G-Collections Choices

I’m curious as to what everybody thinks so far as to the choices G-collections made on which games to translate.

The reason I’m asking this question is that they’ve decided to translate two sequel games (Tottemo Pheromone, Sensei 2) without translating the first games in the series. (Majokko Silk, Sensei 1)

quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
I'm curious as to what everybody thinks so far as to the choices G-collections made on which games to translate.

The reason I'm asking this question is that they've decided to translate two sequel games (Tottemo Pheromone, Sensei 2) without translating the first games in the series. (Majokko Silk, Sensei 1)

I agree that it's kind of strange that they release games that actually is seqels to other games, but... it may be so that they don't want to release games that the english customers might think of as "too old"?

But also, they may have lost some of the original data to some of the games, or even CG's, making it difficult to release them...

[This message has been edited by Spectator Beholder (edited 12-20-2002).]

That would be my guess. At least they gave a small blurb on Majokko Silk so that you understand a little of the backstory. (Though it would be nice to have the game itself.)

quote:
Originally posted by Spectator Beholder:
I agree that it's kind of strange that they release games that actually is seqels to other games, but... it may be so that they don't want to release games that the english customers might think of as "too old"?

[This message has been edited by Spectator Beholder (edited 12-20-2002).]

From the Company that released Dor?

I’d also have to agree about not having the original graphics. That or it may be too difficult or financially feasible to convert the engine to work in modern Windows.

quote:

Well, don't forgot that DOR got a lot of negative feedback everywhere...

quote:

Maybe that's why they didn't want to release anything else that was really old? [Edit: Because they already got burned once, I mean?]

[This message has been edited by Nandemonai (edited 12-20-2002).]

In addition, you also have to consider the games themselves. If the stories are self-sufficient enough to stand independently (as Tottemu Pheromone is), then there really isn’t a need for the prequels to be released.