G-Collections's Future?

What where how now? Last I heard Mindead had like 2000 dollars in commisions ready for it but translator wanted at least 4000 dollars to do it.

And wasn’t JAST in talks with Black Cyc earlier? I believe things crashed to engine problems.

Well first we need to wait till DDC is finished, which could take a while considering the side projects and the translator has been getting sick quite a bit lately.

So, in the end, this thread didn’t turn in the way i wanted.
I had some (little) hope that Peter Payne or Shingo answer it… i was trying to get some little info.

Too bad… I lost ^^;

But i only lost a battle not the war :mrgreen:

DDC was the perfect “test” of how feasible doing MDB was.

MDB is a helluva lot longer (and complex) than DDC. :expressionless:

Yeah, but DDC’s writing is considerably more advanced. At least it’s not as bad as other work that writer’s done.

It doesn’t make a lot of sense to publish new products under the g-collections brand since jast will get the nitro games and the latest releases have been done using the peapri label; out with old in with the new I guess :mrgreen:

Considering the frequency the PP staff posts here I think is still early to admit defeat :slight_smile:

I’m rather confused at what this fuss is about actually…

I mean sure most of the labels listed under G-Collection (Zyx, Sekilala, D.O, etc.) have been for all purposes ‘inactive’ for a while. Some people are forgetting most of JASTUsa’s releases have barely touched the older and more recent game line-ups from those licensed partners - D.O still has Branmaker 1 remake and Zoku Yoju Wars. Innai Kansen series and Yoju Club remakes (another GalPani type game) from Zyx and those are just to name a few older but still decent titles.

You’re talking about D.O. as “inactive”… But D.O. is dead, even the official website is now down… So trying to get the date of the last game won’t be easy i think.

D.O’s latest game, Zoku Youjuu Senki, was released in October 20, 2006.

Data* not date sorry typo ^^;

The thing is that D.O is not a company. CD BROS. is the company and every CD BROS. brand worked out of basically the same building. So really, D.O is just as dead as any other CD BROS. brand and I don’t think their games would be in any particular danger - although it’s difficult to tell how long that will remain true. They might still count on JAST acquiring some Takayashiki/Fortune titles or something, who knows. (I think JAST should still grab Hoshizora Planet and possibly Daughter Maker 2 - the former because it’s a good game and the latter because it would piss off Equality Now and probably everyone else too!)

D.O. and ZyX are not a part or CD-Bros.
Both are way older than CD-Bros. and was created before… And i don’t remember them being bought by CD-Bros (since ZyX still released game after CD-bros was gone out of business)

http://www.9shift.net/pkwiki/index.php? … CE%F3%2Fp1

They were all under the same umbrella - basically, the root node was Panther Software (or Interlex, which they were later called). The organization as a whole is referred to as the Yuuto Group.

Legally, CD Bros. (which brands like Angel Smile and Trabulance directly fell under) was a separate arm from D.O. or ZyX. However, in practice, it was one operation.

Oh huh, I thought CD Bros was the root company, but I guess not.

I never knew D.O worked hand in hand with CD-Bros. Always thought it was under the umbrella of some larger co. though.

@mirage: You realise that at the date I posted DO site was still up <.<;; Not like i can see into the future and see it would shut down a few days later xD That being said just about all of DO (as well as ZYX, CD Bos, Sekilala, Trabulance… well basically all those companies under the umbrella company) are still being offered on sale at the Con-Tra website. So the games are still available and can still be licensed xD

Oh and DO released 2 more remakes after Zoku Yoju Senki =P One was an ADV i fergot the title too and then the Branmaker remake =3 on that note… gawd I was hoping for a remake of Shin Zoku Youju Senki which pretty much finishes off the story of the Yoju Senki series… that and Branmaker 2 xD

But…Pretty Soldier Wars was such a terrible game. You could hardly even call it a visual novel, because it was just a barebones battle system with HCGs tacked on. And unlike Raidy, it actually tried to be more than this and failed miserably. Note I’m saying this as a diehard fan of games with gameplay.