Favorite / least favorite eroge artists?

Thanks for the info! It seems one of those games was up for a fan translation, but the guy apparently gave up that idea. :frowning:

does anybody know who the Trabulance artist is? I love their artsyle.

I’ll say one thing I don’t like, and this isn’t a particular artist, just a style that has stemmed from the genre, is drawing the main characters face with no eyes. It’s kind of creepy really. If they really don’t want you to feel like you’re the character, just show the back of his head or something else. And if they don’t care, just draw some damn eyes. It’s just disconcerting seeing a face without them.

Although if they do that for a girl, it’s cute? :stuck_out_tongue:

Only if she’s not the protagonist. Allow me to demonstrate the difference using the first two pictures I could find.

Not cute (protagonist):

Cute (heroine):

The first image may just look like a bad shot, but they never show her face during the entire game - they’re ALL like that (except a lot of the available ones were HCG and I didn’t feel like posting that because I’d have to warn people about it)

I don’t find it to be cute if they do it for every single picture, no.

Danger… Narg going off topic alert! :o

As a fan of these types of girls, I feel it really depends on the artist and the character design. The core problem with these kinds of characters, is that the artist really only has a mouth to work with for facial expressions. Eyes really help with that sort of stuff. In most cases I’ve noticed, changing the character’s head position for various emotional responses really helps, although in most games they don’t bother to do this. So it really comes down to how well the artist can convey the mouth to send an emotion. Inevitably, most do “cheat” by showing an eye (or both eyes) at least once in awhile.

Generally speaking though, I do agree that the look fits a creepy and/or introvert style persona… if only because most artists can’t handle portraying it in multiple expressions. I’m sure it’s easier to just draw the character with eyes first, then draw over them when done (as demonstrated with Inori below).

Dorothy of Rune Factory 2 (all the time but once)

Komori Kiri (only once in awhile)

Inori Tsubomiya (all the time but once)
[attachment=1]25.jpg[/attachment] [attachment=0]26.jpg[/attachment]

Errr… this is the design for the Anime version of Hyakko manga created by KATOU Haruaki
So it’s not this person style at all.

For my favorite artist… Well, i’ll be ultra classical but
T2 and Carnelian… :stuck_out_tongue:

But if you go in the Eromanga it’s another Story (Kisaragi Gunma, Fukudahda and Inu FTW ^^)

I think my favorite artwork is from Nocturnal Illusions…not the most up to date game, but really the game that pulled me into the bishoujo genre. If I could pick two more artists, I would say the one who drew the artwork for Gibo and the artwork for Queen Buon Giorno. I would say that my least favorite artwork in and of itself is from Water Closet. But it isn’t the fault of the artist, more like the game subject itself isn’t to my taste…

I dunno … Nocturnal Illusion’s music was excellent, and for the time, the art was good - but I don’t think it’s held up. Of course, the remake that Narg found a couple months ago, that’s different, but I dunno what the art looks like for that one other than the compare/contrast pics posted in the thread.

It’s an awesome game and all, but I dunno I’d say it has the best art.

I guess you could say the artwork is spellbinding to me because of the entire plot of the game. Because the storyline is well developed, because you can’t help but care about what goes on in the minds of the characters, (for me) I just can’t help but love the artwork. I would have to say that I also love the artwork for Snow Sakura simply because I really enjoy the various storyline trees that are found in the game…Saki being the best storyline, Rei being the second storyline I’m focusing on…