Ever 17 Questions

I’m considering buying the game Ever 17, but I need to know some stuff about it first to decide if it’s worth getting (I haven’t read any reviews on it).

1) Does it have a good story?

2)Are the endings hard to get? Like will I need a gamefaqs guide like Hourglass of Summer to save time?

3) What’s the story about?

4) I hear it’s a sequel to another game, what’s that game about and do I need to have any knowledge of that particular game?

1. Does it have a good story?

Yes, it’s amazing. But you must obtain all four of the good endings before you can unlock the final scenario that ties everything together so beautifully. So in otherwords, you must commit to playing the game at least 5 times to be able to fully comprehend the story. And it will take SEVERAL hours if you listen to every piece of dialogue. The game also has some very cool extras.

2)Are the endings hard to get? Like will I need a gamefaqs guide like Hourglass of Summer to save time?

No. There aren’t many decision points in the game. But it will take you a long time to unlock everything and get all 114 art pieces/wallpapers.

3) What’s the story about?

From the official site:

It is May 1, 2017, 12:51 p.m.
    Seven people find themselves trapped without warning in the marine theme park LeMU, 167 feet underwater. Water, air and food are in short supply, and worse yet, a mysterious virus lurks deep in the ocean.
    The park is relentlessly assaulted by water pressure, and the protective bulkhead will collapse in the next 119 hours.
    Time is limited for the people trapped in LeMU. As they fight to escape, the bonds between them grow stronger - bonds of friendship, and bonds of love.
    But time waits for no one, and your time is close to running out. With an ending that packs the ultimate in surprises, what will happen to you?
    What will you gain when you finally discover the secret of LeMU? And what will you lose?

Excellent characters too! VA is also good, with my favorite being Yuu Asakawa as Tsugumi.

4) I hear it’s a sequel to another game, what’s that game about and do I need to have any knowledge of that particular game?

It’s not a sequel but it does take place in the same world. Ever 17 -the out of infinity- is the second game released in the popular “Infinity Series” games in Japan. There are 3 games released in this series (Never 7 -The End of Infinity-, Ever 17 -The Out of Infinity-, and Remember 11 -The Age of Infinity)-, and they all take place in the same world but in different years. You do not need to have any sort of knowledge about any of the other games whatsoever to play this game.

On a side note: The popular Memories Off games in Japan also take place in the same world as the Infinity Series Games.

http://anime.advancedmn.com will have a review of the game up later this month.

Sorry, but I forgot to mention that you can download a demo of the game from here: http://anime.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=2335

I never played the trial version but I hear that there’s a few grammatical mistakes and the it jumps around a lot in terms of story in order to show different parts of the game.

Sorry, but I forgot to mention that you can download a demo of the game from here: http://anime.advancedmn.com/article.php?artid=2335

I never played the trial version but I hear that there’s a few grammatical mistakes and the it jumps around a lot in terms of story in order to show different parts of the game.

Not wanting to start a new topic on Ever 17 i’ll just post here…

All I can say is wow, everything about this game rocked other than a few translation errors, that are easily ignored…

Having spent the last few days playing the game, after taking a break from it I finally managed to get all the endings, Coco’s was by far the best though.

I have played alot of games, some with adult scenes some without and this is the best game I have ever played coming to PP and seeing it listed I was kinda iffy about getting it, didn’t know if it was filled with massive sex scenes, like a few of the games i’ve played which I have to say do kind of take away from the game… notice the kinda.

As the OP asked if this game was any good, I loved it and i’m a hard person to please when it comes to any type of game, all in all I give this game a 10 even with it’s translation errors it still receives a 10.

Usually after I have beaten a game, I uninstall it and stash it some place to collect dust eventually forgetting about it completely but this is a game, that wont be uninstalled, thanks pp for carrying this great game.

P.S: To those of you who haven’t played it or even bought it I suggest you do, even though it lacks any adult related material no one will be disappointed in this game.

BTW yes I know I just resurrected this old thread.

[ 08-02-2006, 01:45 AM: Message edited by: Kanodin ]

It seems like this game is a game i would like. I think i will order it soon. I like games with a good story.

One of the best stories I have ever seen in a game, and to be honest I was quite happy that there was no adult content in it, as it would of really taken away from the story, the game combineds just the right amount of comedy,drama, action, adventure and the music isn’t so bad either kinda creepy in certain spots.

Be prepared though to put alot of time into getting all the endings atleast 4-7 hrs depending on how many times you’ve already went through the game, the first time you beat it takes 8-12 hrs.

When I played it … I played for about an hour a night 3 days a week. It took me a good month to get through all the endings. Verry long but it has a great story. Great CG’s, and the Voices you can customize your computer with. the Voice I like is Coco’s she is so funny.

Pu-Pu-Ku-Pu :stuck_out_tongue: yes Coco is adorable, Tsugumi’s VA wasn’t so bad either, Takeshi was hilalrious during Coco’s epil. I laughed so hard at that part.

Just a quick question, is there anyway to rip the bgm’s from the game? or am I going to have to track down the soundtrack and purchase it?

Well, I just want to give my thx as this exact solution worked for me when I tried to get snow drop to work. It either couldnt find the file or when I reinstalled it complained that it couldnt initialize Directsound. But removing those pesky dll files solved it like a charm so cheers.

ops, wrong thread. Sorry, had to many threads open at once in the forum ^^.

But as a sidenote, I totally agree that Ever 17 story is one of the best I encountered when it comes to visual novels :smiley:

Yeah ever 17 was a great game, I ranked it 2nd after kana just because kana is more belivable.

The only thing that I find a bit odd/annoying was Tsugumi’s reaction to her um condition, most people I know would be pretty damn happy, my self included.

as for music, you could simply use a mic and record it from you speakers as it plays, a high quality mic a good rec program and it should have the same quality as the original.

I played the demo, but it ws abit confusing. It was more than a playable trailer if you know what I mean. I’ve been thinking of getting the game, but I’m pretty picky when it comes to drawing styles, so I’m not quite sure…O.o

I’d be happy too about having that condition, although i’d really hate having the side effects of it.

What side effects? O.o

Obviously, it would require massive spoilers to tell you, so BUY THE GAME AND FIND OUT! :slight_smile:

it obvious ^^

it is called addiction g

i got my copy of the game a while ago - played all night and i can’t stop

throws in the Cd’s

LordNeon it would require me to post spoilers so i’m not going to sorry, I will say this the game is worth it you will be addicted from the first minute until you finally beat all endings and then… you���ll still be addicted wanting to run through it again.

I’m tempted to just get it :slight_smile: