First Impressions: Casual Romance Club

ducka ducka ducka ducka…
ducka ducka ducka ducka…
hey Macerana! Hey Macerana

(see they could have watched austin powers and got the same effect)

Of the few people who actually have this game how would you rate it in these fields?

Story
Graphics
Music
Voice
Originality

I am seriously considering buying this game, but the $82 price tag is a little … how shall we say, expensive for a game to me.

[This message has been edited by Allarian (edited 05-07-2003).]

I am writing a review that I will soon send to Bookmeow to review (since he offered ;P), but for a quick rating I would say:

Story - 7 (There are minor stories for each character in the game and a underlying story dealing with the club itself. None of the stories go extremely in depth but they each provide the characters with personality.)

Graphics - 7 (In my opinion the graphic quality could have been improved a bit. The females when nude look a little bland to me, the non sex scene cgs look good and would probably get a 8.)

Gameplay - 10 (I extremely enjoy the sim like elements where you choose which girls to talk to and in what order, I like how the conversations are unique and how challenging it is to acquire every scene with a girl. This is by far the area that makes the game.)

Music/Voice - 9 (The music quality is high in my opinion, I like the voicing (have been playing with Japanese voices) and I really like the opening and ending songs.)

Originality - 10 (While this may not be original in Japan it is very original in the US. I have not played a game like this, probably the closest thing would be True Love. But I think it hard to compare those two games since they are too different.)

Overall - 9 (Its been a fun experience so far, I have won 4 of the characters hearts, but have only acquired all the graphics for one of those 4, which equals replay )

Hope that helps, will try and get the review to bookmeow soon so people can have something to go by before spending $82.

[This message has been edited by Bigdog (edited 05-07-2003).]

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Allarian:
[B]
Story
Graphics
Music
Voice
Originality

Story: 9
(each girl has their own unique path, story, persionality)
Graphics: 7
(sorry compared to recent games i couldnt bring my self to give it more, and no the mosiacs dont bother me so that had no effect on the rating)
Music: 6
(The tracks could have been a little more spread out instead during certaint times the same track will come up)
Voice: 9
(ok this needs some major explaining, the fact that they tried to dub an english track in there and i had to give em major points for, they didnt need to but they tried too… and thats worth alot imho (that and the girls sound like my last few girlfriends)
Originality: 10
(why a perfect 10? simple, because i dont speak japanese or read it at all… so to have a game thats more or less a dating sim like this i had to give it a 10… Since no games on the american market (or in english) are anything like this…)

I would like to let everyone know that im NO professional reviewer… im not even an amateur reviewer… this is more like an opinion than a review.

[This message has been edited by Gambit (edited 05-07-2003).]

Story - The setting is pretty simple. All the characters meet after school at a restaurant for 1x1 chats, sometimes followed by quick dates. You use your weekend dates to pursue the girl of your choice. That continues for a month after which, if you are successful, you arrange for a post-CRC date with your one and only. There are quite a few behind the scenes stories going on, only a few of which I’m beginning to find, that are important in determining the outcome. You have to read your partner’s profile, diary and horoscope to know which choices to make. The guidebook has a love compatibility chart that offers hints for making the right decisions.

Graphics - The girls are very cute and expressive. Drawing style is comparable to Come See Me Tonight with perhaps better backgrounds and very nice closeups. The characters are mostly 2D paste-ons.

Music - Good upbeat rhythm, but perhaps a little repetitive. Nothing special except for the title theme which has good vocals.

Voice - I kind of like the English voices with Japanese accents. They are obviously read from phonetic scripts, but I think they do have the proper inflection if you listen carefully. Except for the H-scenes where every syllable is voiced, only the first few words of each conversation are read in the English version.

Originality - Hard for me to say, but it is probably similar to a lot of other Japanese dating sims. There’s not much to compare it with among the localized titles.

I like this one well enough that I might even try my hand at writing a full review. It’s going to take a lot of replays before I know my way around, though.

WOW

i got my copy and ive been playing a couple hours now

that was really impressive
i just had a conversation with Jeannie about how it was friday the 13th(gametime)
thing is tho… when i first started playing, the gametime matched the current date in real life -it must have looked at my system clock
(looking ahead on my realife calendar, there is indeed a friday the 13th next month)
so… if i had started playing this game at some other time of the year… that conversation would never have happened!

thats really amazing and scary at the same time

or is it just a coincedence that i happend to start playing at the same time as the game starts?
-ah, yep, i just got lucky and happened to start playing on the same day as the game starts apparently

[This message has been edited by exoarchaeologist (edited 05-18-2003).]

$80 and dvd-only? CRY!! I don’t have a dvd-drive, and I definitely can’t afford to get one and the game (I can’t afford the game, really…)

WAH! I wanna play!

… um, if anyone wants to sell me their copy cheap when they’re done with it?

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
So if they want to express that George Bush is great, they call him "dai joe boo", right?
I think, I've heard that word quite frequently... :p

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 05-07-2003).]

Don't make me come over there >:) . Puns are bad enough, we don't need Japanese language puns.

quote:
Originally posted by Allarian:
Of the few people who actually have this game how would you rate it in these fields?

Story
Graphics
Music
Voice
Originality

I am seriously considering buying this game, but the $82 price tag is a little ... how shall we say, expensive for a game to me.

[This message has been edited by Allarian (edited 05-07-2003).]

I have the game, but seeing as how I haven't played it you probably don't want my ratings (pi, across the board, if you must know). I should play the stupid thing sometime, but I know I won't get around to it for awhile...

The speech bubbles are days when a girls’ personal event occurs (a small segment from her perspective, usually thinking about her relationship with the main character).

The hearts are h-scenes. No more needs to be said

And the arrows are critical decisions, talk about the “wrong” things with a girl during conversation on these days and you could screw up.

There is a large CRC hints and tips thread about somewhere, which will give further help should you need it.

it’s was 64 bucks on Peach Princess’ website last week.

So far i’ve scored with 9 out of 12 of the female members.

Only full pic unloc was Clare.

Too bad you can’t save the pics.

Oh and I must say Paige, Kate, and Sidney are the hardest ones to complete.

I had all of Sidney’s normal pics unlocked then she just basically told me to ask out her sister.

Even Sophie was easy compared to those 3.

Anyone want to write a review for the game (or any other) for jmate.com, now that it’s back? Please let us know if you can write up a review for us to post.

I don’t see why we should write reviews for J-Mate if the site isn’t fair… By that I mean that it won’t post negative reviews.

quote:
Originally posted by SailorDh:
it's was 64 bucks on Peach Princess' website last week.

So far i've scored with 9 out of 12 of the female members.

Only full pic unloc was Clare.

Too bad you can't save the pics.

You can use a hex editor to make them avaialble. I think i even have one on my computer i did...but i usually don't play with that save file.

quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:
I don't see why we should write reviews for J-Mate if the site isn't fair... By that I mean that it won't post negative reviews.

*blink* I thought The Maid's Story review was negative. And Desire and a few of the others there. It's not like all the reviews are putting positive spins on the games either.

Still, Virgin Roster’s review that was posted here isn’t there yet… Unless the author didn’t tell us.

quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:
Still, Virgin Roster's review that was posted here isn't there yet... Unless the author didn't tell us.

Just because he posted it on the BBS, doesn't mean he submitted it to J-Mate. It's not an automatic thing.

Posting on this bbs does not mean submitting the review to j-mate If it was some of Uni’s reviews would be there along with ekylo’s if he ever did any

I don’t think I ever posted a review on this BBS. I don’t like doing long posts over here and an average review would be a long BBS post. The only place I’ve submitted reviews that I can remember were to Hentai Neko-san’s site, Ladyphoenix-san’s site, and I think I even submitted one to Right Stuf, but that was awhile back. I’d probably write more but people keep distracting me with shiny objects…