Gun Shield Sakigake RIP

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
but fear not, hopefully we will have games out that are WAY better than this title, just like peter said.

When you say "better games", is that according to your standards? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

I bet they’re Lamuness’s doujin games! No translation required!

Imagines stick-figure romance with elements of Pong

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 01-26-2005).]

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
you'll see...
and if peapri starts working with studio ego i think i will consider quitting my job here...

[This message has been edited by Lamuness (edited 01-26-2005).]

Really? Why is that? I like the artwork from Studio EGO and their gameplay is different from the read and click novel type so that's why I like them.

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Shiki:

*Imagines stick-figure romance with elements of Pong*

Lamuness has some wonderful art. I would really like him to finish Transcience.

quote:
actually, benoit, i thought i told you this awhile ago on IRC so you shouldnt be the one complaining.

But that's EXACTLY WHY I'm complaining! You knew 99% sure that it was canned, and there was no announcement made. Only said in IRC to a few regulars, leaving everyone else in the cold and waiting for the game, anticipating, while it was known to be canned.

I couldn't start a topic over here about it, because, as you said yourself, what happens in the IRC channel stays in the IRC channel.

I severely dislike this repeated witholding information tactic that Peach Princess seems to use. It's what I would call disrespect.

[This message has been edited by Benoit (edited 01-27-2005).]

I canft really say anything since I wasnft in that chat you are talking about but 99% isnft 100%. Ifm not backing up anybody, but companies donft announce that the project gmighth be canned to public. They only announce it once itfs a 100% go. This will apply for any industry

quote:
Originally posted by Nameless Mofo:
I was so much looking forward to another genre-bender like Brave Soul, the standard ADV fare can get so tedious and repetitive sometimes.

Same here. I hope one of these "way better games" is going to be an appropriate replacement for Sakigake. A bishoujo game with strategy elements like the Eushully games Genrin no Kishogun 2 or Kutei Senki would be great but the chances that it`s something like this are probably close to zero.

quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:
But that's EXACTLY WHY I'm complaining! You knew 99% sure that it was canned, and there was no announcement made. Only said in IRC to a few regulars, leaving everyone else in the cold and waiting for the game, anticipating, while it was known to be canned.

I couldn't start a topic over here about it, because, as you said yourself, what happens in the IRC channel stays in the IRC channel.

That's the way companies work, Benoit. It's called public relations. They chose to wait to announce it until they thought the timing was favorable. I suppose they didn't want to put a damper on the buzz surrounding LMMD by announcing something depressing like this. Personally, I don't begrudge them their choice, as long as they keep the announcement somewhat timely, which in this case they have. One month isn't a lot, considering we probably wouldn't have seen it on the market for another several months.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 01-27-2005).]

quote:
Not really since only once you start working on a game do you know the problems with it.

At that point in time, the game was already worked on, and they were as good as certain to pull the plug on the project.

Oh well I guess I better get started on the other games on my list. I really want to sit in a corner and pout (if I was 16 years younger). With GSS out of the way I guess I can get my copy of LMM and enjoy that until one of the X-Change games comes out. It’s a real shame it couldn’t be released, it was such a differnt type of b-game than what you normally find in the market here in the states.

quote:
[quote] actually, benoit, i thought i told you this awhile ago on IRC so you shouldnt be the one complaining.

I severely dislike this repeated witholding information tactic that Peach Princess seems to use. It's what I would call disrespect.

[This message has been edited by Benoit (edited 01-27-2005).] [/quote]

Mind if i ask wich channel do u use to chat on irc?

quote:
At that point in time, the game was already worked on, and they were as good as certain to pull the plug on the project.

when we run to those issues i mentioned, we did give ourselves a chance to contact digital monkey....and giving them time to respond is a very reasonable thing to do, you actually want us to cancel the project if they didn't respond in 24 hrs? and plus, im sure you guys know that peter is a pretty persistent person in that he will not give up on any project that easily unless he really has to; just look at transfer student. and again, we did not DECIDE to cancel sakigake until xmas time, and im sure i didn't tell you about it until that time anyways.

nevertheless, at least this gives me a good reason to keep my mouth shut on one more person from now on, if people are so sensitive to it. consider yourself lucky that i was nice enough to leak some info from time to time on here or IRC. and keep in mind that i am NOT the one responsible for making official announcements either.

as for the future line-ups for games, the only "solid" game we are working on is XC3, and other mentioned games have their own issues which most of you are aware of by now. others? given someone's attitude i'm afraid i will have to keep my mouth shut, sorry guys.

and studio ego....just have a personal grudge against the company and the artist that's all (again, just a personal thing, has nothing to do with peapri). simply put, i *personally* dont like their games, their story or their art.

I for one appreciate the info you occasionally release to us, Lamuness. Thanks to your comments about the situation with Sakigake, I was able to judge for myself that it wouldn’t be coming out any time soon, in the best case scenario. Had I not been made aware of such issues early on…THEN I would have been quite angry right about now. As it is, I’m merely disappointed.

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Shiki:
I for one appreciate the info you occasionally release to us, Lamuness. Thanks to your comments about the situation with Sakigake, I was able to judge for myself that it wouldn't be coming out any time soon, in the best case scenario. Had I not been made aware of such issues early on...THEN I would have been quite angry right about now. As it is, I'm merely disappointed.

I'm another one who appreciates your info...

Lamuness: Just today i got a copy of GSS in Jap (Im not the only b-gamer in Arg. but i may be the only one that cant read Jap [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/frown.gif[/img] )
and for the little i played, the battles werent actually that much (just as u said) but it was kinda fun...
But overall, BS was hundreds of times better... just my opinion though

Well, I wasn’t told about the circumstances early on. But I do realize that games get cancelled. I appreciated Lamuness informing us of why PeaPri decided to cancel GSS. I only hope that whatever next PeaPri decides to do will be at least as interesting.

quote:
Originally posted by Darkstar:
I only hope that whatever next PeaPri decides to do will be at least as interesting.

Let's hope it's something like Itsuka no sora or Vie - Itsuka no natsu no hi from Will's label Sweet Basil...

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:
Umm ... how about a translation for the tiles first, then we grumble about what is comming next. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

Please believe me:
You don't WANT me to translate these titles. Particularly for "Itsuka no sora", I can't come up with something appropriate.
... and if you want to investigate the original japanese games, you will have to use the original names anyway because no official translation exists so far.

However, you should have an idea about the nature of the story in these games because they are from "Sweet Basil", the brand that made Little My Maid, Snow Drop and Critical Point.

Well, there seem to be plenty of people here who do… ^^;;

And for the record, the title “Itsuka no Sora” really doesn’t translate well. At all. >
>

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:
I'll take a CRUMMY translation. Now If I could could read japanese to find out what the games are, would I be buying ENGLISH versions of the game?

I would, even if i can find out what the game is all about, i want to know the plot perfectly (something that in jap, i can just dream of...)

quote:
Originally posted by Dark Lord Zenigame:
Well, there seem to be plenty of people here who do... ^_^;;

Well, perhaps not plenty, but a few of us nutcases exist indeed... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by Dark Lord Zenigame:
And for the record, the title "Itsuka no Sora" really doesn't translate well. At all. >_>

Exactly. After all, I tried before I made that other post.
... and even if I would have found a suitable translation, if would have told nothing about what really goes on in that game.