Edelweiss

The Original Edelweiss is getting reworked :smiley:

http://mangagamer.wordpress.com/2010/03/10/zen-buddhism-and-other-news/

crap… if they do a good job on this rework, I’m going to have to become a fan of mangagamer :stuck_out_tongue:

Edelweiss was one of their better done games. Still I hope they do a great job. make me your fan mangagamer.

I’m glad I haven’t bought the game so far. I’m deffinitely getting the bundle.

same here

Seriously now? Personally I found Edelweiss’ translation to be horrible, even if the game itself was lots of fun.

But oh well, I’ll be getting the fan-disc when it’s released. New translation for the original game is a plus as well.

Definitely. I really was enjoying Edelweiss, but half-way through I just quit out of disgust. It was just seriously awful english for such a fun game.
I decided to wait in the hopes of a decent translation patch to do it justice someday…
And it seems my prayers were answered :smiley: [long as they do a good job with the rework!]

I managed to get myself through the entire game and without much difficulty, which was quite odd considering how annoyed I was with the translation to start with… If it was due to me getting used to the horrible translation or if it actually was better towards the end I can’t say, but I must admit that I enjoyed it quite a bit. :wink:

the fandisk just came out today how are the rin and sakura story arc and is it worth the price

I already downloaded the pack but I still have to finish Cosplay fetish academy before trying it.

Probably shouldn’t admit this but as soon as I turned on the game, and heard that stupid music in the background again, I found my feet dancing to the tune… The remaining of this weekend will probably be quite enjoyable if I get all of this from 2-3mins of game play. :smiley:

I was able to get through Edelweiss with that sub-par translation and I can agree that the translation did get better after the first half. It’s for sure one of the most enjoyable bishoujo games I’ve played to date, and so I’ve gone ahead and gotten Fantasia. I’m a huge fan of Over Drive now and I hope we get to play Dear Drops not so long after it gets released in JPN.

@Quinn: I’m also feeling a bit nostalgic? The music seemed to have brought a smile to my face as soon as it kicked in :smiley: .

I’m hoping too but my guess is it will take at least a year after japanese version (probably longer). They won’t want to sell the translated version with a considerably lower price than the japanese version…

Anybody played Edelweiss Eiden Fantasia yet? How’s the translation quality?

I can’t complain.

It’s on the level with Soul Link and Higurashi Maekashi, I can’t really complain.

The game itself has some of the best comedy I’ve yet seen in a VN. Sakura’s route was awesome.

Just started and I’m reading about the exploits of my favorite side couple…I haven’t laughed this hard from eroge comedy since Fate Stay Night’s Tiger Dojos. This fan disc is WIN!!!

Looks like I better get it :smiley:
Although I am waiting for the reworked original first …

But is a translated eroge which is mostly text really going to be a suitable replacement purchase for someone in Japan?

Agreed. It doesn’t make sense for a Japanese person to get it to save money. Does the average English speaker purchase Japanese manga because it’s cheaper? That logic mainly applies to video, or more specifically, anime.