East Asian Fonts help

Here’s the thing. I have my Windows XP cd-rom, I have multiple computers, but the one I want to put the Japanese font support on currently has a broken CD-rom drive. However, I have a portable hard drive and a USB connection.

What files from the Windows CD would I need to copy to the portable hard drive in order to install it on the computer in question?

the only solution i see for you is to cough copy cough your Windows XP CD into an .ISO file on a system with a working CD drive, and load that file with an .iso image loader, such as Nero ImageDrive on the driveless PC. You can try using UltraISO for that puropse, though it’s not the only program capable of copying software CDs to .ISO format.
BTW, make sure your setup/install software CD has no imperfections, scratches or whatnot (although not so required for your purpose)

i have no idea what files are needed to copy over, but u can copy your entire windows xp cd files onto a HD, plug it in via usb, and when it asks for the cd, just click on ok, and it says it cant find the file(s) or the cdrom drive. at this point hopefully there is a “browse” button to click on. click on that and look for that filename on your usb HD manually. that should do the trick

I know this topic has been dead a few days, but I thought I’d pitch in some help if the problem hasn’t been solved yet. Anyways, here’s my advice: Copy the I386 directory from your Windows XP installation disc on to the hard drive of any computer running Windows XP. Thus, you should have a directory named I386 (i.e. C:\I386) with all the same files, folders, and directory structure as the directory of the same name on the disc. This should, for the most part, solve any problem where you want to change something in Windows XP and it asks for the CD to make the changes.