Easter eggs?

In Crescendo, when you go to the movie’s with Kaori, the scene from the movie is an easter egg of sorts.

Games from the same company sometimes have images from their other games in the background. Like in Tokemeki Check in, when your in the main characters room on the floor in front of the TV is a copy of X-Change. The Sagara Family had at least one scene (Ruruka’s ending) that has the main character and one of the girls from Do You Like Horny Bunnies 2 in the back ground.

So true.

Emiru has posters of do you like Horny bunnies as well as various other B-games in her room.
Arisa has a cameo of Sae in the story.
You literally meet the people from the old game in Do you like Horny Bunnies 2.

ok I also consider hidden Characters Easter Eggs as well.

(Claire in Brave Soul, Erika’s Path in Tottemo Pheromone, some of the Harem Routes in other Games)

Yeak a Kana little sister movie.

In YMK Kouhey play his first eroge and I think it’s Kana little sister (not sure but when you hear what he says about the game…)

I’m pretty sure the game he pulls the all-nighter on is Kanon. Nayuki is chased by a dog, and there are other spoilery details that point towards the plot of Kanon.

In Crescendo, there’s a Kana Little Sister poster on the notice board outside Kaori’s office. Here (click to enlarge the graphic):

http://www.the-z-projects.com/kana/misc.htm

I would have thought it was Kana, too, from the description … or at least a fictional game derived from Kana - but I haven’t played Kanon. (since it isn’t available in english)

You’re going to make me reinstall YMK just to find that scene, aren’t you?

I haven’t played Kanon either, but I’ve seen both versions of the anime.

Edit: I reinstalled YMK and skipped through to the scene where Kouhei plays the game, then the later scene where he discusses it with Tsubaki. There are several comments that seem to refer to Kanon (see below), but there are also lots of references that could easily refer to KLS. I don’t remember a lisping character who calls the protagonist ‘big brother’ in Kanon. So it’s possible that the game Kouhei plays is just a pastiche of various bishoujo games, incorporating elements from both KLS and Kanon (and possibly others).

[list]Quotes from the game:
Actually, I was surprised to hear the lisping girl in the game call me that.
But, but, she was smiling, that “sister” on my screen.
She was so simple minded, pouting and misunderstanding things.
But, but… She was smiling, and she called me “big brother”.[/list]

SPOILERS for Kanon

[color=#BFFFFF]
Ayu
“She’s the girl from your memories, right?”
“Why did that girl die? Normally it’d turn out she was still alive, right?” (Or this might be Shiori?)
“But what’s with those hidden characters? One of them you can’t even get to until you clear the game.”
“That’s because she’s the true heroine. You can’t understand her feelings until you know the whole story.”

Nayuki
“But that bit where Nayu-tan gets chased by the dog is good, isn’t it?”
[/color]

END SPOILERS

That can actually be a lot of games. Coco in Ever 17 for example. Is one of the characters in Kanon only accessible once you clear the other girls?

it could be another Ruff game.
Now that we have the correct dialogue, it seems it’s not KLS.

Maybe it’s Kanon… and he is talking about Shiori (she calls you oni-chan no ?).
I didn’t play the game but I guess Shiori dies in her path and she only survive after unlocking the true Ayu’s path.

Unfortunately, I don’t know. Ayu does seem to be the ‘true heroine’ of Kanon, so that line would be talking about her, if anyone.

However, I don’t know enough about the game version of Kanon to be able to confirm anything else, eg who dies, who’s unlockable, if someone actually gets chased by a dog, etc.

The discussion between Kouhei and Tsubaki does cover a lot of bishoujo game conventions, so we might just be reading too much into this. Kouhei gets into an argument with Aya the next morning because she’s not a typical ‘little sister’ character, for example. So the game Kouhei plays could be a mishmash of standard bishoujo game plot elements.

It’s probably the same as in Air.
There is a first path for Ayu, and when you’ve seen all the other pathes, a new one (for Ayu again) is unlocked.
I guess the first Ayu’s path has a bad ending or the second path take place just after and give us a good ending (where Shiori survives maybe).

Just listening to the music brought back fond and sad memories of this game. I think I’ll have to give it another run through sometime soon.

There’s no ‘extra’ route for Ayu - you can play her route from the start, and it does not change.

Rather, I don’t think it’s talking about any specific eroge, but rather combining a lot of fairly common eroge tropes. Kanon, naturally, contains a bunch of these cliches (because it STARTED a few of them =p)

Sayuri has a side-path that can be opened after you’ve cleared Mai’s route once.

The girl who dies would be [color=#BFFFFF]Makoto[/color]. :frowning: