G-Collections' Post Regarding One of the Virtual-Mate i

I probably upgrade about once every two years, maybe three (I like to play the newest 3D games). But that’s the best-case scenario. When things break, you have to replace them. My DVD-RW drive just broke a month ago (still under warranty, thankfully), and I go through CD-ROM’s all the time. I could conceivably “use up a computer” just by random breakdowns like that. Then all I need to do is install the game on another computer, upgrade, and no more V-mate games for me.

The point is, I don’t like having to worry that circumstance will conspire to make my games unplayable. Hell, I don’t want to have to worry about any of this crap. It’s enough of a hassle going about daily life without having to worry about spastic Internet connections and game expirations and companies going out of business. It’s all so needlessly complicated. I don’t need that stuff during my relaxation time. I just want to sit down, pop in a CD, kick back and relax…

here’s my post at G-C bbs regarding the giving Adam my VM account info:

G-C, I appreciate your willingness to clarify on our concerns regarding VM system. Based on your explanation that one username/password account will be used for VM and each copy of LMM may be installed on 3 computers, I don’t see how I could give out my VM account info to another person. If let’s say I buy LMM and the next 3 G-C releases that are all activated using the same VM account, and I sell/give LMM to another person, that second user would NOT be able to link the successive G-C games to this account. What if I only have LMM linked to my VM account? If the second user links other games to my VM account, then I wouldn’t be able to. In effect, the VM account could potentially DISCOURAGE future sales of VM linked G-C products.

The easiest way to get around this problem is allowing the user the choice of either linking successive VM linked G-C titles after LMM to a new VM account, or the same one used for LMM. Of course, it’s like having multiple email accounts-----more usernames and passwords to remember. And speaking of names and passwords, is there a mechanism to allow users to retrieve VM account password if we forget it? I looked at the VM website, and there’s nothing there to assist us in retrieving forgotten passwords.

In other words, customers who purchase a Virtual-Mate game will only be required to sign on to the game via internet for the first few months of the game ownership.
------------------------------------------

So if someone buys the game after the patch comes out do they still have to connect for the first few months before they can use this patch?

quote:
Originally posted by MadMooch:
In other words, customers who purchase a Virtual-Mate game will only be required to sign on to the game via internet for the first few months of the game ownership.
Where did you come up with first few months? VM games supposedly require a net connection every time they're run. That requirement will only be lifted if and when GC releases the game patch. When will the game patch be released? According to their website, one year after the end of sales for that title. When will sales end? No time limit has been announced, but judging by other GC titles, it could be many years in the future. By then your PC may be incompatible with the game anyway.
quote:
So if someone buys the game after the patch comes out do they still have to connect for the first few months before they can use this patch?
A patch will only be released a year after GC stops selling the game. Unless you plan on putting it in storage for several years, don't figure on having the patch the first time you play the game.

From the GC announcement

quote:
Instead of having the patch file released one year after the official release day of a title, our executive staffs are planning to release the patch file one year after the end of the sale of a particular title.

I Hate to say it someone will do a patch before G-C does or should I say hack it.

Gomennasai dudes. I’m can’t wait for a year to the path to be released. I’ll going to buy the game only - and not before - when ANY KIND crack will be available ( don’t care if legit or no ).

They say they will release a patch one year after the end of sale?.When they say one year after the release date they’re making progress,but now THIS is downright ridicilous

One year after the end of sale,are they joking or what,when will it be?After all the game are sold out?Hah,then we might as well wait for another ten years,after all they still sell DOR now.The only game that has been sold out was Kango Shichauzo,no other

Though I still see VMATE as bad move to prevent piracy and I don’t care about any change I can’t help reacting on this issue.If they see this as a major change I see it as useless move

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:
Most of time I am done with the game after about a week.

Right, but then there's people like me who go back months or years later and boot up games to replay in whole or in part.

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Shiki:
The point is, I don't like having to worry that circumstance will conspire to make my games unplayable. Hell, I don't want to have to worry about any of this crap. It's enough of a hassle going about daily life without having to worry about spastic Internet connections and game expirations and companies going out of business. It's all so needlessly complicated. I don't need that stuff during my relaxation time. I just want to sit down, pop in a CD, kick back and relax...

Amen brother! Couldn't have said it better myself! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/cool.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by RedHell:
They say they will release a patch one year after the end of sale?.When they say one year after the release date they're making progress,but now THIS is downright ridicilous

One year after the end of sale,are they joking or what,when will it be?After all the game are sold out?Hah,then we might as well wait for another ten years,after all they still sell DOR now.The only game that has been sold out was Kango Shichauzo,no other

Those were my thoughts exactly. The only reason Kango 1 is gone is because they came out with the Voice+ version.

Can someone explain why everyone is so obsessed with selling their games? I never sell my games. I keep them to have a collection and glance at the money I spent well.

At the same time, people are talking about playing games years down the road, when they think G-Collections could be out of business.

Contradiction?

I think it is a restriction of options that upsets people more then anything. Even if they don’t plan to sell the games today, even if you don’t, does not mean 20 years from now you might change your mind. As such you should have the ability to change your mind[edit] since as others have pointed out you have paid for the game already, and the possible problems with this system might take that ability away from you with a game you have bought and not just rented.

Truth told this V-Mate does sound something like a one time payment of 40 dollars to rent a game rather then buy it.

Also I don’t think it is contradiction because right now people, like me, might think that they will play one of these games 10 years from now, but when it becomes 10 years from now decide to sell them instead, once again it is having options open to you.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 10-21-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:
Can someone explain why everyone is so obsessed with selling their games? I never sell my games. I keep them to have a collection and glance at the money I spent well.

At the same time, people are talking about playing games years down the road, when they think G-Collections could be out of business.

Contradiction?

Well, by everyone are you referring to me and possibly Nandemonai? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img] No one else seems to care about the selling issue, or at least has deemed the matter important enough to comment.

A contradiction? I don't think so. Is it a contradiction to want to keep your best games to play somewhere down the line, and sell the others?

I personally would prefer having the option to sell these games, down the road. The VM system, as I understand it, would make it not feasible to do so.

Think of it this way. Will your personal tastes remain the same a month from now? 6 months? a year? 5 years? I may decide not to keep my b-game collection, and simply sell them off. or I may just decide to trim the collection and sell a few titles. I certainly wouldn’t want the VM system to dictate what I can and cannot sell.

quote:
Originally posted by Ecchifan:
I personally would prefer having the option to sell these games, down the road. The VM system, as I understand it, would make it not feasible to do so.

That's probably the idea. People will have to buy new copies from them, rather that picking up a pre-owned copy. Thus increasing their sales.

[This message has been edited by kmusky (edited 10-21-2004).]

quote:

Contradiction?

1) In the US, it is my legal right to sell my property as and when I see fit. It's not their place to deny me this right.

2) I have sold several games that I own

3) I have lent games to friends of mine, which basically falls under "sell for free"

4) You do have a point in that I do care more about being able to play the game arbitrarily far into the future. When I refer to selling games, I am raising the point so everyone is aware - because others here DO care about selling games.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
1) In the US, it is my legal right to sell my property as and when I see fit. It's not their place to deny me this right.

2) I have sold several games that I own

3) I have lent games to friends of mine, which basically falls under "sell for free"

4) You do have a point in that I do care more about being able to play the game arbitrarily far into the future. When I refer to selling games, I am raising the point so everyone is aware - because others here DO care about selling games.

Amen. In Italy it's the same too. Basically most of the hentai games are traded-sold-bought this way here in Rome.

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:

We are talking B-games here, not like some never-ending saga. I tend to finish games
soon or never finish them as they are too hard like X/2
or too Sad like Kana-little sister. Most of time I am done with the game after about a week.
PS. How often do you upgrade hardware or software? Many people still seem to run win/95.

[This message has been edited by woodelf (edited 10-20-2004).]

Acutally I update my hardware every 12 to 18 months [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

I agree that they shouldn’t dictate what you can and cannot sell, but on the other hand, I see selling bishoujo games as less support/sales for the English market. Bad.

quote:
I agree that they shouldn't dictate what you can and cannot sell, but on the other hand, I see selling bishoujo games as less support/sales for the English market. Bad. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/frown.gif[/img]
Yes and no, I understand where you are coming from, but say you sold one of the older games, such as Gloria, May Club, True Love etc. and as a result the person you sold them too suddenly finds this market and likes the games so starts supporting the English marketing by buying new games.

It is at least possible, so I am not sure selling the older games is hurting the industry so much as possibly bringing new people into the industry.