G-Collections' Post Regarding One of the Virtual-Mate i

Okay, Boys…Finally, G-C has addressed the main concern of many customers regarding V-Mate… Here it is…

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We are aware that the utilization of Virtual-Mate system in our upcoming games have been causing much uproar. We hope this post will clear up some confusions that some of you may have.

We will be releasing a patch file within a year of the game release day for every of our future release. The patch file will enable you to play the game without going through Virtual-Mate. In other words, customers who purchase a Virtual-Mate game will only be required to sign on to the game via internet for the first few months of the game ownership. Therefore, customers who want to play “Let’s Meow Meow” 5 years from now, (or any of our future releases) may do so as they will.

In our company, we put customer satisfaction in our first priority. We hope this major change to the Virtual-Mate system will make our loyal customers more satisfied.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right Now, I no longer see problems purchasing games with V-Mate installed as this issue basically was my one and only concern of V-Mate…

[This message has been edited by Noirbo (edited 10-20-2004).]

This means we’ll have to wait a year to play it. My main concern is Hitomi - Stepsister, anyway.

That’s nice.

Though they haven’t really explained if it will connect every time the game starts or not. Though it seems to hint that it will…

Then i’m ruined anyway.

From G-collection’s top page:

quote:
Virtual-Mate account and password will be used when you install and register a game. When you start the game, it will automatically connect to Virtual Mate, and you do NOT need to enter a password or username.

From Vaga42Bond’s post on the issue at the G-collections BBS, V-mate topic:

quote:
1: Virtual Mate account and password will be used when you install and register a game. When you start the game the game will automatically connect to Virtual Mate, and you do NOT need to enter a password. DSL, Cable Modem, and other always on connections will not need to do anything. Dial-Up users will need to connect to LAUNCH the game, then (I THINK) they can turn it off.

2: There is SOME, CERTAIN allowances for hardware change, and there is a limited number of accounts per game, not sure the number. (I’m not full briefed with the workings of Virtual Mate myself.)

Does that answer your question?

ADDED INFORMATION on G-Collections’ BBS from G-C Staff !!

By applying the patch, you will be able to start up the game without going through V Mate. The patch will probably be released through our website. And or course, you will probably need a 16 digits barcode printed on the package to activate the patch.

A set of unique username and password can be registered on 3 different computers up to 3 times.
You might sell the copy to someone if you choose to, but then you can only register the game on 2 of your computers. (the 3 times registration limit)

You are only required to be online for the 1 minute or so (or whatever amount of time it takes) interval of the sign on process. Afer that, the game can be played without having internet access. This is an advantage for those of you who are using dial-ups.

Please let us know if you have any further questions. Thanks!

:slight_smile:

We hope this “major change” to the Virtual-Mate system will make our loyal customers more satisfied.

“major change”…this is interesting, i thought this was calculated into the formula already as is in the japanese net versions, although for the case in japan it’s 2 years after the release date :stuck_out_tongue:

Does anyone know if VM is compatible with SP2?

Well guess it’s a decent compromise. I’d rather they not have this in the first place, but as long as there’s a patch to remove it later.

Hmm, well, I have a DSL connection that’s always connected until I go to bed, so it’s not a problem for me.

Another useful Update on G-Collections BBS:

Since the patch enables you to start up the game without going online, there will be no hardware-check performed.

Based on my previous understanding, once the patch is out, it will be like any other older G-Collections titles and this confirmed that.

What do you guys think of this new information?

Dark_Shiki: If I sell the game to “Adam,” do I have to give Adam my username/password, or does he create his own?

G-collections: To answer your question, you will have to give “Adam” your username/password before he can start up the game on his computer.

@Lamuness: I see I’m not the only cynic around here. Perhaps the G-spies saw our discussion on the matter and decided to implement it…that would boost my ego anyway.

@kmusky: If it isn’t, G-collections will have some major problems on their hands. You can go ask on their boards if you want to make sure.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 10-20-2004).]

YAY!

Ah, the power of complaining loudly.

Now hopefully we can stop all the fussin’ and the feudin’. It’s still slightly annoying for those who don’t want to play the games on a 'net PC, but they will get the game eventually. Just pretend G-C went through a bad business slump and couldn’t make your game for a while.

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
>We hope this "major change" to the Virtual-Mate system will make our loyal customers more satisfied.

"major change"....this is interesting, i thought this was calculated into the formula already as is in the japanese net versions, although for the case in japan it's 2 years after the release date :P

I assume this means they weren't planning on having it expire. Or that they were, but somehow didn't think that was important enough to mention before now.

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Shiki:
What do you guys think of this new information?

Dark_Shiki: If I sell the game to "Adam," do I have to give Adam my username/password, or does he create his own?

G-collections: To answer your question, you will have to give "Adam" your username/password before he can start up the game on his computer.

This seems like a loser of an idea to me. It seems like it works fine if there is just one game involved, but rapidly breaks down if you own more than one game and have them on the same VMate account.

Also if this will work then what is to stop everyone from using pirated username/password combinations?

quote:
Originally posted by papillon:
YAY!

Ah, the power of complaining loudly. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Now hopefully we can stop all the fussin' and the feudin'. It's still slightly annoying for those who don't want to play the games on a 'net PC, but they will get the game eventually. Just pretend G-C went through a bad business slump and couldn't make your game for a while. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Agreed. I said if they offered a version without the protection I'd buy it. This is close enough, especially since I don't often buy games right away, but rather queue up several and order them at once.

(And before anyone asks: yes, I do think I overreacted a bit. But my opinion was also based of the very vague explanations GC had given prior to today.)

This is unexpected, but it still doesn’t touch on the point I brought up before (in the hugeee post), and in fact might make it worse.

This still makes it so that people who can’t use the system have to wait. Once again, this means that paying customers are the ones eating the consequences, not the pirates. One pirate orders the game, figures out how the system works and cracks it, just like that. I’m afraid that’s how it will turn out, and legit users like you and me will just have to wait a year if our systems aren’t compatible…

Whoa, whoa whoa. Sorry but I’ve been away, so whats this Virtual-Mate system about? I know what its about but what is all the big fuss? Is this some sort of security system? or are people complaining because some of the gamers only have dial-up connection or that the system isn’t compatible with their OS.

Virtual Mate is a protection system that requires an internet connection to play an offline game. The main concerns where that only limited hardware changes could be made to your PC, and if GC went out of business you wouldn’t be able to play the games anymore. Those issues have been addressed by GC with the introduction of this patch, and idea that was brought up on this board last week. Because of this, I am will support this release for sure. All of my biggest worries have been taken care of, the price is lower, piracy might be somewhat decreased, and we are supposed to be able to recieve some kind of extra services. I’m going to order this one stright from the GC webpage as soon as it’s released. GC is cool! Peach Princess is still cooler, giving us three keychains and other extras with every copy of Little My Maid, instead of saving up just for one keychain. Oh well, extras are awesome. Does anyone have the link to the Japanese page for the game that is being released after Hitomi?

There’s still some problems that need to be worked out…

We still have no clue when patches are going to be released, and you can’t sell a game without giving out your V-mate username and password. I know I’m not jumping for joy just yet.

Let’s say they wait 3 years after a game release to put out the patch. In that time, I may very well have upgraded my computers twice. Now, if I also installed it on another computer around the house, which also got upgraded, then I can’t play my game anymore. Or what if G-collections goes out of business in 3 years, before releasing any patches? 3 years worth of G-collections games are reduced to shiny frizbees. You see…if the patch isn’t timely, then the whole system comes crashing down.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 10-20-2004).]