Fatal Hearts - Download Free Demo

http://www.hanakogames.com/fatal.shtml

Well, there’s the last two years of my life. Treat it gently. :slight_smile:

More seriously - this is a non-H adventure game (like Another Code or Phoenix Wright, it includes puzzles) with a female protagonist. And since this is non-H, I don’t have to pretend she’s over 18. She’s definitely 15, can’t drive, innocent and confused. And she should be - there’s horrible dark mysteries going on, other young women being murdered in the night, and she’s having Suspiciously Meaningful Dreams…

First and foremost, it’s an adventure, the plot takes precendence over the romance. Second, it’s GxB (mostly) with many possible choices to be involved with. Many characters are enemies, so depending on who you join up with, you’ll get entirely different information about the others. There are fourteen endings, but which ones are good and which ones are bad is mostly up to you.

Anyway, there is a free demo, so try it and see if you like it!

“Mostly”? So there are GxG options?

this is ME we’re talking about. the one who complains about insufficient yuri. of COURSE there’s at least one GxG ending. :slight_smile:

[ 10-27-2007, 08:59 PM: Message edited by: papillon ]

Draw fanart, win a free copy!

http://hanako.informe.com/viewtopic.php?t=108

Any way to get a cd-rom copy of the game? I live in a rural area where DSL isn’t available, and I don’t really trust a downloaded game anyways, if I’m going to spend money on it, I want a cd-rom (or dvd-rom).
If a cd version is available I will get it, otherwise I won’t. Thanks.

Depends on what you mean by a cd-rom copy.

If you just want the exact same thing on a normal CD so that you have a backup of it (which is perfectly reasonable) then you can get one by using the BMT Micro order form and, down where it says ‘Additional Information’, selecting “Electronic and CD-Rom Delivery”. For $10 they’ll send you a CD version as well as the download. I don’t get any of that extra $10 though, they keep that all for themselves, for the trouble of burning and mailing you a disc. :slight_smile:

If you mean a shiny, pretty CD in a box with pictures on it like you’d buy in a store, then no - those things don’t magically make themselves and this game doesn’t have a retail publisher yet. Feel free to nag at a publisher and tell them they should pick up the game. :slight_smile:

(I might at some point see if I can set up a CafePress CD version, which would be cheaper and prettier than the BMT Micro one, but I have never done CDs with them and don’t know how good or bad they are.)

[ 12-04-2007, 04:56 PM: Message edited by: papillon ]

While a shiny, pretty CD in a box with pictures would be nice ,I can accept a basic plain sc that has the game, which is really all that’s needed. Thanks for the info.

Ya know, the graphics/drawings have improved considerably with this latest game and the storyline has me intriqued. Unfortunately, it still bears a strong sense of juvenile Macromedia Flash, which usually I wouldn’t mind, but when people are charged as much as $24.95 (in the case of Cute Knight Deluxe) to play the game, then I expect better.

Btw, I like Lucy =).

[ 12-11-2007, 08:04 AM: Message edited by: ReMeDy ]

Please feel free to hand me a million dollars as a gift which I can use to make a game more to your specifications.

That’s not a joke. Consider what the yearly salary of a SINGLE ARTIST is. Of course, you’ll need more than one. And don’t forget the programmers, musicians, etc.

Unsurprisingly, I don’t have a million dollars. Therefore, I don’t have a staff of fulltime artists, programmers, or musicians. I have some people who are willing to work for a couple of hours - and I pay thousands for that. What do you think happened to improve the art between Cute Knight Deluxe and Fatal Hearts? People paid that $24.95 (there’s a reason the stated price is so high, it’s a long story having to do with business contracts) and that money meant that I could PAY MORE PEOPLE.

It’s like with Peach Princess - we’d love for them to grab and translate the most popular games from Japan for us. But generally, they can’t, because they can’t possibly afford to do so.

That said, considering that you know that I’m ONE PERSON, that my games are on sale for as little as $7 if you bargain-hunt or even free if you join the community and participate in fan contests, I am slightly aggrieved by some of your words.

If someone dropped a million dollars on me, I’d happily crank out games for free. I like making games. But I have to eat. :slight_smile:

News flash: Indie titles not matching production values of AAA titles with multimillion dollar budgets. Viewfinder reel at 11.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Seriously. What were you expecting?

Heh… I feel your pain. :wink:

I think you’ve piqued my interest…

You say “More seriously” after saying that, but the quote is really quite serious, isn’t it?

Several times I’ve avoided checking out the demo, because some of the art in the screenshots isn’t quite what I’m accustomed to.
And I have so much on my plate as it is, but I think I should give it a try…! I’ll check out the demo soon, and see what happens from there~

grin

Will be interesting to see how it turns out on Manifesto - Cute Knight didn’t sell very well there, despite being a hit on some other sites. All a matter of different audiences, it’s hard to predict how things will work out (and this game in particular is somewhat controversial and gets very mixed reactions). Ah, the joys of business!

At last I played the demo! You’ve done some very nice things, some beyond professional [example : Some of the effects are wonderful to just look upon, parts of the music make me think of Lucasarts games with the orchestration, and the puzzles keep me on my toes; oh and best of all the writing seems to be lots of fun!] although, some spots I noticed that could still be improved to reach that spoiled level I’m used to [example : The music leading into the intro only matches up if you wait for it, and some of the audio transitions could use a little editing; some of the art seems to be varied levels of quality, but the style grows on you quickly; oh and I use two monitors, and full-screen initially chooses the wrong monitor, but can be corrected each time by choosing window, moving it onto the right window and full-screen it again]…

But, enough of that; this game seems to be a world of fun and I just ordered it. [I’m loving the characters… :D]
I recommend people to try out the demo. Even if you only get the demo, it’s worth checking out.
See if you can beat the variety of puzzles without using hints!

I found myself wanting more.

For example, both of Lucy’s endings involve running away. There should be a way to end up with her romantically while still staying, or at least solving part of the problems. Darlene… I’d love more background on her. Randy… no ending with him?

I’d recommend hopping over to my forums to discuss the characters and endings in-depth, as well as to possibly join in writing fanfic of what you WISH happened. :slight_smile: (In fact, if you do write a good fanstory to propose a different Lucy/Christina ending, you may eventually win prizes for it, I tend to run contests now and then.)

I agree with these points as well. Still, fantastic game and well worth the price.

There’s a recent review for it:

http://visual-novels.net/vn/index.php?o … &Itemid=52

No… its not mine. :stuck_out_tongue: