first game to get you started playing forgin games?

for me the very first game to get me to playing forgin games is the old classic game Nocturnal Illusion. though the game is old it’s still a classic and that’s the game that got me started and now i can’t get enough of them now. :slight_smile:

My very first EroGe was downloaded from internet and it was Seasons of Sakura … many, many, MANY years ago. (not that many, but still many)

As may not be all that surprising, the original X-Change got me.

To be honest I can’t really remember because I’ve played so many but I think it was the 3 sister story that was the one that got me hooked and also probably True Love they were classics.

Sakura Taisen on the SEGA Saturn back in 1996. From there on I began importing even more Japan-only titles. I remember being broke all the time. :wink:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dividead

That’s my first erogame, truly a pity that the English translation is (often) so-so…

yea like that from Japan, China. other countrys other than your own.

Not true. We do make games. (hint)

Scratches(work safe link) is a game that was developed in Argentina BY argentinians (though the targeted market was USA and Europe -France, particularly-) and it’s a really good game, specially for a relatively-low-budgeted group of TWO persons (and a 3rd who synthetised the music).

Not the best thing ever, but a good game nontheless (and the genre fans will love it).

And if it come to ANY kind of game, EVER. It has to be Super Mario Bros.

My first general import game was Ultraman Powered for the 3DO console, back in the early 90s. It was a 2-D fighting game based off the Japanese tv series, and a nice monster-bashing fest.

I just bought my first PC-erogame not very long ago, Pretty Soldier Wars A.D. 2048. It took me a long while to get into this genre, because I preferred console games to gaming on PC, but I’d always had a mild curiosity about erogames. What got me started off with Pretty Soldier Wars was a combination of the attractive artwork, the similarities to the Silent Mobius anime/manga, and having it be a tactical shooter-type game. I’m enjoying it much, and while it can certainly use some improvements, I’m hoping they’ll show up in sequels.

The first game I remember importing was Pokemon Silver. ^_^;;

Hmmm… well that would mean European games for an American would be foreign. A lot of PC games in the 80’s and 90’s were from England. Companies like Bullfrog and whatnot. That would mean my first foreign game would be Populous I suppose. :stuck_out_tongue:

[ 08-20-2007, 11:16 AM: Message edited by: Nargrakhan ]

I played Pong on an Intellivision in '79. Does that count then since Atari is US and I lived in France?
Wouldn’t it be funnier to talk about our first nanpa/gal/ero game than first foreign? :confused:

[quote]
Originally posted by OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol:
[b]Wouldn’t it be funnier to talk about our first nanpa/gal/ero game than first foreign? :stuck_out_tongue:

Funnier?
Or perhaps rather tragic?
Because in my case it probably was “Paradise Heighs” or “Ring Out”, at least as far as english localized erogees are concerned.

I went for japanese games a few years later, stirred to it by this board’s “Dokusen”-hype - which also happened to become my first japanese ero-game that I ever tried to play - together with two others that I put together in my very first Himeya-order of japanese games: “Gakuen Ojousama Kitan” and “Sho-Ki”.

As with OrcAttack, my first game was Exchange 2. I think what pulled me in was something in a J-lIST email that recommended it as a good game for beginners. Well, I’m not so sure about that. But another factor was a Japanese movie I saw years ago about a couple of high schoolers (boy and girl) who somehow get their souls transferred into each others’ bodies and hi-jinks ensue. I can’t remember the name of the movie, although I think it was famous long ago. There also was a book in the 1930’s called Turnabout by Thorne Smith (author of the Topper series) about a husband and wife who undergo a similar transformation. It was made into a movie, also. Cute avatar, Nargraken.

The first eroge I played was Three Sisters’ Story. The first one I’ve seen was Cobra Mission, but my older brother would always chase me away when the interesting scenes were on.

I can’t even remember if the first one I played was Seasons of the Sakura or 3 Sister’s Story. It definitely was one of those but I couldn’t say, it’s been too long.

This is just a matter of perception! :wink:

[ 09-26-2007, 07:26 AM: Message edited by: OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol ]

My first game (foreign) was 1990 Sim City the orginal on a Macintosh classic. I got my first taste of erogee was Cobra Mission and Knights of Xentar on my first PC (a Pentium 133 with Win 95). But it was in 1998 when i found out thet you could order erogee games by internet my road downhill started. I bought my first japanese orginals in 2003 when my company sent me to Japan. Then i started to learn kanji so i could really enjoy japanese games, which i ordered from Japan. My first really dark game was MinDead Blood, i found out about it on Narg’s site.

Hahahahahahaha, that makes at least 3 of us, even if one ended turning it into his job, since he’s now a professional translator for Japanese games. :smiley: