Favorite / least favorite eroge artists?

It’d be nice to know what artists doing VNs you like and dislike, preferrably with links to their art.

As for me, as weird as that might sound, I haven’t yet played a single game drawn my favorite artist at the moment, Peko. His work on Konayuki Fururi caught my eye, but the game is not available in English, as well as any of his other works (I couldn’t even find if there are any, actually). I’ve only found this gallery. [size=85]He seems to be drawing a lot of Yuri, which gives him some extra points from me![/size] :mrgreen:

As for disliked artists, the only one that comes to mind is Sendorikun, whose work you all know very well from all those ZyX sexromp titles (which are also not my cup of tea). The way he draws girls puts me off for some reason, something about their faces that I find unattractive…

I’m sure you all know many many great artists I’ve never even heard of, so please share. :wink:

I like Rinshin, 323, Nanase Aoi, Nishimata Aoi, Kimidzuka Aoi, CARNELIAN, Tetsuya Oono, Suigun, MIN-NARAKEN/ORION/Onigiri-kun, Ueda Ryo…

Aoi Nishitama, Itaru Hinoue, Akane Ikegami, Mikeou, and Carnelian

To be honest, the only eroge art I’ve ever come across that I didn’t like was the guy who does the artwork for most of Black Package Try’s games.

He also did all the Sono hanabira (serie of yuri VN).

I like the arts in Yume Miru Kusuri the best, but I don’t know exactly who did it and if he is the artist of some other VN (I think there was a discussion about that before and that he didn’t do anything else).

Itou Noizi (Unison Shift and more mainstream stuff like Haruhi and Shana), Ooyari Ashito (Littlewitch)… and that’s all I can think of off the top of my head. I’m not very good with names. :frowning:

Favourites, from most favourite to least favourite: (note that I feel this thread is awfully familiar, although I guess this is listing my favourites, not ones I think are “objectively” good)

I probably forgot quite a few.

(note- most links are to the game’s galge.com page, and you should assume they are not safe for work. The first time you visit one, you will be asked to click the left button to confirm you are over 18)

Izumi Tsubasu Mashiroiro Symphony. Most of the other artists that I really like have already been mentioned in this thread.

Don’t know names, but whoever did Sensei 2 needs to have his or her head smashed with a baseball bat. That’s some ugly characters.

The artist for Sensei 2 only ever worked on Sensei 2 - didn’t work on any other eroges.

Didin’t he also work on imouto Kana ?

Yonekura Kengo did the art for Kana: Imouto, Onikubo Hirohisa did the art for Sensei 2.
(neither are particularly good =p)

Favorite would be Haimura Kiyotaka of YMK fame.

Worst would be…who ever did Casual Romance Club.

That in itself is a blessing. Probably couldn’t get any work even if it was desired.

No love for Rinshin or Mitsumi Misato? T_T
Lamuness should smack whoever doesn’t like 323! :stuck_out_tongue:

Oh, yes, I forgot about Tony Taka --probably because, as much as I like his art, I avoid the games for which he does the art because most of them are pretty… “average”. :wink:

Nope, no love for Rinshin at all.

Thought about Mitsumi, but… ehh, the only game she worked on that had art I liked was Tenshi no Inai 12gatsu, and the art for that still had a few too many problems - although I guess she’s pretty evidently more talented than Itaru or Iuro, I mostly included those because I liked the style than because of the overall quality. In short, I think there’s just too many artists at Mitsumi Misato’s level to include her on the list.

I’ve never heard of 323 and plugging ‘323’, ‘???’, ‘???’, ‘???’, ‘???’, ‘???’ etc. into EGS and doing a search returns zilch. I tried a few Google queries and found nothing either. More info please =P

Give France Shoujo a spin, it’s not average at all.

It’s not necessarily GOOD, mind, but it’s so unusual ‘average’ is the last thing you could call it =P

323 = ‘mi’ ‘tsu’ ‘mi’. :wink:

But this one is recent. I was talking more about the many Ciel games for which he drew~

Oh, heh =p

Well, nonetheless it is a valid example =P
As far as Ciel games go, I’ve been playing After… and it’s not too bad so far. Doesn’t exactly seem ‘average’. That said, it doesn’t hold a candle to France Shoujo in terms of the art quality, but the scenario is interesting.

wow you really know a lot about eroge. You even know the name of Black Cyc’s artist, I love their work

Black Cyc has multiple artists. The two prominent ones are:

• Ueda Metawo, who worked on the Yami no Koe games, Mushi-Tsukai, Gore Screaming Show, Extravaganza and Gun-Katana
  • Shiizaki Hinaki, who worked on MinDead Blood, the Mugen Kairou games and the upcoming Cthulhu