Gibo

The real disgrace of the wise men is that they have to experience evil things as well as good ones…

I have heard the wisest alive realize they truly know nothing, knowledge is not always a blessing, and that there is a continual shift between “light” and “dark” leaving most of life in the gray since what is light today might be considered dark tomorrow and vice versa.

Considering only the anime that is out there, I think half those religious people I mentioned would be convinced I am “evil” for watching and enjoying such things. Those, even if they are the exception rather then the rule, are part of what keeps this stuff from being mainstream for such a long time, or perhaps ever.

You’re right too Benoit it might be impossible to control thoughts that come to mind, and if it is not impossible, those that can do it might be about one out of every billion.

Got mine over the weekend and had a chance to mess with it a little. Good thing someone already reviewed it so I didn’t have to make another one of my quickies

quote:
Originally posted by wanfu2k1:
Got mine over the weekend and had a chance to mess with it a little. Good thing someone already reviewed it so I didn't have to make another one of my quickies [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

Awww, but you know you like doing them...

Ended up ordering my copy late, don't know when I'll get it. Been rather busy lately. Hmm, wonder if I can get Ladyphoenix-sama to sign my copy later, could be a collector's item... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
Awww, but you know you like doing them...

But I like other people doing them even more. I like being Lazy, speaking of which where are YOUR reviews [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

I think if you get one of the ‘good endings’ listed in the back of the manual, you receive one of those credit rolls. I’ve received it for the ‘Happy Wedding.’
But man, this game doesn’t give out many hints in the way of dialog, and that irks me to no end. It makes the game somewhat of a drag to play at some spots. I had to snicker when the protagonist provided advice on how to break the ice with teenage girls; way to go, bishoujo game providing dubious advice.

quote:
Originally posted by Sakamoto:
So is there such a thing as getting a “normal” ending in Gibo? You know the boring type of ending where nothing much happens at the end? I’m wondering if that’s what I’ve been getting so far or not. I’ve gotten it twice so far.

If you get one of the numbered endings that are shown in the Gibo manual does the number or title of the ending show up on the screen?

quote:
Originally posted by wanfu2k1:
But I like other people doing them even more. I like being Lazy, speaking of which where are YOUR reviews [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

In a box in the closet next to my self-esteem and sanity...

but the biggest question is…do you like the text editing job???

quote:
Originally posted by ladyphoenix:
but the biggest question is...do you like the text editing job??? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

bows in appreciation of ladyphoenix-sama's editing job [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by Doug (edited 06-11-2004).]

For the record on the cousin issue, throughout history Americans have frequently allowed cousins to marry, and many states still allow it. And in the Islamic world, something like 33% of marriages are between cousins, since they a lot of hang-ups about letting men and women go skiing together. I would think that making all the men hang with the men and all the women stay together too would cause a lot of homosexuality… It’s also legal in Japan (Lynn Minmei and Kyle were cousins in Macross).

quote:
Originally posted by Peter Payne:
For the record on the cousin issue, throughout history Americans have frequently allowed cousins to marry, and many states still allow it.
According to this cousin marriage law map, it's legal [with variations] in about half the states.

Just out of curiousity, I also worked on the text and dialouge editing for Gibo about a year and a half ago, and I did it with another person, Dave Endresak. I haven’t gotten to see the credits for Gibo as of yet, but this question goes to “ladyphoenix”… did you do the final editing, or did Peach Princess completely scrap the previous editing job and start over? I just wanted a little recognition for the work I also did on the editing for Gibo. I am asking in complete respect and politeness to those involved

[This message has been edited by Joshua (edited 06-11-2004).]

quote:
Originally posted by perigee:
[quote] Originally posted by Peter Payne:
[b]For the record on the cousin issue, throughout history Americans have frequently allowed cousins to marry, and many states still allow it.

According to this cousin marriage law map, it's legal [with variations] in about half the states.

[/b] [/quote]

I'm sorry, I have to ask. Someone compiled a map?

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
I'm sorry, I have to ask. Someone compiled a map?

Sure. I've also seen ones compiled for "age of consent" (Sorry, Hawaii boosted their's from 14 to 16...) and another denoting which states sodomy was illegal. Since visual aids tend to help drive points home, you'd be amazed at what kind of compiled maps there are.

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
Sure. I've also seen ones compiled for "age of consent" (Sorry, Hawaii boosted their's from 14 to 16...) and another denoting which states sodomy was illegal. Since visual aids tend to help drive points home, you'd be amazed at what kind of compiled maps there are.

Sodomy! Whoo! :eerie silence: What? I haven't said anything for a while...

------------------
精神 の 神

Overall I thought it wasn’t nearly as cheesy and soap-like as I’d hoped, and I felt your choices in the game had almost no impact on what happened until the very end, at which point the story could veer off in abrupt directions (especially if you weren’t going for a Misako ending). On the other hand, I persevered until I got the happiest ending, and was rewarded with one of the most unintentionally funny parts of any game I’ve played. Was that supposed to be Shiina, or the guy’s dad, or what? Gotta love those special effects.

as far as i know, Joshua, I did the semi-final editing in the game…they sent it to one person after me for final polishing…and don’t worry about getting recognition, no one who worked on the english version got recognition, because they just kept the original japanese credits roll…i was a little disappointed about that, but oh well, what are you gonna do?