First Impressions: Casual Romance Club

You know that’s a prety lame excuse to use “I don’t have a dvd-rom” It costs less money getting a dvd-rom than actually buying a game. Dvd-roms run about $25-30 now much less than a brand new game. If you can’t afford $25 how can you afford the money for a new game?

You could tell him to buy the game, send you the DVD, and you’ll get him the image. Somehow I don’t think he’ll go for that arrangement, though.

im with wanfu… if he had any intentions to buy the game he could go onto ebay and pick up a dvd drive for 30$ or get one used or something… maybe even check pricewatch for a great deal… but the “i dont have a dvd drive” tells me he has no intention to buy the game and support the industry

just to play devil’s advocate here, perhaps he COULD afford to buy a DVd drive but doesn’t know how to put it into his computer, and doesn’t know anyone with the expertise to do so, either…i know if I didn’t have a DVD drive, i wouldn’t know how ot put one in

i am not condoning what he asked for, i am just saying that perhaps his reasons were true, and maybe he didn’t realize what he was asking for…i think perhaps asking him to purchase the game and send you the DVD for an image might not be a bad idea

and to clear up any confusion, this game is NOT a US release…it was released as a dual-language DVD in Japan only…

this means that YES, it is mosaiced as that is japanese law…i can also say however, that the mosaics are very tastefully done and can almost be ignored because they are fairly small and are very artfully done

just an update, i have successfully gotten three fo the twelve girls now…Charlotte, Caitlin and Jeannie

there is definately a difficulty difference in getting the different girls…getting Caitlin was easy and so was Jeannie…Charlotte took three tries, however, and I have STILL not managed to win Bridget’s heart (argh, i want her so bad too!!!)…i have tried every possible thing i can think of and about six or so playthroughs of attempts to win Bridget, and come up flat every time…sigh

Ladypheonix, is there a way to previously view graphics without saving right before the end and then loading up that save to see them? Also have you fully completed anyone’s graphics?

On a side note I like how talking to others can help you with the girl you are pursuing and how there are little backgrond stories that go on between them . Also if you didn’t know the order # you talk to a girl can affect what her response is to asking her out, etc. Just found that out yesterday.

getting Caitlin isnt so hard… whats hard is getting the 2 other scenes with her… since it takes specific events to get them

And bigdog, from what i see no… its more of less meant to be a dvd game… the only way i noticed was to save on the last day with each girl (note ive only been through 2 endings so far so im no expert…)

[This message has been edited by Gambit (edited 05-05-2003).]

i haven’t seen any way to keep the graphics around after you play through, which i think is kind of silly, but is only a small thing…

if anyone has any tips on how to get bridget, please speak up! i am getting so frustrated

Lain-sama! ladyphoenix-sama, you sound like this game is really good!!! Perhaps I should buy it and try it? Who knows? I may like it.

OLF, i.e. Olf Le Fol, who had the artbook (given by a friend who doesn’t know anything about bishoujo games) for ages and always wanted to sell it

its pretty good, some girls are rather easy to get… but others take alot of thought
and like phoenix said Charlotte is tough compared to Amy…

Sorry phoenix, i still only got 3 endings…
im working on em though… heh

One tip to getting Bridget is you need to talk to her friends.

I finally got my copy of CRC and have just started playing. Look terrific and very addicting! Couple of quick notes for those who have it or are thinking of getting it. In the English version at least, only the first few words or first sentence of each conversation are voiced. Check out the HTML help pages. Lots of interesting stuff. In the glossary you discover such tidbits as

quote:
The famous American TV drama 90210 is also very popular in Japan, where the Casual Romance Club was developed. Many people found similarities in ideas, concerns and trends with characters in the drama. This reflects some commonalities in how varying nations think about romance.
and
quote:
To illustrate the differences in subculture, this glossary outlines unique Japanese words and phrases. Most notable are the abbreviated words. For example, Japanese call George Bush “joe-boo” and Saddam Hussein “sada-hu-se”.
Fascinating stuff…

quote:
Originally posted by Deluxe282:
Is there any type of censoring present in the game at all?

Yes, being out of a japanese companty the game is 100% cencored like anything made in japan is.
As for age everyone referrs to Amanda as a kid... im sure this is once again a translating thing... (then again i referr to anyone under 18 as a kid as well).

But in the book they give ya with the game (which has bio's on all the chars) they leave out the year of birth, but still have the month and date...

(by 100% cencored in case you dont already know it means all genitalia is mosiaced)

[This message has been edited by Gambit (edited 05-06-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by perigee:
[QUOTE]The famous American TV drama 90210 is also very popular in Japan, where the Casual Romance Club was developed.

Famous American TV drama 90210?! I really do hope they are joking. The only thing dramatic about that show was waiting for it to be cancelled.

Even from a woman's point of view the show was horrible. Ok, ok, I can't speak for every woman. So we will just say from my view.

quote:
For example, Japanese call George Bush "joe-boo"

"Joe-boo" *Giggles hysterically.* No comment.

[This message has been edited by Allarian (edited 05-06-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Allarian (edited 05-06-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by Allarian:
Even from a woman's point of view the show was horrible. Ok, ok, I can't speak for every woman. So we will just say from my view.

Wow! I had no idea...

quote:
"Joe-boo" *Giggles hysterically.* No comment.

So if they want to express that George Bush is great, they call him "dai joe boo", right?
I think, I've heard that word quite frequently... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

BTW: -2

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 05-07-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
So if they want to express that George Bush is great, they call him "dai joe boo", right?
I think, I've heard that word quite frequently... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

BTW: -2

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 05-07-2003).]

Boooooo...

i never watched 90210 religiously, but i did see a few episodes way back when, and personally i cannot see any similarities between that show and this game…so if you hate 90210, please don’t let that statement make you not buy this game

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
Boooooo...

Come on, you can do that better. Don't just repeat the last syllable!

It's: "Daaaiiiii Jooeeeee Boooooo"

Oh my gosh, we’ve started punning in Japanese! That’s so disturbing…

quote:
Famous American TV drama 90210?! I really do hope they are joking. The only thing dramatic about that show was waiting for it to be cancelled.
Even from a woman’s point of view the show was horrible. Ok, ok, I can’t speak for every woman. So we will just say from my view

Actually a disturbing thing for me was coming home from college for summer break and finding out that my parents watched 90210 regularly. They watched it more than my sister did…

Oh, and thanks for confirming you gender for me. It doesn’t matter, but I need some amusement in my life and trying to figure out everyone’s gender here is one of them.

Darn, knew I was forgetting something on my day off! I forgot to order this game. Excuse me for a bit…

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
Oh my gosh, we've started punning in Japanese! That's so disturbing...

Actually a disturbing thing for me was coming home from college for summer break and finding out that my parents watched 90210 regularly. They watched it more than my sister did... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

Oh, and thanks for confirming you gender for me. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img] It doesn't matter, but I need some amusement in my life and trying to figure out everyone's gender here is one of them.

Darn, knew I was forgetting something on my day off! I forgot to order this game. Excuse me for a bit...

Your parents probably wanted to know the hippest things among teenagers, so they were studying 90210 to be hip like the parents on the show.