Game Patches

Please check our patch list to download the latest version of your game.

https://www.jastusa.com/game-patches/

A user just reported to me that the Shiny Days bugfix patch 1.01e mirror that I uploaded on my blog–because JAST took its own patch offline and never restored it–had a missing file, resulting in the Manami ending save corruption bug remaining despite the patch seeming to install successfully. This was likely a problem on my end, resulting from security software removing the necessary file. This corrupted mirror was, to my knowledge, the only source of the bugfix patch for close to a year. I do my best, but with no original release to compare to I had no idea the file I uploaded was not the same as the one I’d downloaded months before.

This incident should make JAST think deeply on the responsibility you’ve delegated to users. It’s really irresponsible of a company to not offer official support patches on their site and expect users to pick up the slack. I uploaded an updated version that should fix the issue, but it’s untested. I hope you’ll at least test it for me, to make sure it works, if you’re going to insist on making me responsible for unofficial support. As you might be able to tell from the endless stream of comments, I’ve spent many uncompensated hours helping users troubleshoot their various issues with Shiny Days.

I’m sorry about the lack of an update for Shiny Days. The patch that was built for the game contained code that was flagged by Google to be a virus, and as a result Google blacklisted our entire support site until we got the file removed. We removed the file and intended to scan and update a new patch to resolve that issue. However, after some staff changes, that task got moved down and it hasn’t been picked up by anybody.

I’ll put the patch up in priority and see if someone can make it happen.

Encrypting the patch with an archive password would likely be an easy workaround to prevent nosy search engines from scanning the file. That could work until you figure out how to comply with security best practices.

@sanahtlig said:
Encrypting the patch with an archive password would likely be an easy workaround to prevent nosy search engines from scanning the file. That could work until you figure out how to comply with security best practices.

Google has a nice list of possible reasons for the patch being flagged, so hopefully we’ll resolve this soon.
Thanks for your patience.

Does Eiyuu Senki Gold have an update patch yet? In my copy, Qin Shihuang and Sun Tzu’s paired H-scene still has pixels on the penis.

It does! You can find it on the game’s store page: JAST – Visual Novels and Games