Gun Shield Warrior SAKIGAKE release?

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
In other words this is par for the course or, situtation normal all f-ed up, for Hobibox when it comes to releasing games? They talk big but come through on those promises slowly?

*shrug* Hard to say really. I havn't paid as much attention to their games as I have to others. I get the impression that they get even less support from their Japanese counterpart than PeaPri does and that's part of their problem, but that's just my opinion.

quote:
Originally posted by ekylo:
*shrug* Hard to say really. I havn't paid as much attention to their games as I have to others. I get the impression that they get even less support from their Japanese counterpart than PeaPri does and that's part of their problem, but that's just my opinion.

Well that would make sense, but then why have a US counterpart if you don't give a crap about them, and perhaps forget the question because it will be too much into politics if not please answer.

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
Well that would make sense, but then why have a US counterpart if you don't give a crap about them, and perhaps forget the question because it will be too much into politics if not please answer.

Because you thought it would be better than it turned out to be. Because you thought you'd have more time to help than you would. Because you didn't think you'd need to help. Because they were very persistent and really wanted it, so you finally caved in. Because you don't think it will be profitable, but you wish it was.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
Because you thought it would be better than it turned out to be. Because you thought you'd have more time to help than you would. Because you didn't think you'd need to help. Because they were very persistent and really wanted it, so you finally caved in. Because you don't think it will be profitable, but you wish it was.

In other words you didn't carefully think through the most likely possibilities versus what you hope prior to making the deal, got stuck and are trying to back out, my interpertation.

Mmm, I’m not sure that’s fair. I think Nandemonai-san was listing some possible reasons, not from any particular inside knowledge (AFAIK??).

Remember that nobody can know the future. When you set out on an enterprise, then certainly try to count the cost and make sure it’s something that you think will work… but no plan can predict everything. Whether they’re busier than they expected, or the Western buyers are more recalcitrant than expected, or whatever else it might be, it’s not necessarily something they could have predicted.

Of course, I’m as irritated as everyone else at the games not being ready on schedule / not having a release schedule. And there are things they could do, I’m sure. But we don’t know the details of the relationship between their Western and J offices, and so we can’t really say “you shouldn’t have even tried”…

quote:
Originally posted by chronoluminaire:
Mmm, I'm not sure that's fair. I think Nandemonai-san was listing some possible reasons, not from any particular inside knowledge (AFAIK??).

Yeah, that's right.

actually I refered to working designs for all the delays they have releasing their games heheh.

quote:
Mmm, I'm not sure that's fair. I think Nandemonai-san was listing some possible reasons, not from any particular inside knowledge (AFAIK??).

Remember that nobody can know the future. When you set out on an enterprise, then certainly try to count the cost and make sure it's something that you think will work... but no plan can predict everything. Whether they're busier than they expected, or the Western buyers are more recalcitrant than expected, or whatever else it might be, it's not necessarily something they could have predicted.

Of course, I'm as irritated as everyone else at the games not being ready on schedule / not having a release schedule. And there are things they could do, I'm sure. But we don't know the details of the relationship between their Western and J offices, and so we can't really say "you shouldn't have even tried"...

You are irhgt one cannot know every possible outcome, but it is possible to do a risk analysis, see what several of the most likely outcomes are and then from there take those and see which of those is most likely and take a course of action. That is what I mean by thinking things through carefully.

This title is obviously up in the air, sorry that we can’t do anything to dissolve the clouds around it. I will be seeing what I can do about getting the game out for everyone though. I want to play it too!

quote:

Remember that nobody can know the future. When you set out on an enterprise, then certainly try to count the cost and make sure it's something that you think will work... but no plan can predict everything. Whether they're busier than they expected, or the Western buyers are more recalcitrant than expected, or whatever else it might be, it's not necessarily something they could have predicted.

You are correct. The original post said "why would you make a business relationship that you later abandon"? And...well, there are a lot of answers to that. Some devious ("it was an elaborate trap for some third party"), some irresponsible ("we didn't read the contract"), and then some that are totally unpredictable. Megatech tried to release the Dragon Knight series over here, and gave it what was at the time a rather good localization. It failed, I don't know why, but essentially their target market did not exist. Now, a Japanese firm couldn't possibly have known this ahead of time.

There are a LOT of reasons, which don't all boil down to "not thinking it through". The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry. Even a careful, considered strategy may fail - hidden risks, changing environments, even natural disasters (anyone seen the Island episodes of Nadia?) all can have an adverse effect.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
There are a LOT of reasons, which don't all boil down to "not thinking it through". The best laid plans of mice and men often go awry. Even a careful, considered strategy may fail - hidden risks, changing environments, even natural disasters (anyone seen the Island episodes of Nadia?) all can have an adverse effect.

I have some faith in humanity enough to say that in this case no one had evil intentions in trying to put someone else in bad light or anything like that, and it is true natural disasters can have adverse effect. See as someone that builds surveys and does surveys the most common factor I have found behind the reasons for these things happening is simply not thinking it through, people don't consider the worst case scenario and instead think only this is a great idea. At least that is what I have found from some of the survey data I have collected for professors and for my own pay check.