Flowers - Printemps Discussion Thread

Flowers release is just around the corner! I just got my JAST USA download code, but it does not work yet : ‘We are sorry but currently there are no Downloads available to unlock with the received Serialnumber. Please contact us for further details.’. Probably page will be updated later today, or codes will start working after official steam release (also I want to see how translation was improved).

@dziwny The codes were sent out much earlier than expected (before the game was up on the site) it’ll unlock now. but there is also a bug in that installer so please wait a little longer so we can fix the installer (we’ll post an announcement on twitter and facebook when it’s fixed.)

The demo on steam has been updated (with the new font and script) if you ‘need’ something to tide you over XD

Is there any difference between the versions? Flowers doesn’t look like it has any content that Steam wouldn’t allow… But it’s always best to ask. X_X

@MoNVert JAST has promised to inform forum users if they make any content alterations (censorship) to a primary release. They have made no such announcement, therefore there have been no changes.

Content wise there are no differences.

@Tim - previous version had some problems after installing game in custom location I was seeing only a black screen, but after downloading and reinstalling game works fine.

As I said game runs fine, but “ifd” in last sentence on attached screen shot looks to me like some kind of a typo error.

Please correct me if I am wrong about “ifd” (I am not a native speaker, but I think it should be “I’d” ), but typo error visible in first 15 minutes of reading does not bone well… yet I hope for the best.

It was actually a japanese apostrophe that turns into F in roman symbols for some reason… There were a few other things reported so we’re working on a script fix, just trying to make sure we get everything :confused:

@Tim I just finished reading the VN and I’ve two questions, which I know you can hardly answer, as it is too soon for such questions, but I’ll give it a try.

1. Are there any plans for translating the remaining VNs from the series?
  2. Is there a chance that we’ll get to see a report(s) on how well the translated version fared in numbers, and what are JAST USA’s thoughts on the numbers of sold copies, potential translation of the remaining VNs etc. in future?

I won’t lie. There were instances where I noticed errors in the translation or the script, but I think I could count those on one hand. To be honest, I didn’t really mind them, as I was enjoying the story and characters too much. :slight_smile:
Either way, I hope JAST USA plans to translate the entire series eventually, as it would pain me to see such gem left untranslated forever. But it mostly all depends on the numbers of sold copies, I know.

@Etheri
We have a bunch of things to wrap up/ get set up first before thinking about Summer, and IG seems positive with how Spring turned out~

Number wise it’s a bit early, and i don’t think we usually release numbers for sales.

If you found some errors please pm me, I’ll see if they’re already patch/need to be patched. I know there were a few dumb ones we still need to round up :confused:

Thanks for the fast reply, @Tim.

Obviously, I didn’t expect you guys to immediately jump onto the sequel when you just recently finished Spring, and while you’re still in the middle of fixing the last minute errors.

I think it’s a pity that we won’t be getting any statistic about how well the VN fared in numbers, I think it’d be make for an interesting post.

As for the errors I noticed, I think most of them were already pointed out by other members of the forum.

Looking forward to see positive news about the sequels soon. ^^

@Etheri You can get a basic idea of sales rankings here.

I know that I was Asking in another Topic. Sory for making dual post. But I’m Sure that when I know this I will be much calmer ^^. When you realese sequel will it be available on Steam? I hope that it will be, because I realy love this game and just… you know… can’t wait for it. ^^