Game editor position

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
Actually, I sent my request for information to the [url=webmaster@peachprincess.com]webmaster@peachprincess.com[/url] address Peter mentioned at the top. That's what I get for following instructions...

Well, webmaster@peapri is also fine, but Peter has a tendency of miss reading some emails (happened to me) so when it's something like this I always send to [url=peter@jlist.com]peter@jlist.com[/url] directly just to play safe.

But that doesn't mean you should send your peapri sales order problem to him though. Those go to sales@peapri obviously.

In any case, either webmaster@peapri or peter@jlist would be fine for applying the position.

Good luck everyone!

[This message has been edited by Lamuness (edited 06-26-2003).]

I WANNA WORK FOR YA!!!

well, i have contacted peter about the position…just want to let you all know…I WANT THIS POSITION BADLY!!!

it is a wonderful opportunity for me to do something worthwhile from my home, with my anxiety and all keeping me from leaving the house…i don’t care if it is freelance or whatever, but i really want to work in the bishoujo game industry (that’s the primary reason i am learning japanese, to become a translator for these games) and this would be a wonderful addition for my resume and a good foot in the door towards a career

i have certainly proven my dedication to and love of the genre too…i’m not saying don’t apply, just be prepared for some tough competition…i am pretty darn qualified and I WANT THIS for more reasons than any of you probably have…and honestly, the money isn’t even one of them

[This message has been edited by ladyphoenix (edited 06-27-2003).]

Haha…now the goddess whines…I wonder how many people will retract from their application because of this :stuck_out_tongue:

Personally, I have no idea how many of these positions are open and for hire, as well as how many people have applied…I am really interested in what the ratio is, even if it’s only approximate. I hope it’s not something like one to a hundred :stuck_out_tongue:

[This message has been edited by Lamuness (edited 06-27-2003).]

quote:
Originally posted by ladyphoenix:

i have certainly proven my dedication to and love of the genre too....i'm not saying don't apply, just be prepared for some tough competition...i am pretty darn qualified and I WANT THIS for more reasons than any of you probably have....and honestly, the money isn't even one of them

ho ho ho, i like that 1 "the money isn't even one of them" i bet it is one of them but jus on the "side" kinda things (how eles will u get ur b33r?) singin for it ? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
Well, webmaster@peapri is also fine, but Peter has a tendency of miss reading some emails (happened to me) so when it's something like this I always send to [url=peter@jlist.com]peter@jlist.com[/url] directly just to play safe.

so ur basically saying if no reply comes in a day or two, to assult the other addy? (not litterally y'know what i mean dunt ya?)
hmm, well ultraedit 32 is a hex/ascii/plain text editor thingy so that'll be fine sw33t,

*gets down onth the floor an prays to his hentai goddess, in hope for a reply from peter*

[img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img] TH

quote:
i have certainly proven my dedication to and love of the genre too....i'm not saying don't apply, just be prepared for some tough competition...i am pretty darn qualified and I WANT THIS for more reasons than any of you probably have....and honestly, the money isn't even one of them

You mean, even more reasons than I have? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

But I suppose, my english isn't good enough as well, so I wouldn't interfere with your application.
Good luck, my goddess!

quote:
Originally posted by TraitorHunter:
hmm, well ultraedit 32 is a hex/ascii/plain text editor thingy so that'll be fine sw33t,

That's a nice hint. Thank you very much!

quote:
Originally posted by TraitorHunter:
*gets down onth the floor an prays to his hentai goddess, in hope for a reply from peter*

What? You still use THAT word?
DISQUALIFIED, until you have read Kagami's page about "those crazy gaijins" at least four times! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

P.S.: Have fun with your freaking perverted goddess, but I still support our bishoujo goddess! Here I prove myself again as a true FWOBIGOLS (or an incompetent user of the english language, whatever you like better...).

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 06-27-2003).]

i wouldn’t call my last post whining…i am just expressing how much I really want this position…everyone can feel free to apply (i said this before)…i just wanted it known that I REALLY want the opportunity to do this…

I posted mostly so Peter would see it and realize just how much I want the position (a tip from my Mom on how to land a job is to be really aggressive about expressing your interest)…and I will be honest that I am hoping that maybe if there is someone out there who doesn’t REALLY want to do this, will see that there is someone who really has a lot to gain and a lot to hope for from this job and might withdraw their half-hearted application

it is certainly not my intent to scare off anyone or bully anyone into retracting their application if they want the job and if I do not get the job, I will still be happy for the person/people who DO land it

i hope i wasn’t misinterpreted

I wish you all the best of luck young Goddess. I would prefer someone who like the genre than some neutral editor.

I am way too busy to even do freelance work now. Full time job and my post graduate degree to finish, might turn into a master if I stupid enough.

quote:
i wouldn't call my last post whining....i am just expressing how much I really want this position....everyone can feel free to apply (i said this before)....i just wanted it known that I REALLY want the opportunity to do this...

I posted mostly so Peter would see it and realize just how much I want the position (a tip from my Mom on how to land a job is to be really aggressive about expressing your interest)....and I will be honest that I am hoping that maybe if there is someone out there who doesn't REALLY want to do this, will see that there is someone who really has a lot to gain and a lot to hope for from this job and might withdraw their half-hearted application

it is certainly not my intent to scare off anyone or bully anyone into retracting their application if they want the job [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img] and if I do not get the job, I will still be happy for the person/people who DO land it [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

i hope i wasn't misinterpreted

hurrr, i think u went a lil overboard there, good advice ur mom gave, im usually told to "sell yourself on the paper" >.< i usually get turned down [i tryed on 10+jobs an all turned down] but what the hey, GL to ya

quote:
Originally posted by Hogi Bear:
I wish you all the best of luck young Goddess. I would prefer someone who like the genre than some neutral editor.

*Agrees*

quote:
I am way too busy to even do freelance work now. Full time job and my post graduate degree to finish, might turn into a master if I stupid enough.

hey hey u want some of my spare time, i have loads of it [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

TH

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:

Actually, what I had said was meant more as a tease at TraitorHunter for missing what address Peter said to email in the begining post. Though I am tempted to email the other address as well, but that would probably just be annoying and I'm annoying enough as it is... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

Hmm, actually, it would be interesting to see what the ratio of positions to applicants ends up being. If you do find out, can you let us know?

Personally, I hope that everyone who's going for the position isn't doing it half-heartedly in the first place. (er, then again my own email wasn't all that assertive either...) It is an excellent opportunity for those like Ladyphoenix who want to get in the industry or for those who want to help the industry out but don't feel up to doing things like reviews. Plus, for those with poor Japanese language or programming skills, who knows when the next time a position will open up for these games that won't dink you for those shortfalls.

Okay, now I'm feeling silly because I feel like I'm trying to increase the amount of competition against myself. It's bad enough already that I can think of several of the regulars who are probably more qualified than I am. Man, it's like high school all over again... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
Actually, what I had said was meant more as a tease at TraitorHunter for missing what address Peter said to email in the begining post. Though I am tempted to email the other address as well, but that would probably just be annoying and I'm annoying enough as it is... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

bleh, okay okay so i JUS woke up when i posted that 3 hrs after postin dat i e-mailed that e-mail addy ^^

quote:

Personally, I hope that everyone who's going for the position isn't doing it half-heartedly in the first place. (er, then again my own email wasn't all that assertive either...)

heh, my e-mail was simple an straight to the point and usually ignored cuz its simple U_U (lamers!! happens all the time to me >.< )

TH

Just have to pipe in…

It sounds like this is very much a simple editing job. As such, the primary (and perhaps only) requirement is probably a good understanding of written english. (well, that and basic typing/playing skills…)

In other words… IF those who are selecting the position(s) are reading this board, and can tie posters to applications, many of the posters may want to edit their posts to correct grammar and spelling…

And hope they didn’t use “words” like “dat”, “ur”, or “cuz” in their e-mail. If I was in charge of hiring, that would pretty much eliminate that applicant.

*sends an application to Mr. Payne.

Well my English background is British/Australian. So do you really want, “Mate”, “Barbie”, “Snags”, “Shag”, “Thunderbox”, “Mum” and so forth. Hehe.

But looking at the “wanted” description. It looks like your average grammar checking and flow checking. ie When the user select an option, the story flow make sense etc…

PS: I take all the free time I can get it. I haven’t played a game in over two weeks. Well I did boot up XC2 to try something for someone.

you haven’t played in two weeks???

faints

quote:

I posted mostly so Peter would see it and realize just how much I want the position (a tip from my Mom on how to land a job is to be really aggressive about expressing your interest)....

My sex is big and powerful, so powerful it is poised to fall out. Peter, considering my agressive male sexual prowess, you should agressively consider my application and then agressively hire me so that I can agressively assault these Bishoujo games.

quote:
Originally posted by bokmeow:
My sex is big and powerful, so powerful it is poised to fall out. Peter, considering my agressive male sexual prowess, you should agressively consider my application and then agressively hire me so that I can agressively assault these Bishoujo games.

and you should aggressively update your webpage. :P

quote:
Originally posted by Ecchifan:
and you should aggressively update your webpage. :P

I think, he has an aggressive problem with that because that aggressively involves working with FTP, but that's aggressively imposibble because on an aggressive firewall... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

(EDT: Damn it! I consistently and aggressively wrote every aggressive with only one "g"!)

[This message has been edited by Unicorn (edited 06-30-2003).]