space for partial install.

Recommended Requirements:
Windows XP
Pentium 4 1Ghz
256mb RAM
True Color
2GBs of HDD space for full install

These all come right off of the box

The box opens book style! Awesome! Even the regular edition comes with the soundtrack, but the awesome CD with GIGA’s opening themes comes only with the LE. The other disc that you mentioned is a promo item and Himeya really didn’t need to send you that but it’s great that they did. I knew that the game would be somewhat dark as they do show monster sex/rape in one of the CGs on their website. In anycase, I’m glad that you are pleased and I can’t wait for mine to come in the mail. I hope I get it by the weekend.

Hi, forgive me… so its all in japanese and not english?

Yeah this one is currently import only and all in Japanese. If you’re new to playing games in raw japanese then this looks like it’d be a good one to start with so far sice choice have been relatively few so far and the battles are soooo much fun

Wow 2gb for a full install, it’s almost the same size as doom3. Hmm…if I wasn’t in such a pinch financially I’d think about getting this.