Eroge Review Site

Whee! More twincest! :slight_smile:
Great prices and quality [/b]
[/quote]
Aye they are. Himeya Shop DOES overcharge. Now I understand they need to make a profit, so I don’t hold it against them. They’re one of the few that can be trusted, and when I’m not actually in Japan I use them like a religion. But it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth, when say… Puni Puni Handmaid - which a MSRP of 9240 yen on the box - only costs 1800 yen in Softmap, and I have to shell that full $90 plus shipping. Not even that, sometimes even the newest games are like 2000 yen cheaper than the MSRP because they’re trying to out sell the endless horde of Akihabara rivals. Makes me wonder how much the wholesale price is…

Still, begars can’t be choosy, and we eroge fans are some really begging people. Just check all those ¬Ågwish list¬Åh threads on the forum. :wink:

I was going to write a post on this on my blog, but since the cat is out the bag… :stuck_out_tongue:

[ 08-10-2006, 03:42 AM: Message edited by: Nargrakhan ]

Hmmmmm…

• starts calculating, how many games I would have to buy in order to compensate the prices of the plane-tickets with the possible savings *

[ 08-10-2006, 04:58 AM: Message edited by: Unicorn ]

This page unintentionally left blank… :o

[ 08-10-2006, 04:54 AM: Message edited by: Unicorn ]

You could always join the US Navy and get stationed in Yokosuka. Enlisted don’t need to be US citizens, and there’s free room and food to boot. All for the low, low cost of your freewill and soul. :wink:

I joined and turned out okay… twitch twitch

Suuure - and twitchest is best, right? :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

I visited Sofmap vhen i was there too, i agree that the price was very nice. But i have only been there once, and the chances are slim that i will be going there once more. So for me himeya Shop is the best bid. As Nagrakhan put it beggers can’t chose, so we have to pay, and be happy.

Yukubari Saboten
http://www.elizar.com/?p=43

Wasn’t what I was hoping it to be. Review was easier to write than most because of that.

Well, maybe this is the best solution for your dilemma :wink: :stuck_out_tongue: . But what about the bonus scenario downloable from Alicesoft? And is it included in your “Personal Rating” score?

Dang it. I thought I fixed that typo before posting it. :stuck_out_tongue:

It does. All the gaiden does is bring in the Shimaima characters to the story. It’s pretty obvious they’re in the same setting, so this wasn’t all that cool IMHO. Nothing like… say… the MinDeaD cameo in Gore Screaming Show.

Still, it seems more of these “extras” are being planned, so there’s always a chance I’ll need to update my review in the future.

Nonetheless, I wasn’t impressed with how the game is “out of the box” and whatnot.

I’m testing out a template for reviews, and wondering if anyone had additional suggestions or requests. Using my most recent entry as the test subject.

http://www.elizar.com/?p=43

I’ve revised my scoring system to be more detailed, and there’s a “quick look” section for those who don’t want to read the entire article. As always, I try to avoid spoilers in the review.

That floating demon girl is just a place holder for a future image. :slight_smile:

I intended to grandfather all the old articles in this format, but doing so will take time. An individual told me that they would prefer I simply continue new articles and leave the older ones alone. I enjoy uniformity above all else, but if the general flow doesn’t agree, I can put it off until a later date.

To say the truth, I prefer the old style, more concise and direct, especially if this change will slow the influx of future reviews (an inevitable thing, I suppose).
Your style remains very nice, however, although I would like to use this reply for signaling you a not-so-little edit: that game is named Yukubari Saboten or Yokubari Saboten?

Aye. The new score method is the real major change. I’ve had a few people mentioned they wanted more detail about how the score was made, so I thought of playing around with it. The problem is I have to spend time to “justify” why the score is such, rather than simply “state” it.

I was always hoping that simply giving my own 2-cents on a title, and then providing a little info on the characters and plot would be enough to help someone pick out a title for themselves. However, not everyone shops the same way, and I suppose giving more in-depth reasoning behind my thinking helps here and there.

Nonetheless, altering the format is a big deal, so I wanted to “test the waters” with it before committing myself with the workload. Another method I could use is simply find a middle ground between the two… or just not do anything at all with the old format. I prefer the old way more, but I’m always open to change or improvement so…

The things I do for progress. :o

EDIT
Trying out a slightly different format. This one “middle lines” the original setup and the new. Seems more workable… might stick with it…

[ 08-19-2006, 11:28 PM: Message edited by: Nargrakhan ]

Me too I like this format… if it guarantees regular/normal release of future reviews, of course :frowning: :stuck_out_tongue: ?

:p      :p   Copyright 2006 Elizar Horton. Poor Maids! Poor Yoriko!   :p      :p

[ 08-21-2006, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: Baldo ]

Oops, double post :o .

[ 08-20-2006, 02:02 PM: Message edited by: Baldo ]

As i have said in an earlier post your site is a great help, I have just recieved Kansen and started to play it. I would never have found this game if i havent read your review. By the way i like the soundtrack.

You must love Kansen already, if you adopted one of its characters as your new avatar. But I can say that me too I finally decided to buy Kansen after reading Nargrakhan’s review of the game, although merely as “second game”, for reducing (slighty) Himeya’s shipping charges (buying only one (1) erogame, even if good, from Himeya is anti-economical, in my opinion).

Yep, i sometimes like a bit of oldfashioned horror, like Night Of The Evil Dead and such. And i think this game falls in that category a bit. And yes i like Kansen, it has a very good soundtrack. I didn’t order it, a friend and fellow fanboy bought it for me when he was in the far east in buisness.

The Nuns of Sexualministrant
http://www.elizar.com/?p=44

Review sorta bothers me… can’t figure out why. I’ll check it over again in the morning.

I still am. Twincest and maids don’t conflict. Just ask Hisui & Kohaku or Chihaya & Chihiro. :slight_smile:

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Kansen has a great soundtrack. I really hope they make a Kansen 2, as there’s a lot of potential in expanding the setting. Only time and sales will see…

[ 08-22-2006, 10:01 AM: Message edited by: Nargrakhan ]

It’s a real possibility, in my opinion, and not only because this game is so good that seems to attract overseas customers too.
Look in particular at the current rankings of the 2006 Bishoujo Game Award: Kansen got 2th place in “Hard Games” and 18th place in “New Genre” categories (on a side note, Yume Miru Kusuri is also present, getting notable results so far: 9th place for “Scenario”, 7th for “Theme Song”, 8th for “BGM”, 13th for “Graphics”, 4th for “New Genre”, 9th for “Best Characters” and 12th for “Pure Love Games”, plus another three “nominations” in merchandising/support-related categories).
I’m very curious to see the final winners, surely predestined to sequels and more!

Still unemployed, but I’m done moving. :wink:

Shinjyu no Yakata
http://www.elizar.com/?p=45

Next on my schedule are School Festa and Yakimochi Twinbell due to a request.