Eroge art is declining

Has anyone noticed that in the past few years that art styles are becoming more and more same-y?
Everyone is using the same coloring techniques. There’s little focus on details and instead focus on shiny colors in an attempt to hide their effortless art.
Creative art styles are getting rarer outside of what Liar-Soft and KeorQ does and it feels incredibly stale.

Why have they given up on having their own styles to differentiate them from others? Why are fans fine with this?
Is there a reason they suddenly don’t care about variety?

Bring back talented illustrators like Minazuki Tooru, Muramasa Kazuma, Nakamura Tetsuya, Nagaoka Kenzou, Takamichi, and Koike Sadaji!

nothing exemplifies this more than http://key.visualarts.gr.jp/whiteclover/

whatever you think about hinoue itaru, her art was unique!
now it’s the same as every other artist.

Even artists whose work was perhaps most notable for its flaws injected personality into the works they illustrated and now there really is little of that. Even makura is starting to go that way.

The same thing is happening to Oyari’s art. Quite sad, really…

I think someone else might be doing the coloring for them now. Also, I’ve noticed that the sketch marks are gone in their art. I don’t understand :confused:

With that said for art I keep watch over the following companies:
Leaf/Aqua Plus - Everything from them looks great if you ignore WA2. How did the main artist manage to get WORSE?
KeroQ/Makura - Interesting group of artist despite the new coloring style
Light - G-Yuusuke is a great artist and the Soranica Ele artist is pretty decent
Elf - Despite doing mostly netorare their art is still nice to look at

Holy fuck I can only name four!

I think White Album 2 Closing Chapter has excellent art, for reference. I’m not sure what happened with Introductory Chapter - they fixed the worst parts in the patch but it’s still very ordinary stuff.

Well that’s because some of the art wasn’t being done by the terrible dude.

http://boards.4chan.org/jp/res/11016230
Here’s an amusing thread.

JK to Orc Heidanshitty 2012 gameshitty 2013 anime

The reason why art and game quality are going down, is because it lowers production costs and requires fewer sales to be profitable. If people are willing to spend their $$$ on garbage in, the studios have incentive to save $$$ and put garbage out… unless said studios have the decency for quality standards. Sadly, not all studio are such.

Some would rather die a slow miserable death and sully their brand name legacy, that quietly call it quits and leave a dignified history.

You haven’t seen bad art til you’ve played Sengoku Hime. At least with most games you know what you’re getting into. Sengoku Hime seems fine at first glance.

3days:
[attachment=0]3days_.jpg[/attachment]

The OP movie does a good job hiding that by only showing the (relatively good) tachie and covering the other art with graphical effects. At least unlike Sengoku Hime 3days is actually a good game.

Hey, the later entries in the series are somewhat worth playing! They have better writing than Koihime Musou at least.