Gun Shield Sakigake RIP

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:

I'll take a CRUMMY translation. Now If I could could read japanese to find out what the games are, would I be buying ENGLISH versions of the game?

Well that hasn't stopped me yet [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img] Oh and so far Soul Link is way more linear than I thought it would be.

Too bad that the gamr has been canceled.
But at least now we nknow where we stand and dont have to wait.
I hope the now free resources will be used well to bring us more games.

I was looking forward to it, because the Sci Fi theme has been a bit neglected.
Onle the very good critical point so far.

Have considered Baldr Force from GIGA? That game really rocks .

quote:
Originally posted by Duran:
Have considered Baldr Force from GIGA? That game really rocks [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img].

Indeed, i have it (that and CRC are the only games in jap i have...)
and i still have LOTS of probs installing it, every time i insert the disc, it takes me to a webpage in jap were i only se '???????'(dont support jap chars)
Still, great battles. if u play it, and u tell me u didn't enjoy it, i would take your for an insane person.....

Heh. If PeaPri was to get rights to translate Giga’s games, I’d be one of the first in line to preorder. ^^;;

Too bad it’s an incredibly unlikely situation…

But still, if there’s a possibility of having something other than Cd Bros, Will and Crowd games in English, I’ll be glad. ^
^

[This message has been edited by Dark Lord Zenigame (edited 01-28-2005).]

quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
Please believe me:
You don't WANT me to translate these titles. Particularly for "Itsuka no sora", I can't come up with something appropriate.
... and if you want to investigate the original japanese games, you will have to use the original names anyway because no official translation exists so far.

However, you should have an idea about the nature of the story in these games because they are from "Sweet Basil", the brand that made Little My Maid, Snow Drop and Critical Point.

Sweet Basil was disbanded, remember?

And Critical Point was Sweet Basil? Really? I thought it was plain vanilla Will... Must be losing my mind again ...

awww, not baldrforce again…

but for the sake of argument since someone mentioned it here, if by chance peapri gets baldrforce, would you consider that to be “way better games” me and peter mentioned?

of course, the chance of us getting giga is, like someone just said, unlikely :stuck_out_tongue:

quote:
Originally posted by Lamuness:
But for the sake of argument since someone mentioned it here, if by chance peapri gets baldrforce, would you consider that to be "way better games" me and peter mentioned?

Um, hell yes. :p

I know someone with it and it's a really good game in my opinion, in both story and gameplay.

quote:
of course, the chance of us getting giga is, like someone just said, unlikely :P

^_^;;

Naturally. :p

But Giga excluded, more developers means a wider pool of good games to release. And there are plenty of companies out there who make games that have lots of both sex and story, to appease both factions of bishoujo game fans. ^_^

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
And Critical Point was Sweet Basil? Really? I thought it was plain vanilla Will... Must be losing my mind again ...

Yep, CP was from Sweet basil.

quote:
Sweet Basil was disbanded, remember?

Yup it was. Still we got LMM after that.

So, I would only drop any hopes regarding further titles from Sweet Basil after either Lamuness or Peter tells us that there is none.

quote:
Must be losing my mind again ...

While you are at it:
May I please have my soul back? Thank you! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/tongue.gif[/img]
quote:
Originally posted by Unicorn:
Yup it was. Still we got LMM after that.

I think that was only because the translation started well before the disbanding. And they did have to work on it for years...

Yeah, I wouldn’t expect any more titles to from a disbanded company to come to our shores. Recall that localizing titles requires cooperation with the original company to solve technical issues with the engine and such, as well as to uncensor the graphics. Little My Maid was already in progress, so PP had an investment that they needed to recoup. They won’t launch a project from scratch with a company that’s already gone.

Well, like others I can’t say I’m shocked, although I’m very very dissapointed. Thanks for trying, it wasn’t even supposed to be a Peapri game to begin with anyways. Will we ever see another non AVG B-game again? Who knows.