First Impressions: Casual Romance Club

quote:
Originally posted by ladyphoenix:
BUY THIS GAME! I want to see more simulations like this in the States [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img] I think it blows True Love out of the water, personally, and I still love True Love....I think this game will get a full section on my website, if i can get permission to use the images from Libido

[This message has been edited by ladyphoenix (edited 04-30-2003).]

Okay, not a problem.

*raids his savings account*

Holy smokes! $82 bucks.

sigh

Still, I guess between this and X-Change 2 I know where the funds from Giniro are going.

quote:
Originally posted by ashampine:
Holy smokes! $82 bucks.

*sigh*

Still, I guess between this and X-Change 2 I know where the funds from Giniro are going. ;)

You're welcome. It souns like we're both going to enjoy the game :)

[This message has been edited by Nandemonai (edited 04-30-2003).]

Well there goes 87USD. (5 bucks for P&H) Thanks for the review.

yep, its as phoenix says, a few errors… (kinda like the few that were in the first jast games) every now and then stuff like “I’ll see you another date” (I’ll see you another time)… but thats no big deal… that one i can understand, however the voices to remind me of an early chinese english dub i heard(not as bad) but i cant help but laugh at how a few words are said,
ill turn the japanese voices back on now… heh

quote:
Originally posted by bokmeow:
*Snap* got no DVD drive.

Welcome to the club. Now we can be gloomy together. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/frown.gif[/img]

quote:
BUY THIS GAME! I want to see more simulations like this in the States [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Too bad. Mine is going to run here, in merry old germany... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

But I get your point and I am growing even more impatient about the arrival of my copy. Dammit, but that's the price for ordering just after the game has become available.

I just finished Caitlin’s ending, and surprise! i didn’t try very hard to get her…in fact, i started the game with entirely a different girl in mind, but the first one just didn’t seem to be succumbing to my charms so i kind of switched over mid-game…i guess they decided to have different levels of strategy for getting each girl, which i kind of like, because it makes sense that some girls would be easier to woo than others

quote:
BUY THIS GAME! I want to see more simulations like this in the States [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img] I think it blows True Love out of the water, personally, and I still love True Love....I think this game will get a full section on my website, if i can get permission to use the images from Libido

As you command Divine One. Though it'll have to wait till next week when I get paid. A solid chunck of last month's spare funds went to get someone's birthday gift. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img] (Which reminds me, did you get that package yet?)

Wonder if I could just raid Nandemonai-san's savings account as well... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

Dammit… I wish to get Casual Romance Club DVD. ($82!!! ouch)… I dunno… *check each credit cards… almost over limited… more *

So we have a game with tons of replay value, relatively open-ended, and with a lot of girls to choose from. Sounds like a must-by to me.
Also anyone without a dvd drive should consider an upgrade, they are well worth it.

Finally got the game, I would have to say I have enjoyed it so far. I have a question for anyone who has played. Is there a speed up text option? I can’t seem to find one, also is there a way to view previously acquired cgs? The CRC photobook only shows cgs you have acquire in THAT specific game, not ones you might have acquired in another play-through.

I already ordered it, but it just occurred to me. Is this game demosaiced?

expect it 10 days from order… no quicker…

quote:
Originally posted by ashampine:
I already ordered it, but it just occurred to me. Is this game demosaiced?

This is a Japanese company doing a release intended for the Japanese market. As Japanese law requires censorship, I would assume the game is mosaiced.

Not that I, personally, know this for a fact, having not yet received my copy.

so is this a new company starting releases in US? Since the only place I found that sells it is Himeya was hoping to find somewhere that ship quicker for this one.

• dead-serious mode engaged

I just got a request via email to make a pirated copy of “Casual Romance Club” from someone who told that he hasn’t a DVD drive and wanted to get an DVD-image to play it instead.

I want to point out here that I am not going to make any pirated copies of any bishoujo-game for anyone, regardless if they are regulars here on the board or lurkers. So requiring them via email is completely pointless.

Thanks for your attention.
    switches back to my usual not-that-serious self *

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
* dead-serious mode engaged *

I just got a request via email to make a pirated copy of "Casual Romance Club" from someone who told that he hasn't a DVD drive and wanted to get an DVD-image to play it instead.

I want to point out here that I am not going to make any pirated copies of any bishoujo-game for anyone, regardless if they are regulars here on the board or lurkers. So requiring them via email is completely pointless.

Thanks for your attention.
* switches back to my usual not-that-serious self *

*Raisings eyebrow* who's this scum? I thought Peach Princess was quite explicit in their rules that requests or discussion of any form of piracy was strictly prohibited.

quote:
Originally posted by bokmeow:
*Raisings eyebrow* who's this scum? I thought Peach Princess was quite explicit in their rules that requests or discussion of any form of piracy was strictly prohibited.

I want to ignore this one time, because I am not sure if he was aware what he required from me. At least his excuse "I don't have a DVD-drive" may be true, so playing it from an image might be his only alternative right now. He might have ignored that by making this image and giving it to him, I would pirate the game.

However, if this is going to happen more frequently, I think about collecting email-addresses of such persons and publishing them here on the board in order to give everyone a chance to put them all on their junkmail-list.

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
However, if this is going to happen more frequently, I think about collecting email-addresses of such persons and publishing them here on the board in order to give everyone a chance to put them all on their junkmail-list.

*shrug* You probably should talk to Lamuness-san about such a post first, though I think it's generally a good idea to have such a list for us somewhere. One of the hazards of making our emails available, although it allows people who are shy about posting here (don't know why that would be...) to contact one of us privately for help, it also allows less savory people to contact us as well. I do try to give people the benefit of a doubt, but sometimes I wonder if some of these people have gone to one of you guys first before asking me a question since sometimes the requests have some odd wording in them. (Did that make sense, I got about 2 hours of sleep last night and I'm a bit more confused than normal.)