Games You Wish You Hadn't Bought

Well, even though it came with the JAST Memorial, Runaway City was pretty dull. 1 good ending that was almost impossible to reach. You mess up at all, and you get the 1 bad ending, that makes no sense whatsoever. It was decent the 1 time I got through it with a walkthrough, but not for anything else besides that.

Keep in mind I don’t have a whole lot of games in my collection…but I think I’ll have to go with Private Nurse here. I don’t dislike it so much that I’d say it was a waste of my time, but I sure don’t think it was worth the $45 I paid for it. I didn’t feel cheated so much by Little My Maid, but I do wish I’d gotten a better deal on it. It wasn’t quite worth $50. The decision to buy Hitomi was also a mistake, though my own blindness is mostly to blame here, as I didn’t heed the warnings that it was a dark game.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 02-26-2005).]

I think that just 2 of them makes me feel sick but just one of them i actually bought…
I bought Jewel Knights -Crusaders- and its the option d)

the other one is WC and i think its the c) in this game…

You forgot to put the one more option…That is E.None of the above…lol
Anyway, I haveot of B-games but, I choose correctly so I don’t have any problems with my game…So my answer is E…lol

Actually, it’s not necessary that E option, because if u never regret buying a b-game, then i dont see why you should post here

------------------
“The reason we think the flowers on the precipice are beautiful, is because we are standing on the precipice as well.
Do not fear, because we are like the flowers,

We did not step off.”

I have a lot of games that I don’t like, but I know that people really like many of them so I won’t say.

However, I can be pretty sure that most people don’t like Adam the Double Factor.

I really like the Eve storyline, and I still wish that I could see an English release of Eve Zero or something like that. But Adam didn’t even fit into the story, as if they were in some bizarre parallel universe where everybody was a jerk. Even the “bonus” of seeing the H scenes actually made the game more sad, especially since in the course of the game, a majority of your lovers either die or leave you.

For those that haven’t played the game, Adam the Double Factor has only one ending: A Bad Ending. Basically everybody that loves you leaves, the people that you’re trying to save all die, and the bad guys essentially win. Well, that’s just brilliant.

…i dont know ig its brilliant, but that its original, you cant deny

Viper M1. One day I realized that Himeya was the only place left with the original M1 in stock. So I said “Better buy while I can.” This was the first and last Viper game I’ve ever bought. It had a lot of potential with its animations, but was a total piece of trash in the end.

Well Adam: Double Factor wasn’t meant to be live EVE: Burst Error where they didn’t expect nessarily to be able to continue the storyline, so they ended it on a more downbeat note on purpose.

The only one i uninstalled before finishing was Jewel Knights: Crusaders. Some of them i’ve come close to though.

Mostly its that i can’t play them too much or i get bored with them. FE: I like The Maid Story, but i can’t play that continously straight cuz it gets boring.

However most of the games i wish i hand’t bought are non-Bishoujo. I have a huge list of non-b games i wish i hadn’t spent my money on. So much so i now rarely by computer games unless i know the series and the company doing it because i’ve been burned so much.

I regret buying X-Change. I HATE rape and there’s a lot of it in that game… seriously, what is up with the Japanese and rape in games and anime?

Hitomi - The titular character’s path was utterly repulsive and for the first time I came this close to uninstalling the game part-way through. Yuki’s scenario was better but still wasn’t enough to redeem this trainwreck of a game. Plus the quality of the art swung between very attractive and hideous; clearly the samples available at the various retail sites weren’t entirely indicative of the game as a whole.

Gibo - Oh, my blackened soul. Before I played Gibo I was a happy young man full of the joys of life. Subsequently I am an empty, withering husk of a human being barely able to gaze at my own reflection. Okay, I exaggerate somewhat but Gibo left me feeling dirty and not in a good way. I had mistakenly believed that you had some choice in how you approached the game, but I was very wrong. Some horrible, horrible artwork too.

Aside from that I’m pretty content with my other 25 or so purchases, though I could’ve done without Amy’s Fantasies…

quote:
Originally posted by Darc:

[b]Gibo
- Oh, my blackened soul. Before I played Gibo I was a happy young man full of the joys of life. Subsequently I am an empty, withering husk of a human being barely able to gaze at my own reflection. Okay, I exaggerate somewhat but Gibo left me feeling dirty and not in a good way. I had mistakenly believed that you had some choice in how you approached the game, but I was very wrong. Some horrible, horrible artwork too.[/b]

Mmmmmh... feek the same, but add the "Wanted to swim in a pool of blood and offer some cow heads to Satan"

@Dark_Shiki:

I dont know if you remember when you said that even when i stated that i hated dark games i showed some kind of interest for them...
Well, you might be right... even after playing Gibo i got on my hands a Hentai called "Gibo", what could have i expected? so, maybe, i'm kinda interested in my subcouncious [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img] [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]
The other one that i saw was one that was called "Step Sister" that i assume has something to do with the game "Hitomi"

When should i expect some new light-kind-hearted game? i'm getting tired of having some "grey-to-dark" games (Little my maid wasn't something that i would call light at all, and, though it funny to certain point, the fact that they have to do "whatever" you want, still disturbs me...)

BTW: Benoit, you were right, the game uses mouth movement, but doesn't use mouth timing at all [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img] [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img] [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by The Unholy Avenger (edited 02-28-2005).]

quote:
Originally posted by The Unholy Avenger:
When should i expect some new light-kind-hearted game? i'm getting tired of having some "grey-to-dark" games (Little my maid wasn't something that i would call light at all, and, though it funny to certain point, the fact that they have to do "whatever" you want, still disturbs me...)
I dunno...i wish they'd put out some more occultish/horror games like Divi Dead...or even traslate the rest of the Eve series...

quote:
Originally posted by The Unholy Avenger:

@Dark_Shiki:

I dont know if you remember when you said that even when i stated that i hated dark games i showed some kind of interest for them...
Well, you might be right... even after playing Gibo i got on my hands a Hentai called "Gibo", what could have i expected? so, maybe, i'm kinda interested in my subcouncious [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img] [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]
The other one that i saw was one that was called "Step Sister" that i assume has something to do with the game "Hitomi"

*Imperial March playing in the background* The draw of the dark side is strong indeed. Its corruption is a subtle thing, corroding one's will even as it is denied. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

Little My Maid isn't a dark game. You do have the option to a play a "dark" sort of protagonist, but you can go through many of the paths without even being mean to the girls. I haven't even come across any real rape, except for the one scene...but that can be averted. Half the game is "light" as can be, really. The other half isn't nearly as dark as the "true" dark games out there.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 02-28-2005).]

I have been somewhat dissapointed with most of the English translated bishoujo games that I bought so far. A typical English translated game is short, and often of very shallow storyline. Almost all of them are ADVs, so they can’t make up for it with interactivity. Even below par, sex romp games like Little My Maid look pretty good when compared with some of the real junk I have bought. At least Little My Maid has the Urashima Taro pun, but it’s not really funny unless you knew that story before playing Little My Maid. The game that I really wasted my time and money on was Heart de Roommate. It wasn’t erotic, it wasn’t even funny. The lolicon character was so unattractive that she’d turn Dark Shiki into an oppaicon. There was only one character I liked in that game and you could only get a bad ending with her. I thought that the male character in Private Nurse was a jackass, but the game was decent. The only English games that I liked so far were Brave Soul just because it wasn’t an ADV, and Crescendo because the story was good. I haven’t played Kana yet so I don’t know about that. Everything else is just so bland. All the DYLHB, CSMT, all Trabulance games, and others are very similar and boring to play. They are boring, but I wouldn’t say that they’re bad games. I thought Heart de Roommate would be “different” and it was. It was worse. I know that I wouldn’t like water closet or Xchange so I didn’t buy those games.

As for Japanese games I have Utawareru Mono, Duel Savior, Ui-chan no Nizuma Diary, Baldr Force EXE, Lost Passage, Jinkyou Shoujo 2, Sora no Iro Mizu no Iro, Inukko Puni Puni, and Soul Link. With the exception of Baldr Force, which I haven’t yet played, I think that these are all really great games. Most of these aren’t even the “legendary” games that everyone talks about. I’ll need to understand Japanese a lot better before playing games like that. I don’t know how the English market is going to grow with the same kinds of games being sold over and over again. Hopefully Shiawase no Katachi will have a more interesting story.

quote:
Originally posted by bishounen_blue:
The lolicon character was so unattractive that she'd turn Dark Shiki into an oppaicon.

I wouldn't go that far [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]...but it says a lot that I completed the paths of all the main characters except her's. Both her appearance and her personality were just so...boring.

… see, this is funny, because I liked HdR and she’s probably my favorite character. And I’m decidedly not a lolicon (which might explain it).

Her personality and voice were bizarre, but reminded me of Guu (Jungle wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu) so it made me smile whenever she spoke up, and I was totally surprised when her full story unfolded. I thought it was much more interesting than the usual quick progression of romance in these games. If you haven’t done her path and you claim to like stories instead of just sex, you should go back and give her a run, just to find out why she is the way she is…

But I really am not interested in these games for sexual reasons, so my opinion is different.

quote:
Originally posted by bishounen_blue:
There was only one character I liked in that game and you could only get a bad ending with her.

She was my favorite. I wish you could have gotten a good ending with her... *sigh*
quote:
Originally posted by papillon:
If you haven't done her path and you claim to like stories instead of just sex, you should go back and give her a run, just to find out why she is the way she is... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

*major spoiler*

As I remember, she had brain damage from some sort of accident (I forget the exact circumstances). Apparently she used to be really smart, but the accident killed her IQ and messed up her ability to feel emotions. I did do some of her path (last), but like I said, I quickly grew bored and moved on. Part of the reason might also have been that it didn't feel right getting in on with a person who's emotionally dead. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

… Which is why it was cool that you two moved a bit more slowly, iirc. It still didn’t slow down and do detail as much as I wanted ( a good romantic story about slowly teaching her emotions again would have been nice ) but at least it was different. But obviously you don’t have to like the same things I do.

I don’t remember if I did her last or second. I don’t really like crazy violent girls, so even though she was gorgeous I was hesitant to pick that one.