G-Collections Sales

Ok, heres why i didnt bring back an old forum… anyway.

Is there anyway to tell if what g-collections is doing is successful, since they will most likely be a huge factor in determining if the US market is ready for this… it seems to me they are trying a bunch of differnt titles to see what will sell almost, (which may not be true) but admit it does look like that.

So, anyway we can figure out if g-collections is a success or just barely getting along?

Seems like they are doing fine, so far Kango is now sold-out. Perhaps with this, they might start bringing more Love-Romance type of game down here since that type of games sell well. I guess we still have to see about it though.

quote:
Originally posted by hotsuma:
Seems like they are doing fine, so far Kango is now sold-out. Perhaps with this, they might start bringing more Love-Romance type of game down here since that type of games sell well. I guess we still have to see about it though.

Unless they only make 5 copies

Unfortunately I don’t think any figures will be leaked. I know the same deal was happening with Right Stuf/ADV Film’s joint venture of anime soundtrack, and they were like ‘yes, we will release over 100 anime soundtracks in the next year’ I remember raising my eyebrow at that, so I asked them ‘how are you doing with sales’ and all they could offer as an answer was ‘we are very happy with the way sales have been’ and now, more than 1 year down the road, we have maybe 10 soundtracks released over that duartion. G-Collections is pulling an experiment and it will probably slow down a little bit, but that’s just my speculation.

Peach Princess’ accidental leaking of figures to us was more a case of “reveal too much on too many occasions” that allowed those of us who were more observant (I certainly missed it) to pick it out.

Pea Pri almost certainly would’ve been better off without the leak. Not that it’s a terrible loss for them, but it certainly does not help.

Huh weird, I was just using some estimated numbers about G-Collections to show how small the market is in general.

While it’s not actually solid numbers, I was looking at my order numbers from the past few months. The difference between each of my orders seems to be about 50. (Though I’m missing a few of my order numbers, I’ll have to check them as well.) But given the difference between my original Kana/Kango order number and my Horny Bunny order number, it seems around that.

Of course, this doesn’t really tell us a whole lot other than that G-Collections doesn’t get the thousands of orders mainstream companies get. And how do we define if they’re a success or just barely getting along even if we had solid numbers? I mean, how many copies do they have to sell of a title for them to break even? I could probably make a guess if it was a straight game development, but I wouldn’t know the costs associated with a localization effort.

If it helps you, I believe that I saw an update on the JAST-USA website thanking customers for the “hundreds of pre-orders” of their memorial collections. This may give you an idea of the size of the marketplace.