Galaxy Angel game license?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/convention.php?id=237

Although Broccoli is involved in video game production in Japan, Broccoli USA will not produce or localize any video games. They have licensed out the Galaxy Angel game to another US company for localization. The “chose your own adventure” style game will feature subtitles, not an English dub, and they are hoping for it to be released next year.

Interesting.

quote:
Originally posted by papillon:
“chose your own adventure”

If they mean by this a full localization of the japanese PC-game "Galaxy Angel", then "choose-your-own-adventure"-game is an understatement. Or rather: if covers only one side of the game, because the tactical 3d-animated space-battles are also an important part of the game and by losing them, the game comes to the bad ends!

quote:
Originally posted by papillon:
not an English dub

We should be grateful for this decision! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

Do all Galaxy angel games have the strategy side to them? Maybe they’re bringing over a different one?

Anyway, I hope they don’t screw it up… I would really like to get my hands on the Galaxy Angel games.

quote:
Originally posted by Faust:
Do all Galaxy angel games have the strategy side to them? Maybe they're bringing over a different one?

All three Galaxy Angel games that have been released by Broccoli so far have that strategy-part and its outcome also affects the ADV-part. Just imagine how happy Ranpha would be if she was taken down in battle thanks to YOUR commands...

... and the story is also more serious and coherent than those funny TV-episodes, even though some events remind of the crazyness of the anime. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

Err, you’re right, for some reason I thought there were more GA games…

Also, which platform do you think they would it release it for, PS2 or PC?

quote:
Originally posted by Faust:
Also, which platform do you think they would it release it for, PS2 or PC?

* shrugs *
Let's hope for the PC-version, because everybody I heard talking about the PS2-version had complaints regarding the gameflow-breaking load-times...

It is unlikely that the Playstation versions were licensed. To the best of my knowledge Sony USA requires Japanese voice acting be redubbed into English – the option to listen to the original Japanese can be there, but the game must be dubbed. Since whoever it is that’s doing these has said the games will not be dubbed it’s probably not the PS versions.

quote:
To the best of my knowledge Sony USA requires Japanese voice acting be redubbed into English

Was this always the case? Because Mega Man X 6 only contains Japanese voice acting.
  1. I could be mistaken, but I believe this is correct.

2) If you’re a big-name publisher, or you’re making a sequel to a hit title, you can pretty much get away with ignoring Sony USA’s rules. Whoever’s bringing over the Galaxy Angels games probably doesn’t meet either of the above.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
It is unlikely that the Playstation versions were licensed. To the best of my knowledge Sony USA requires Japanese voice acting be redubbed into English -- the option to listen to the original Japanese can be there, but the game must be dubbed. Since whoever it is that's doing these has said the games will not be dubbed it's probably not the PS versions.
This is not entirely true. Rot3K has parts of it aren't dubbed still.

Also all the movies in Breath of Fire: Dragonquarter are subtitled only.

[This message has been edited by Jinnai (edited 07-08-2005).]

Ohhh cool a galaxy angel game. Hopefully it won’t be edited.

Speaking from having played the third game in the series, Eternal Lovers, it’s a pretty good game. I’ve heard that all the games in the series are pretty alike, though. The space battles are way too easy as well.

Spiffy…I’m looking forward to seeing some of these games then.