G-Collections Website Renewal

I first thought, they were just remodelling and had not yet activated the old product pages with the japanese games, but they even rewrote their mission in the Header of the page telling:

quote:

We thank you for checking out "G-Collections.com."
At “G-Collections.com,” we sell Bishojo Games that have been translated into English.

This could indeed been understood the way, they are no longer selling japanese titles.

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 11-15-2002).]

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
This could indeed been understood the way, they are no longer selling japanese titles.

That's something of a pity ^^;. I throught that it was nice to see another compay than Himeya selling japanese titles here in the west (Especially since G-collections did much better summaries than Himeya does), but now they've stopped doing it... Oh, well...

It actually makes sense, because now that they are selling English games, I am sure they ran into trouble/confusion over the issue. Someone somewhere is going to order without paying much attention, and wind up getting charged $100 for something they don’t want. That’s generally bad for business.

And since they’re putting out English versions now, they might not have the time to keep updating the Japanese-version sections of their page.

Too bad, though. I was using it to keep tabs on what kind of stuff was out there.

quote:
Originally posted by joe_kun:
Just a quick update for those interested, which won't be many [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]. Indeed G-Collections has dropped all the japanese games, but they were nice enough to fulfill my order as the last order. Which they thanked me by giving me a free Kana Soundtrack CD [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img].

Lucky guy! Kinda sad but I'm not sure how much business they were doing with the Japanese games in the first place. I do regret not getting around to placing an order for a couple of the games I wanted. Sigh, that's what I get for procrastinating... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
Lucky guy! Kinda sad but I'm not sure how much business they were doing with the Japanese games in the first place. I do regret not getting around to placing an order for a couple of the games I wanted. Sigh, that's what I get for procrastinating... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

Same here. Then, again, I'll probably wait for quite a while before I order any japanese B-games (at least half a year, I think).

Funny, they say ion their “What is Bishoujo Games” section that a b-games takes about 6-8 hours to play through once ^^;. That seems kind of wrong, for it usually takes me about 4 hours, or a ltitle more or less to play through a bishoujo game (if I don’t use the fast-forward button and pays attention to the story), and I think it’s much the same for most people here. And for msot beginners too, I’d say, unless it’s a LONG game, that might take a beginner some extra time to finish…

[This message has been edited by Spectator Beholder (edited 11-18-2002).]

quote:
Originally posted by Spectator Beholder:
Funny, they say ion their "What is Bishoujo Games" section that a b-games takes about 6-8 hours to play through once ^^;. That seems kind of wrong, for it usually takes me about 4 hours, or a ltitle more or less to play through a bishoujo game (if I don't use the fast-forward button and pays attention to the story), and I think it's much the same for most people here. And for msot beginners too, I'd say, unless it's a LONG game, that might take a beginner some extra time to finish...

My two cents:
I think, this 6-8 hours make no sense at all, because it depends completely on the Type of game. Multipath-multiending-adventures could be played from the start to one possible ending very quickly, but this one played path leaves a lot to discover for other combinations of the players decisions.
SIMS could be a lot alike this.
NOVLs on the other hand have usually a really long lasting story that in most cases couldn't be played through in one go.

Examples: Everytime, I play Kana, I end up playing about 8 hours from the start to the end.
I am sure, "Chain" or "Eve Burst Error" would keep you occupied for several days each.
On the other hand I got all endings of X-Change within 3 hours, the day it finally arrived at my place.

And a RPG can take dozen of hours, depending on your leveling-up… (I’m at about 50hrs in my first play in “Romance II”… but then I spent about 30hrs levelling up… )

quote:
My two cents:
I think, this 6-8 hours make no sense at all, because it depends completely on the Type of game. Multipath-multiending-adventures could be played from the start to one possible ending very quickly, but this one played path leaves a lot to discover for other combinations of the players decisions.
NOVLs on the other hand have usually a really long lasting story that in most cases couldn't be played through in one go.

Examples: Everytime, I play Kana, I end up playing about 8 hours from the start to the end.
I am sure, "Chain" or "Eve Burst Error" would keep you occupied for several days each.
On the other hand I got all endings of X-Change within 3 hours, the day it finally arrived at my place.

It apparently takes me much longer to play a b-game than it does most people. It takes me about twice as long as you, at least, the first time I play one it does.

quote:
My two cents:

Exactly, it makes no sense at all! I think they should writte someting different instead, something like "An adult bishoujo game can, depening on what kind of bishoujo game it is, and various other factors take at least from 3 to 8 hours to play through. But some games take even more time to play through, like Chain, that can take a couple of days to paly through. And even if it usually doesn't take all that much time to play through a game once, it might take you quite some time tom find all endings in a game, since many bishoujo games have more than one ending". Or something like that. But t's as you say: novels and rpgs are long, and so are simulations, but not really THAT long, but long enough (To play through Princess Maker once, for example, takes almost as long time as it takes to play Kana) and multipath-multiendings are short, but have more paths/endings and such.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
It apparently takes me much longer to play a b-game than it does most people. It takes me about twice as long as you, at least, the first time I play one it does.

*must... resist... urge... to... challenge... Nandemonai... to... a... duell...to... see... whom... of... us... it...takes... the... longest... time... to...play...a...game....*. Bah, I still think it tkaes me a ,onger time than msot people here to play a bishoujo game for the first time, since, well... they say that you should drink a good wine slowy. I don't like wine, but I feel much the same about a brand-new bishoujo game that has arrived into my hands [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img].

Speaking of Tottemo Pheromone does anyone know anything about this? What’s it about and who’s the Japanese publisher?