Female view of h-games

This I totally disagree with. I’m sure there are some cases like that, but it is possible for it to be a choice. I’m still a virgin, but that’s because I’m waiting for a a certain level of trust/love before I do it. What’s the point in doing it with random people, just to satisfy yourself? Not to mention the risks of doing it with someone you don’t really know.

Oh, and Slaydin, thanks for the tips. Your avatar is just like Scipoten’s…

I think Slaydin is actually Scipoten under a different name. He probably got it changed. :slight_smile:

I agree on the part of sleeping around.
But I am that ‘case’ of not getting any attention ^^’’

And yet, it can get so much, much, much worse. As one of the proofreaders for Tsukihime, I could tell you about one of the h-scenes I proofread, but that would involve posting spoilers. Suffice to say, it’s repulsive.

This doesn’t mean you shouldn’t play Tsukihime. You should. Tsukihime’s awesome. (Getting a copy of the game to apply the patch to would be an interesting feat, sadly.) But we went to all the trouble of creating a non-h version of the game’s script files for a reason.

[Edit: make second paragraph make sense.]

[ 11-22-2006, 03:32 PM: Message edited by: Nandemonai ]

To answer the original question…

I’m probably considered to be in a “weird” position because I’m a woman who finds bishoujo games interesting. What puts me in an even stranger position is that I’m a young married woman - and my husband has no interest in these games. ^^

Why do I like them? I’ll admit to being a big anime fan, but I think it mostly comes from enjoying gaming in general. B-games offer a unique gaming experience - no other games are quite like them. And I don’t think it should be very shocking that sex doesn’t offend women. I’ll admit to finding some situations in these games that would be horrifying and sad in real life, but they are fiction that is catering to male fantasy.

Now if only there existed games that catered to female fantasy. I am not uncomfortable with homosexuality, yet have no interest whatsoever in the yaoi titles recently released. They are not offensive, just completely not my bag. I like men who like me. :wink: I’d love to see a game played from a female perspective where you get to chase all the hunks. Ha, like it would ever happen. ^^

I killed Scipoten and stole his account-- MUAHAHAHAHAHA-- cough cough

No actually people were calling me “Scippy” or even “Skippy” on other boards, despite my explanation on its correct pronunciation, so I changed it. I think “Slaydin” sounds better than “Scipoten” anyway.

[ 11-22-2006, 09:00 PM: Message edited by: Slaydin ]

[ 11-23-2006, 01:06 AM: Message edited by: Unicorn ]

That sounds really harsh. Sorry about that, no insult intended. [/QB][/QUOTE]

No worries, I saw nothing offensive in the post.

I’ll still play the ero version though… to appreciate the original novel in its context.

Off-topic, I know, and should have its own thread, but I don’t really but the whole idea that most visual novels can exist without the ero elements. ALready, maybe the ones that start out as not being eroge, but eroge should remain as eroge. A game like KLS can’t really be made into a non-H version and so on. Then again, I’m just a sick, silly fool who wants KyoANi to do a Kanon OVA where Yuuichi gets the girl of his choice (oh yeah… and that the series has all 6 possible endings… I demand a Nayuki ending)

~

Oh, and as to the whole reserved thing… I think everyone has a choice as to whether he wants do it, or wait. One reason why I liked the first few days of the Yuka path in Crescendo was because Ryo had the choice to constantly decline Yuka’s offer to bed him at the love hotel. Heck, even two out of the 5 main paths (need to see Miyu’s) seem to indicate that Ryo can still get his girl without having to end up with a sex scene of some sort. EVen Private Nurse notes this… Hiroki still recovers, and instead of focusing on getting the girl he wants, spends his time focusing on his studies and getting better.

It’s not our abilities which makes us who we are…, it is our…decisions…

“Life is a series of choices between bad and worse.”

Exactly.

Off-topic, but the most realistic and best stories, even amongst the fantasy and sci-fi genre, are the ones that focus on the character’s behaviours, attitudes, idiosyncracies, and with that, their decisions, over their abilities.

If you want, I can point you toward THE WORST smut story you will ever have the displeasure of reading.

Worst than “Chibi-Usa’s 7th Birthday”? Worse than “Usagi’s Usual Morning”? Worse than… Oscar? :slight_smile:

I’ve seen a lot of very, very, very bad smut.

Wait… Oscar as in who ? Oscar WIlde ?

http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/

No. Oscar Wilde could probably write decent smut. :slight_smile:

‘Oscar’ was some 13yo boy who wrote stories about his sexual relationship with a male talking cat. I don’t think I ever actually read them, I just heard them referenced in shuddering horror.

Ok you’ve outdone me. The talking cat thing worse than what I’m thinking of. This one is actually an on-line interactive vampire story. gags Oh God it was awful. You can find it here if you dare to read it.

If you want good smut, I have found that Literotica has some very good stories.

LOL… The Oscar WIlde thing was a reference to the WIlde on uncyclopedia (and btw, they really make fun of him there). I’m sure the real Wilde would produce some really good smut.

Oh, and I have to agree with Sladyin… it’d be harder to top that one off.

Chibi-Usa’s 7th Birthday is pretty mind-boggling, but at least it’s so bad it’s hilarious. :slight_smile:

(Reading it is probably illegal in some places. I protest that there is NO WAY you can take the actions in that story seriously or think they had any relation to an actual person. They’re not physically possible. Author has clearly never had sex.)

[ 11-24-2006, 08:03 PM: Message edited by: papillon ]

I think that’s clear for a large number of otakun/fangirls/fanboys/perverts/eccentrics/wierdos/ etc. SUch stories seems to be a fantasy that they have experienced yet, and thus, cannot portay it realistically towards another peson. Then again, this may end up sparking off into a debate of philosophy, experience, perception, the noumenon and what-not.

It’s especially fun in sex fanfic, though, because a lot of fanfic is written by kids who really are twelve and just have no clue how things work. I used to run a fanfic review site - I no longer have the time but I now read a mailing list that quotes bits of modern dreadful Harry Potter fanfic, so I still get my giggles. :slight_smile:

Some of the silly things I’ve seen over the years:

someone who thought the penis was supposed to be inserted into the clit
a penis “flopping around like a wet fish”
a couple shouting “Woohoo!” as they climax together (You might need the context to see how cutely naive this was. Trust me, clueless author.)
someone who thought g-spot stimulation involved punching a girl in the stomach
male pregnancy. a lot of it. I do not understand why this concept is so appealing to teenage girls.

[ 11-24-2006, 08:25 PM: Message edited by: papillon ]

The second sounds like something out of BlackAdder. “Funny thing is, Lord, I have a thingy shaped just like a turnip…”

The third one… reminds me of the SIms 2. But even they don’t shout 'Woohoo !"

The fourth one makes about as much sense as curing hiccups by ounching the person in the solar plexus (Azumanga Daioh)

And as for the last one… I blame yaoi fandom. They want a guy, but they don’t want to roleplay another girl to get the guy, or have some other girl end up with the guy. Oh… and I’m sure some of them would think its more sporting that men get pregnant.

[ 11-24-2006, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: Phineas Lucis ]