G-Collections's Future?

So Raidy 2 is the last Eroge from the Batch announced 3 or 4 years ago…And you’ll release it soon…
So what now?

CD-Bros (Sekilala, Trabulance, Ignition, AngelSmile etc…) is dead since 2006
The same for D.O.
And ZyX, well their last eroge was end of 2008 and the news on Raidy 3 are old.(the last one in June 2008)

Also, they are not so much game left that you can release (A lot of Loli Title (like the Daughter Maker))… 3 or 4 max (kango Shicyauzo 3 would be nice).

So what Jast USA will do with the G-Collections Brand?
New partnership?
Using the big catalog of Will?
Or only release the very few title from those old and dead Cd-Bros/D.O./ZyX left and let G-Collections wither?

Let’s hope for more Will games, eh?

I guess it’s time to milk pulltop.

loli time !

Let’s not forget Propellor’s games

I don’t think it serves much purpose to publish someone else’s games under G-Collections, unless the brand is such a strong selling point.

Does it significantly impact sales? I’d guess not, otherwise more of JAST USA’s games would use the label. I certainly wouldn’t care if they retired it for good.

Jast USA was basically a dead brand for a long time. It was mainly Peach Princess for years. (Jast USA’s last real game that was actually from Jast was Transfer Student, and that was released back in 2002.) After GC imploded, and there were multiple brands to juggle, it seems like Peter decided to reorganize under Jast USA (which was the brand that made the deal with NitroPlus, for example).

So I guess it would make sense to continue going thru the brands GC has access to, for awhile longer at least. There have to be at least a few things they could release. That would go for another couple of years.

Or the Rolling Star games could be branded “G-Collections” titles. Or any new announcements from the upcoming con season could get labelled 'G-Collections".

The brand could also go dormant, the way Jast USA did in 2002.

G-Collections was the American Brand of the Japanese CD-Bros… In 2006 CD-Bros go out of business because of the Japanese Branch while G-Collections was totally fine.
Then CD-Bros proposed to Peter Payne if J-List/Jast USA wanted to have G-Collections, and he said yes.

That’s the Story behund G-Collections.

As for Will titles, I think they will still be released under Peach Princess brand.

They could always make a partnership with a different company Like Jast did with Nitro+.

Do people really care about the brands? Nobody I know really distinguishes them.

Honestly, no, I don’t. That’s another thing.

If there were obvious differences between the brands, then yeah, keeping a distinction makes sense. Historically, there was: GC put out games like one every two months there for awhile, but their quality-control was spotty (later games had some translation issues) and they tended to put out pretty simple games. (The “pick which character you want” thing they used as a “gameplay mechanic” in later titles was especially weak.) PP put out games much less frequently, but had a lot more polish applied.

Now that it’s all the same people doing the same job, it’s more of a branding exercise. But it’s not a very strong branding exercise, because the kinds of titles being released under the various brands don’t really have an easily discernable theme. (It’s not like GC is say dark eroge, PP is light nukige, and Jast is everything else - or some other division).

Instead it just happens to be which company the games came from. Doesn’t really mean a whole lot.

Well, it’s not really the same people doing the job since they seem to hire contractors for translation. You’d think they have enough translation work to hire a dedicated translator or two for consistency and hopefully quality. (Hint: Hire the one(s) who did Snow Sakura and YMK. Those games were probably the peak of Jast translation quality.)

Responding to what Nandemonai and Bogg wrote, isn’t it the right time for GC to start specializing in dark ero? They can start by making Black Cyc a partner.
Of course, there’s possibility that they don’t want to go that way.

new deals, Nitro+, Will, Pulltop, Empress… there are so many avenues.
Also dead brands like CD-Bros D.O etc may make another entry anytime, so its a possibility that cant be neglected totally.
I think that new ventures are the way forward now, also keeping a pragmatic view and taking any opportunity that comes.

Well, if GC wanted to release more dark ero, they can always approach Guilty (http://www.guilty-soft.com/) and Guilty + (http://www.guilty-soft.com/plus/top.html) which are both a part of Will. Also one of Guilty’s games, Helter Skelter (http://www.guilty-soft.com/gg30/index.htm), recieved an anime adaption, as did one for Guilty + called Yokorenbo Immoral Mother (http://www.guilty-soft.com/plus/plus14/top_on.html). Of course, if PP wanted to release dark eroge, they could approach Anim (http://www.hs-crowd.co.jp/anim/a_top.html), which is a part of Crowd and has a larger selection of games.
If Peter ever does approach, Anim, I hope he gets this one licensed:

http://www.hs-crowd.co.jp/anim/product/ … egari.html

ruf’s got some pretty dark games, like the Rasen Kairou series.

Dark… Dark…And again Dark <.<
I prefer more gameplay based Eroge than ambiance based… I would like some good SLG or map/Schedule based… Like Escalayer, Dai Akuji from Alice Soft.Lingerie, ippai Shimasho, Yakin Byoto, Izayoi no ayanome from Mink… or for Dark and SLG fan : Pigeon Blood.

Or at least, some funny and “boin boin” Nukige like G.J? and Squeez game…

I won’t say no to the Yami no Koe series fro exemple, but Dark Ero are really not my cup of tea.

For me so long as they come out with ones I like I’d not care who they deal with.

Yeah, GUILTY / GUILTY+ games would be cool, even thought they are more about incest and older women in their late 30s / beginning 40s y.o.

Actually, i think we need more eroges with mature-looking women here. Instead just schoolgirls, we could see more hitozuma games, too, like those from ATELIER KAGUYA, BLACK RAINBOW, BLUE GALE or TINKERBELL.

At least, no one will acuse us of being lolikons. :lol:

yes I would love to see some Black Cyc games in english. Mindead Blood is getting translated by Dark Translations