Eiyu*Senki -- Discussion Thread

Hi, all! With Eiyu*Senki - The World Conquest coming out in the fairly near future, I wanted to create a post here to discuss a few points of interest related to the game. Feel free to veer away from my starting topics to whatever interests you about the game. Two topics I have been thinking about, though…

1. Lots of (Physical) Options – I find it interesting that there are so many different physical versions of this game (https://jlist.com/jast013) , and I was curious about which one you find yourself gravitating toward. I’m a bit on the fence, personally. I love getting the most deluxe version of a game possible, but the $25 extra for the 60-page artbook in the “Collector’s Edition” feels like quite a price jump for just that one small item. I may be biased, though, since I’m not much of an artbook person. On the other hand, I’m absolutely a sucker for soundtracks, so the middle-tier “Limited Edition” is where I’ll probably end up. What about you? Do you have a particular physical version with your name on it? Or do you plan to go wholly digital for this release?
2. Status of a (Possible?) Steam release – I had assumed since Fruitbat Factory previously released the all-ages version of this game on the Playstation 3, they would also have a version out on Steam. I checked just now, though, and it looks like that isn’t the case. This begs an interesting question that probably goes into the nitty-gritty of licensing details: if a Steam release comes to fruition, which company gets it? Would it be FF by virtue of having their name on the all-ages version? Or would it be JAST by virtue of having a lock on its release on the PC platform? I ask because I really don’t know. I hope JAST gets to profit, since it seems like a game like this could sell very well on Steam.

Anyway, let’s hear your thoughts, either on these things or on any other aspect of the game. Go!

It’s possible that Tenco itself would self-publish the game on Steam.

It is interesting indeed as you say with there being so many Physical options for the game. When there are collector’s/limited editions, the temptation to get them for the physical goodies is high. Especially since JAST/JList is the only place where I will get physical PC games these days. Possibly also the only publisher which guarantees that they’re DRM free as well.

@jacksprat1 said:
Hi, all! With Eiyu*Senki - The World Conquest coming out in the fairly near future, I wanted to create a post here to discuss a few points of interest related to the game. Feel free to veer away from my starting topics to whatever interests you about the game. Two topics I have been thinking about, though…

1. Lots of (Physical) Options – I find it interesting that there are so many different physical versions of this game (https://jlist.com/jast013) , and I was curious about which one you find yourself gravitating toward. I’m a bit on the fence, personally. I love getting the most deluxe version of a game possible, but the $25 extra for the 60-page artbook in the “Collector’s Edition” feels like quite a price jump for just that one small item. I may be biased, though, since I’m not much of an artbook person. On the other hand, I’m absolutely a sucker for soundtracks, so the middle-tier “Limited Edition” is where I’ll probably end up. What about you? Do you have a particular physical version with your name on it? Or do you plan to go wholly digital for this release?

Anyway, let’s hear your thoughts, either on these things or on any other aspect of the game. Go!

Like you, I’m also a sucker for OSTs. With many games I find that I end up enjoying so many OSTs. And as a result I love having it as part of my music file library on my computer. Which I can also load onto my MP3 player from there when I’m out of the house. It’s especially true for VNs which I find have very good music from what I’ve played so far.

With this game, I don’t know a lot about it. I just learned about it a few months ago. And the premise sounds interesting with the gameplay elements focusing on World Conquest. I also can’t resist the call for games where you take part in what feels like World Domination. I got the sense from playing Aselia and Seinarukana even though you don’t directly fight to rule the worlds in those games with regards to their stories. With capturing towns and converting them to your own faction. I get a sense of World Domination and Strategy from those games which is exciting.

I decided to go for the Collector’s edition for this game. Having an Artbook sounds that it would be thrilling One of my most expensive purchases for a game ever. I am taking a risk with this, but it feels that I won’t be disappointed from seeing what this game is about. And I feel if I end up loving this game, similar to how I did with Yumina, that I may’ve regretted not getting the Collector’s edition when I had the chance. Once I get the game. I’ll be able to experience what it’s about from there.

Since summer officially ends on the 21st, how seriously should we take the summer release date? I wandered on to a fan translation that left much to be desired, and as soon as I discovered JAST was releasing it, I uninstalled it after playing only through the very early story. I’ve been waiting for nearly a year to play it.

Has it been delayed again, or am I being too impatient?

(Edit: It’s out. Happy to see I was being impatient.)

Well, for certain values of “out”. It started shipping today. Mine hasn’t shipped yet, though.

Commenting a little late, but I got my version in the mail. Very nice physical release! I love the soundtrack case and the art cards. My only gripe (and it’s a minor one) is that it would have been nice if the bundle had come with a cardboard or chipboard slipcase of some sort to store the whole package together. Especially with this release, though, I can see where that might be a little hard since there are 3 possible versions to account for. Anyway, those are my thoughts on the game as a physical package. Look forward to playing it soon, hopefully when life gives me a breather near Thanksgiving…

Anyone know if this just a translation on the first game or if its the gold package that has extra story and characters?

Finally have been able to really start getting into this game.

The unification of Japan was an interesting experience. And Damn, I’m not going to spoil what happened after that, but I did not see that plot twist coming. I thought one of the characters was going to die after unifying Japan. What happened, was completely different. Wow wow wow.

The next step to World Conquest, it is interesting on how the story really branches off after that point. It looks like we have a choice of how we want to proceed with the World Conquest from here on out. And it has elements which are similar but not really like Aselia’s world map system. Mainly just the capturing of other cities and having your cities threatened as well.

My thoughts about the combat. I’m still learning my way around the combat system and it looks like there are “elemental weaknesses” depending on the kind of weapon your character unit uses. I believe the key to being effective in battles will be to figure out which weapon types are strong and weak against other weapon types.

Then another thing that has struck out to me about this game is troop management. The game discourages you from just entering a new country guns ablazing. You have to send in just the right amount of troops, since you’ll need spare troops to do several missions on each turn. Sending in too many means you can’t defend yourself from an enemy attack on the enemy turn. And you want to use a bunch to potentially conquer further into an opponents territory.

My current opponent is Mongolia, and I feel it has the right amount of challenge. I’m going to learn this system, and it feels good to feel like I’m actually taking a big step to take over the world in this game.