Eien no Aselia

Are we ever going to get an uncensored version of Eien no Aselia?

I bought the game when it came out, but there was no mention on the site at that time that it was the super-duper all ages and utterly butchered version.

Or is there prehaps a patch that fixes it and puts all the content back?

My googlefu on this matter is weak, but I was going through the massive pile of jast games I have after getting shiny days and saw "Aselia the Eternal" sat there at the bottom. That was of course then and this is now.

I'm glad it seems at least that JAST has given up the pretension that anyone comes here for all-ages games, but it's a shame that such an amazing game had to be murdered on the alter of all-ages for them to realise this.

Thanks for any help.

JAST didn't release the adult version of Aselia the Eternal due to the loli content. They have not indicated a change in stance since then. Furthermore, there are no unofficial workarounds to reinstate the cut content. This was clearly proof that the old saying "the Internet will find a way" to subvert censorship is not always true.

I played the original adult version in Japanese a while ago. After having talked with people who played the "all-ages" version, I concluded that they missed out on fundamental aspects of the premise. Poignance of some scenes was diminished. Plot holes were introduced. That's what happens when an adult narrative is "reimagined" without the adult elements.

this is coming to steam now apparently. it's going to go through greenlight?

"Extra content coding".

I wonder if that's something silly like achievements, or perhaps something more?

I would not mind buying this game, if a “unofficial restoration patch” happens like Shiny days.