Family Planning (Family Project)

I didn’t think it was a big deal. However, I was maily wondering why I heard that some characters who were younger (but still over 18) according to someone else on another message board. I checked around, and found some info that pointed to those ages I mentioned.

I was assuming that if the ages were really changed, it might create some translation discrepancy. I wanted to be informed.

Turns out the only thing we currently know is that Masumi is 30 officially, based on the interview with her voice actress. The other characters ages are just hearsay as of now. though Zalas did say there maybe was a scene in which Aoba says she’s older than Tsukasa, and claims that if he’s 20 then she’s 22. That may have been a joke though…

Oh, and the reason most Erogames don’t give ages is because EOCS/Sofurin doesn’t allow them to have characters under 18 in eroscenes, so they try to avoid the age issue altogether.

To get to another, related topic:

It appears the Yamada Hajime name is still used sometimes:
http://www.cd-bros.co.jp/takayashiki/index2.html

This is a CD-Bros brand that is related to Hajime, Takayashiki Development. They mainly do remakes, though there is still some newer stuff coming out.

(People on this board probably know it because of the Kana ~okeri~ remake)

Interestingly, it’s named after the “Family” in Kazoku…

[ 07-16-2007, 07:55 PM: Message edited by: Shade453 ]

BTW, Why is “Hoshizora Planet” mentioned on the website? That might cause rumors regarding it’s liscensing, particularly since most US fans haven’t heard of it…

I find it weird that, as of this writing, this game and Princess Waltz are up everywhere BUT the PP site…

Just a couple of curiosities I noticed…

It’s mentioned because along with Kana and Kazoku Keikaku it forms the trilogy of (major) titles that Yamada Hajime worked on for D.O. before he left the company. To clarify, we do NOT have the rights to Hoshizora Planet and there are currently no plans to seek them.

The games will be up on PP soon; there’s no particular reason why they’re not there now (other than that our staff are currently split across continents ^^;;).

WOAH, It looks like the DVD version requires 3.6 GB of HD space, according to EGS…

Quite a step up from 940MB, is there a reason for that?

Voices. Lots and lots of voices.

Um, I’m talking about the DVD version, the English sites currently list 940 MB required. The one liscenced, According to what Shingo said above, is the DVD version.

Does the English version have a Minimum install to hear the voices from the Disc, or what?

This question was directed at Shingo,who wrote the official sites.

EDIT :The original CD-ROM version used 500 MB Disk Space

[ 07-20-2007, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: Shade453 ]

The version of the game that I have been testing is the download version, which has an install footprint of 940 MB. It’s identical to the complete DVD version of the game. I don’t know why EGS is listing it at 3.6 GB, but my guess would be that the original release had a bunch of garbage data included in the installer to deter piracy with a large file size. I’ll look into this.

[ 07-20-2007, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: Shingo ]

That’s probably right. After all, the original DVD release of Crescendo had around the same requirement, and the GC CD version has the voices and all the extra images (albeit disabled). That was also by D.O. So I guess it was some sort of anti-piracy scheme they used for a while.

I don’t mind the size cause I will make room if I have to.

It won’t be that big in size:p
I guess I should give you some Matsuri action for my fellow loli-fan:)
http://www.gamedoki.com/softimages/00000267dl9.jpg?DOKI=b3adf2675ea67c2c177939d2966450b7
http://www.gamedoki.com/softimages/00000267dl7.jpg?DOKI=b3adf2675ea67c2c177939d2966450b7

Second image NSFW. Also looks a little akward. Gotta love the loli top half and a wider lower half:)

Hmmm, Now Princess Waltz is up on the PP site, but not this game… Why not?

…because it’s a gc game so it goes on the gc site first as a priority? :stuck_out_tongue:

Your Peach Princess page, sir.

Checking this page at TAKAYASHIKI, it seems Kazoku Keikaku has a sequel or a spin-off game more focused in Matsuri and featuring some new characters.

Someone can enlight more info about this? :slight_smile:

Basically a fan disc with a popular character. It doesn’t appear to be liscensed.

I don’t really know much more, though Matsuri was certainly one of the most popular characters in the game, such a beautiful girl, despite her Loli-ness…

[ 07-24-2007, 09:34 AM: Message edited by: Shade453 ]

Thanks. I love the loli’s so much. I hope more games with loli’s get translated cause then I’d be guaranteed to buy them and recommend them to an entire forum of Loli fans. I recommended Yume Miru Kusuri to like 100+ plus people.

My DVD version takes exactly 3,900,118,196 bytes = 3.63GB, with a “voice1” file of 1.26 GB and a “voice2” file of 1.23GB.

Could be becuase of different compression technology used in the DVD version vs the download version.

My information, as already stated, is based on the size of the install folder for the download version of the game.

As far as I know this version is complete in every way. I don’t know what causes the size discrepancy between the versions, but provided the content is identical I see no reason to go with the larger install size for our release. That said, if there is any improvement in quality brought by using the larger install size we will definitely opt for the larger version.

(PS: this screenshot is from Parallels and has no bearing on how I typically set up Windows. Let’s not turn this thread into an OS debate. ^^;:wink: