Eight years in the making?

…Right. I wish. And yes, I’m still alive. Just not as active here as I once was. C’est la vie.

In any case, what I was referring to in the subject line was this. Kakyuusei 2, if the link doesn’t work for you. From Elf. Yes, that Elf, and yes, that Kakyuusei. Of course, it’s silly for me to actually say it was eight years in the making, considering the way Elf gutted its staff and deep-sixed both this and Doukyuusei 3 years ago…

At least Aya Kadoi (character designer from the first game) is returning, so that’s a plus of sorts.

I think this game will pretty much determine the fate of the company.

Kagami once said that this game will make him decide if he will still love elf or hate them just like i do :stuck_out_tongue:

…yah, i am not a elf fan myself

Who’s elf, and what’s a Kakyuusei?

------------------
精神 の 神

elf used to be (dunno about now) one of the top bgames companies in japan with games like the dating-sim doukyusei and kakyusei series (i think they are the pioneers of the genre but i can be wrong) and their dark which i wont get into.

their dating-sim was dead popular at the time (they were all in the DOS era though) and many people are waiting very very anxiously (and do not underestimate the words “very very”) a sequel to the doukyusei series when they announced they had plans for it…8 years ago :stuck_out_tongue:

but people waited waited and nothing happens and for the interim part they didn’t release too many new games at all (mostly windows ports of their old dos games; aka recycling old resources), and most of their new and recent games are not that up to par, and people start to lose faith in them (I did).

Isn’t Elf also the company that makes their game installs crap?

Found the site from that link nice. Looks like a good game. I’m not really familiar with Elf however. Would any of there selections be available in english? I have to wait a year before I can transfer into the university I’m going to from my community college so I can take the Japanese course they offer

Knights of Xentar is from Elf, I think. But it’s out of print now.

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
elf used to be (dunno about now) one of the top bgames companies in japan with games like the dating-sim doukyusei and kakyusei series (i think they are the pioneers of the genre but i can be wrong) and their dark which i wont get into.

Now that I think about it, it's rather strange to classify the Doukyuusei franchise as a dating-sim. The games resemble Snow Drop than anything else, with the "go to the right spot at the right time to meet the right girl" approach. The only things that were novel at the time were town map and the free-form, Adam-like "Touchable View" gameplay.

Kakyuusei actually has more dating-sim elements to it. When you consider it, the immensely-popular Sentimental Graffitti series (which is supposedly the second-biggest dating-sim franchise, ever) takes several key points from the gameplay of Kakyuusei and expands upon them.

I think they also released words worth and elf allstar Datsujan the MJ game

Right now, Kakyusei 2 is receiving huge negative feedbacks from fans due to some of the characters. The reason is main heroine (along with some others), Tamaki, breaks the traditional role of the characters of Kakyusei type games. I don’t want to go into too much details yet since people in this BBS haven’t played Kakyusei 2 or heard about this yet.

Fans thought Kakyusei 2 will be like Kakyusei 1, where you slowly build your relationship with the girl you like and that’s how Elf advertised Kakyusei 2. But once the game was released, people found out that they were mislead from the Elf’s advertisement and are furious by what they did.

Kakyusei 2 can either make Elf successful again or make them go down in the drain and it seems like things look like the latter -_-

yea its really sad…most of my favorite games early on were from elf…