Girls who write instead of speak...

I’ve been noticing a growing trend in anime/ero/manga, with girls who write on paper or in notebooks, instead of speaking because they’re shy or a broken larynx.

Wondering exactly what character suddenly made it so uber popular.

Doesn’t that go all the way back to To Heart?

Probably… my ero and manga interests are kinda “limited” as it were… but I’ve been seeing these “scribble girls” popping up more and more with greater frequency.

Like how twincest was all the rage for a time, despite it being around since Godzilla/Mothra days.

Out of curiosity, can you provide links/info on these characters? I know someone like that irl. :slight_smile:

i know of Suzuho Hasegawa from macademi wasshoi is one of the most recent ones

Immediately off the top of my head…

Suzuho Hasegawa from Macademi Wasshoi

Kukuri Tachibana from 11eyes

Sun from Rosario Vampire

Even the type of notepad they carry is the same. Hence my wonder of a “master template” for them. :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT: Two more I just recalled…

Rena from Onihime VS

• I like this series, and think it’s not getting enough love. Basically it’s about this guy who had a bad heart and was going to commit suicide. Before he jumps, the Devil shows up and makes a deal with him for 10 million yen. Basically the boy drinks this potion, and at the end of a year, a demon will kill him for his heart. Since he was going to die anyway… what the hell, right? After drinking the potion, he discovers that EVERY demon in hell wants to eat his heart… and not just in year’s time: right now. Fortunately for him, two beautiful demon sisters (the scribble girl is one of them) show up to be his bodyguard… but they’re only protecting him, so they can eat his heart in a year (longer it lasts, better it gets). We all know the routine: the boy will find a reason to live, and the demon sisters will fall in love with him and not wanna eat his heart, but it’s still interesting to read in the mean time. I expect the harem to grow as well.

Megumi Yamamoto from Special A (Special Note: has a twin brother)

I want to add the contemporary Ayame from GinIro - I just can’t add a screenshot right now but will do so later.

Hey! Hey! The absolute god of silent girls with a notebook is Shion from Shion no Ou. Why is there no reference yet in the thread?! I know she’s only a recent example, but still, she’s like the cuttest creature ever conceived by the human brain.

There’s also Kouzuki Mio, from ONE

EDIT: Picture

Even if you find the master template (if there is just 1) it still doesn’t answer this question:

there is a new girl introduced in needless episode 4
she is the blond girl seen in the ending credits
http://www.youtube.com/watch?eurl=http% … FlMoo4vFx8

Needless- Kuchinashi, silent girl, wrote with notepad as she replied. She was not shy but psycho. >.>

Onidere- Momo, emotionless girl with “outlaw mask”. She replied as used gestures. She didn’t write notepad yet.

EDIT: Needless’s blond girl’s name answered from above poster.

Ah… forgot to mention Meru from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei. She no speakie except through phone text, and when she does make verbal sounds, it’s incoherent noise.

Is there some reason that you are making a post where you quote Narg, but don’t actually say anything yourself michelous?

Canaan’s Hakko, female Borner (another word- mutant). She kept zipped her mouth because her voice will kill people. She used body gesture. I didn’t see she might write, too.