G-Collections Concerns

Okay, its been a while since I’ve visited the G-Collections website to see if anything on Kango Shicyauzo 3 and such but it seems that their site hasn’t been updated in gawd knows how long now.

I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on the subject as to what the condition of G-Collections is at this moment and to if they will be doing anymore releases anytime soon. This really does concern me a lot cause I’m so eagerly awaiting this game since I have the first 2.

If I remember correctly, G-Collections went bankrupt and was bought by J-list. So J-list will be handling G-C from now on.

Am I right? Or completely off the mark?

You’re right. It’s pretty much what happened. Peter Payne has been looking for games to translate and publish under the G-Collections company. Recently he’s shown us a list of games that he’s considering for translation, though no mention was made which of his companies would handle it.

How is it decided which label the published games will go under?

Is it determined by the developers?

I assume that Doushin, Yin-Yang, and X-Change 3 go under Peach Princess because they are titles from Crowd right?

As for Perfect Obedience that’s from Langmaor (distributed by JAST USA).

So which developers does G-Collections handle? Maybe if we’re lucky we’ll get Kana~Okaeri.

G-Collections translated games from D.O., ZyX, AngelSmile, Sekilala and Trabulance. They probably also translated games from other companies whose names I don’t remember, too. (Hitomi My Stepsister was by Mercure, if I remember correctly.)

The original Japanese publisher of the G-Collections games is usually listed at the bottom of the game description on the G-C website.

quote:
How is it decided which label the published games will go under?

We don't know. G-Collections and Peach Princess haven't published any games since G-Collections went bank-rupt.
quote:
I assume that Doushin, Yin-Yang, and X-Change 3 go under Peach Princess because they are titles from Crowd right?

That we know for sure.
quote:
As for Perfect Obedience that's from Langmaor (distributed by JAST USA).

It could just as well have been translated by Peach Princess. We don't know.
quote:
So which developers does G-Collections handle? Maybe if we're lucky we'll get Kana~Okaeri.

You mean, used to handle. They were basically CD-Bros. USA. CD-Bros is a company that consists of multiple bishoujo game companies grouped together to have a better chance to survive financially. By the way, if with Kana~Okaeri you mean the XBox remake, that was cancelled many months ago.
quote:
G-Collections translated games from D.O., ZyX, AngelSmile, Sekilala and Trabulance. They probably also translated games from other companies whose names I don't remember, too. (Hitomi My Stepsister was by Mercure, if I remember correctly.)

You forgot Ignition.

Aah, Benoit…

you forgot that, apart of Zyx and D.O. ( companies who quit before bankrupt ), all of these companies were related to CD Bros.

[This message has been edited by Italicus (edited 03-23-2006).]

Just for clarification, Kana ~Okaeri!!~ was released (though it was cancelled for the Xbox due to poor support in Japan) for the PC in Japan under the label “Takayashiki Development.” Unlike the cancelled Xbox version, however, this version retains the erotic content. Takayashiki are under the CD Bros. umbrella as well. The Kana ~Okaeri!!~ site is here.
http://www.cd-bros.co.jp/takayashiki/soft/kana/index.htm (The CG section is not worksafe!)

Being an avid fan of Kana, I made a custom order for the Collection Box from Himeya Shop. They now have it listed here: http://www.himeyashop.com/product_info.php/products_id/990 (This link is not worksafe!)

It’s a nice addition for Kana fans. The collection box comes with a little CD-designed clock with Kana artwork on it, a small 2005 calendar, four cards with character art, a music CD with five vocals (all three originals and two new ones), and finally a cheap mousepad with the Kana ~Okaeri!!~'s front artwork on it. The voice acting is quite well done and adds some extra life to the scenes, though I thought Kana’s VA fell short in a few of the more dramatic scenes. The art seems to be a matter of preference. It’s certainly well done, but I prefer the design for the old Kana to the one in Okaeri.

I turned a small bit of clarification into an essay. Anyway, yeah. oO Kana ~Okaeri!!~ was released for the PC in Japan, it’s just a common misconception that the project was scrapped altogether.

[This message has been edited by Elias (edited 03-23-2006).]

[This message has been edited by Elias (edited 03-23-2006).]

Jeez, I didn’t even see this coming or even thought about them ever going bankrupted for a while.

Oh well…guess I’ll just hope J-list does end up picking up Kango Shicyauzo 3 soon. Thanks for shedding some light on this mystery for me everyone, I really appreciate it.

It’s all in the hands of their debts’ owners now… I’ll cross my fingers for you, even if i personally dislike the entire Kango series.

!Mucha mierda, hombre!

quote:
you forgot that, apart of Zyx and D.O. ( companies who quit before bankrupt ), all of these companies were related to CD Bros.

I did say that. Read it again.

We are still interested in translating the Zyx/Do etc. titles and anything is possible. One big problem is, the games are hard to port when the parent company in Japan has problems (no employees at work, no programmers to do the porting or provide support).

I would try to concentrate on bringing over RPGs, like the ones ZyX made. Why?

→ story
→ gameplay
→ sells well
→ might get people acquinted to the genre

The downside is that it’s harder to port, but the advantages are many. I base this on the fact that Brave Soul sold quite well.

quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:
-> might get people acquinted to the genre

quote:
My grammar and spelling is 99% perfect. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

That was the missing percent, right? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

quote:
I base this on the fact that Brave Soul sold quite well. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

You forget in that deduction, the effect of saturation on the market: the more bishoujo-RPGs are released, the lower the demand for every single of them will be.

So, while releasing one or two more of them might be a good idea, specializing in them may not be a wise decision.

However all these speculations on my and your account of course ignore the fact that other bishoujo-RPGs first have to become available for localization before such a strategy could ever be taken into closer consideration, anyway.
That means: the japanese companies who hold the rights to these games first have to be convinced - and from what Lamuness and Peter told here, that doesn't seem to be an easy task!

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 04-13-2006).]

quote:
That was the missing percent, right?

Yup! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]
Where is the mistake? I think it's in the word "acquinted".
quote:
You forget in that deduction, the effect of saturation on the market: the more bishoujo-RPGs are released, the lower the demand for every single of them will be.

Ah, economics... I saw that theory this year. Like, the more cups of coffee the person has, the less useful another one is to the person.

It applies to bishoujo RPGs, sure, but for the usefulness to degrade I think there would have to be at least 4/5 released and on sale. And I know I still would like another RPG even though I have access to two, unlike most people. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by Benoit (edited 04-13-2006).]

quote:
Yup! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]
Where is the mistake? I think it's in the word "acquinted".

It's "acquainted." I didn't even spot it til Unicorn pointed it out.

I would also like to see more RPG's on the market--hopefully with more to them than Kaminari no Senshi Laidi, but I'm really not that picky.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 04-13-2006).]

quote:
I would try to concentrate on bringing over RPGs, like the ones ZyX made. Why?

-> story
-> gameplay
-> sells well
-> might get people acquinted to the genre

The downside is that it's harder to port, but the advantages are many. I base this on the fact that Brave Soul sold quite well. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

I concur. I've played the games in original japanese and they're really good. The artwork is nice as well.

One question. Is Trabulance dead as well? I have not seen any new updates from them in the longest time.

[This message has been edited by tiger_of_the_wind2040 (edited 04-17-2006).]

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:

So, while releasing one or two more of them might be a good idea, specializing in them may not be a wise decision.

*Screams in a hideous whisper*

I command this thread to arise ... Arise! ARISE!

It's also entirely possible that sales would continue to rise if PeaPri specialized in RPGs. Sure, saturation would start to be an issue, but it's also possible that more RPGs would stimulate the market and cause it to grow larger overall; causing people to not buy every game, but overall increasing the number of people buying. Which is unlikely, probably even more unlikely than this happening in the first place; but would be the ideal.