EVE DVD Ltd. Edition Review

This Review is written on the fly by an amatuer writer. It is solely my opinion and does not reflect the opinion of Peach Princess or any of their Staff members.

Thank You! Now on to the review.

Title: EVE DVD Ltd. Edition
Publisher: C’s Ware

What can I say? Here we have another Renewal version of EVE burst error, this time with upgraded graphics and slicker interface. I wasn’t sure I was going to like the game at first,but the game won me over.

Gameplay has been incredibly streamlined due to the upgraded interface. You’re able to switch between Kojiroh and Marina’s scenario straight from the message window. One save slot covers both characters and there are 10 available. The interface has also been exceptionally upgraded due to the fact that the game will notify you when you should switch scenario’s. This is a Godsend during the mutual Hacking sequence when the game will tell you when to switch to the other character. It also keeps the stories more or less chronologically together which makes the understanding of the story more complete. All in all a job well done.

Graphics: while some people have raised some dissention about the new character designs, I didn’t have a problem with them. All are well done and have a more Anime look to them. Colors were very vibrant and were both a strength and weakness in the game. Colors set a really nice ambience in some scenes, yet were jarring when talking to Purin (Puddin’) Due to her color mismatched eyes.

Animation: Characters that you are talking to react and show a graeater range of emotion due to the body language that they can show during conversations, and it was a nice touch. I think a lot of people will be disappointed that the number of animated sequences in the game have dropped from the previous Windows version, but all are well done, High quality and have more background detail than Sogna’s animation.

Music, A mix of some old tracks from the previous version and some new stuff is included, it sets some nice ambience to the game.

O.K. You pervs, the sex scenes were really well done (both Natasha’s and Kyoko’s really stand out.) and Marina’s has three as well (after playing Adam you know who with besides Suzuki, although it’s a little one way)

For those of you who like the scores here we go:

Interface: 10/10

CG’s: 7/10

Animation: 9.5/10

Bonus Points because there’s an Omake section which includes all CG’s, all music and every animated sequence except for the Ending.

My total Score is 9/10 Excellent.

You won’t be disappointed.

Thanks for the nice review, Doug-san!

Sorry, I forgot to mention the fact that the whole “Who Killed Who” thing was done away with in this version of the game. It goes straight to the ending.

Guess I shoulda checked this forum first before posting a question about the graphics in the other forum Oh well good to know everything is updated, I think I’m going to put this game on my buy list the next time I make a himeya order. Always wanted an unedited version of Eve

quote:
Originally posted by wanfu2k1:
I think I'm going to put this game on my buy list the next time I make a himeya order.

Admittedly, I am still a bit indecisive about this point. Probably, my hesitation will make me miss my chance to grab my own copy.

quote:
Always wanted an unedited version of Eve [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Well, there still remains the PC-98-version of Eve Burst Error... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

Which is included in the DVD right? See I win both ways of course it would be even nicer if himeya would just translate the rest of the EVE story and not leave us hanging

If you guys do get the game make sure you get the 1.1 patch off of C’s Ware’s website.

http://www.csware.co.jp/

Is the patch easy to install? And were the menus easy to navigate in terms of saving/loading etc?

I’ll be making a decision on the game very soon, although I won’t actually play it until I finish the English version.

Good review, btw.

quote:
Originally posted by Interzone:
Is the patch easy to install?

All you have to do is run the patch, which will extract the files, copy the files to your EVE directory. One of the files you copy is patch.exe. Run patch.exe and your done.

[This message has been edited by Doug (edited 01-20-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by Interzone:
were the menus easy to navigate in terms of saving/loading etc?

Main Menu on the main screen. (Non Gameplay screen)

New Game

Load Game

Options

Omake (Not available or visible until you finish the game)

Quit

---Gameplay Options screen (activate by right clicking your mouse)-------

Save
Load
(all the options after these two are unimportant, except for the last two which are: )

Return to Title
Quit to Windows

[This message has been edited by Doug (edited 01-20-2004).]

Bump!

Thanks a lot for the info Doug, much appriciated