Figures of Happiness has some very odd sound effects ...

Been meaning to play it for quite some time now, finally threw it in. And I gotta say … what is up with the sound effect that they used in that first h-scene? It sounded like something crackling in a fire … I somehow doubt that was the effect they were going for :wink:

H scene sound effects are something I wouldn’t mind never hearing again. Even if I wanted to read the scene in question I pretty much have to CTRL past it the moment I hear one of those.

Haha, I had forgotten about those. I really do prefer voice + music in sex scenes, no extra audio effects are necessary.

Yeah, it’s like they only had the one sound effect for the h-scenes. It’s in most of the ones I’ve unlocked so far. Of course, CD-BROS was probably starting to run out of money at the time … At least, it was the last game ever released by the AngelSmile brand.

The game itself is pretty good, but would probably have been more impressive had I played it closer to when it originally came out. At least they show clear drawbacks to being the wishy-washy nice guy stereotype … but he’s a bit too lacking in the self-preservation department.

I would like to ask, if anyone knows, about getting a physical copy of this? I see on J-list there is a download edition for $24.95 and another edition that is $19.95, however, that is a download edition as well? Was there ever a physical release, and if so, can you still purchase it from j-list?

It’s out of print and expensive.

sheesh, seeing that price makes me want to dig out my box and sell it on :slight_smile: (for like half that, that is, i’m not a scalper)

Admittedly that price isn’t that far away from the original price of the Japanese release, but considering the thing was released in 2003 you wouldn’t want to pay that nowadays. The only thing from 2003 worth paying 9,240? for is Cross Channel.

Well poo lol. Guess that is my bad…may just buy the download , I really enjoy the art style, for some reason it just pops out at me…and I would like a new Eroge to play lol

The game was the last game ever released by G-Collections as its own thing (and not part of J-List/Jast’s empire). The company went bust shortly after releasing it, so I doubt there were ever many copies actually printed. And it was never a mega-hit. It was kinda screwed by the way it was released.

Peter has discontinued some really old titles in disc form, Figures of Happiness among them. That was a couple years ago. It’s an okay game, but not a super great one. The download edition is probably worth it if you’re interested.