Guys, need your views here

I think mockingbird hit upon a loophole, but it’d make Bill Clinton proud. Saying he did not “order”, “buy”, or “own” is not inconsistent with having preordered, but not actually bought/picked up, the game. Of course, this person ALSO claimed to not want the game, which would make preordering it an “interesting” thing to explain.

i agree that so far the best defense is mockingbird’s, but we will see…

i still would like to give this thread abit some time to hear more from people first before i make my conclusion, but personally i am very interested about the “ownership” issue (because part of the big question is, does he actually own the game), maybe i will find out if i choose to approach him later on

[ 03-29-2007, 12:46 AM: Message edited by: Lamuness - BBS Admin ]

I don’t understand why an entire thread needs to be dedicated to this issue when you can just talk to the guy and point out his contradiction.

well while you may be the type who would go straight to an argument right away (or at least it seems to be that way from your recent posts), i like to in a sense tread carefully since there is no turning back otherwise

so you think i should confront him?

He forgot he pre-ordered it and then later found some note that he had.

or;

He pre-ordered it and was going to give it to you as a present so he told he the tales. Then he discovered you had it, if you do, or you didn’t want it, etc so he is now telling you he owns it.

or

He is actually not telling the truth.

I don’t know it sounds like he might have got a copy somewhere and is trying to cover up where the copy came from.

It doesn’t have to be an argument. I mean, nothing wrong with asking a person why they’re saying something else than before. You’re not making accusations.

I agree with Benoit on this one. Just ask him, clarifying that you remember him saying he didn’t own or want the game before but now he’s saying he owns it via pre-order, so you’re confused. You aren’t trying to call him out that way, but instead simply seeking clarification of a contradiction. Just word it carefully so it doesn’t sound like you’re accusing him. We can speculate all day, but only the guy in question can answer. =P

If he lied, or was telling the truth because another guy could be the one who pre-order it! then… There’s 2 things you could do Lamuness. :slight_smile:

1. Like Benoit said, just talk to the guy, one point is refrain the situation if he currently owns the game and if he does then why he waited for soo long to mention it. Every time I buy something and open it is because I like the product but I don’t return it just because I don’t like it (though you can return it if its sealed). I return the product because it could be damaged or defective… hey even big brands like sony out of 1,000,000, 3 could be defective or damaged, that’s when 7, 14, 30, 60 day’s etc. money-back guarantee applies but in this case don’t open the product, just return it back for your money-back if you aren’t satisfied. :slight_smile:
  1. well the issue is that i am not sure if the guy owns the game, but i personally doubt that being the case given the contradictions, and it has nothing to do with damaged/defective products

2. no ssagura, this has absolutely nothing to do with an ordering problem here at pp or gc (i would have stated so from the beginning otherwise)

seems like i am getting a bit of pressure from people here to pursue the guy (although i am not saying that you guys are wrong in telling me to do so)…very well, i will give this thread a bit more time (it’s been only a day or so since the first post afterall) and i may see into talking to the guy early next week; i have some matters that i need to look into first this easter weekend

ADD:
actually i believe that peter has a similar policy as well for peapri, although i am not 100% sure since i do not deal with the sales department, anyways just fyi

ADD #2:
drat, i mixed up thinking that this weekend is easter when it is supposed to be next week, never mind what i said :stuck_out_tongue:

[ 03-29-2007, 08:03 PM: Message edited by: Lamuness - BBS Admin ]

ok, easter’s over…

guys, since so far none of you was able to give me a convincing defense for this person, i am going to put the situation into terms and references that you guys can relate to. anyhow this is about XC3 and a certain BBS member:

so there is this b-game that was first released in january

XC3 was released in july of last year, mainly in anime expo (i dont think i need any proof regarding this; we have tons of con attendees at witnesses anyways)…i have purposely shifted the time in my “what-if” situation to the beginning of the year, to make the time lapse easier to understand

i have this acquaintance who, during march and in subsequent months (ie a couple of months after the game was released) said multiple times that he did not order/own/bought the game and refuses to buy it

we have a member on the bbs who have made statements that he will not or did not purchase XC3:

it’s july, roughly half a year after the game was released. now the dude said that he “pre-ordered” (and therefore, owns) the EXACT SAME game in question

and we all know that peapri has no preorder version or second batch releases or download versions for this game.

if any of you guys would like to defend this bbs member in question, please feel free to do so

but on to my main point:
i have been extremely lenient with the whole xc3 issue from the beginning. even though coolgamer has turned several topics sour and literally getting on my nerves, and i am very much on the verge of pressing the BAN button, since i am a nice guy i have been holding off as i could not convince myself to give him the boot yet…until last month when i see that blurb about download jp version of the game via a torrent

i myself, as well as peach princess, have zero tolerance on advocating piracy in any sort of manner, and i personally have a even more major problem for a person who has done it (downloading the jp version) and walking around here telling people outright that he has a justified excuse for it and has no regrets of doing so.

just fyi, especially for coolgamer’s… given the evidences above, i have reason not to believe that you legally own an english version of xc3. and even if you do, it DOES NOT legally give you the right to download the japanese version since legally it is a different title. you are only legally entitled to download or backup a copy of the EXACT title you own, and in this case it will be the english version and not the japanese version.

now, some of you may ask…why am i dugging this up/what took you so long? because i will not allow, regardless of when it happened, people going about this bbs giving others false impressions on actions that are illegal otherwise (regardless of intent), especially if it is directly infringing titles that peach princess has international rights to. and of course, the purpose of this thread is to point out his possible contradictions and shoot down his so-called “ethical right” of downloading the JP version from a torrent, and before making this thread it took me 2 weeks talking with people (in private) over this issue, hence the delay.

and just some fyi, back in october peter has already contacted coolgamer via email that he is willing to give him a refund for the game if he is not satisfied…but no response from him at all, which added to our suspicions (although personally i will give him the benefit of doubt of purchasing the game elsewhere since the customer has the right to buy the game from anywhere as long as it’s legal, but even so he’s still contradicting himself)…anyhow, that’s why and how i have been watching him closely regarding his legitimacy the whole time.

finally, how will crowd feel if they somehow find out that we allow people here on the BBS talk about how rightful it is to download JP versions of their games illegally from torrents?

Therefore, effective immediately, coolgamer is banned from the Peach Princess BBS on the basis of piracy and advocating piracy, and all violating posts will be edited and/or deleted accordingly at Peach Princess’ discretion.

And why wasn’t this offered to anyone else who was displeased with their purchase and made it known on the BBS?

Cause no one else made as much of an *$$ of themselves I’d guess.

[aside1]IMO the stuff coolgamer posted about the XC3 changes was informative when there was no other source of that information. While I don’t have a problem with PeaPri editing the content for the US market, I am curious what was left out.[/aside1]

[aside2]It’s possible from the way the posts are listed here that coolgamer did borrow the game from a friend who preordered it (possibly from Rightstuf or somewhere else) and later (having never given it back) recalled it as being his own. Still, when the admins tell you to back off or you may get banned, you should back off.[/aside2]

What about Velsper? Velsper was the one who first brought the censoring up and one of the most vocal about it. I believe there’s even a post or several where it’s stated that a patch or refund is expected.

then ask Velsper? For all you know one was offered and e simply didn’t talk about it afterwards.

Regardless of how one feels about moral rights it should be obvious that it’s not in PP’s interest to have any discussion of infringing things going on here. this isn’t a private discussion, this is a very public company-sponsored board that people turn to as an OFFICIAL SUPPORT RESOURCE.

Sometimes we forget that as we’re used to hanging out with each other here, and our moderator tends to speak more as a gang member than as the Voice Of Authority. Gentle reminders are welcome. :slight_smile:

2nd paragraph there is a very important point.

I just reread the XC3 petition thread. The way I interpret it (sorry if I’m wrong) is that CG pirated the game from somewhere.

Velsper: wow. glad I didn’t have to read his posts before.

Well, for all we know the terms CG was offered weren’t acceptable to him. As far as we know he never got the offer. For all we know there never was any offer.

It’s not like he has the oppertunity to say mum about it.

And even if Velsper hadn’t talked about it I find it reasonable that Peter or Lamuness would have taken the oppertunity to mention that they’d righted a percieved wrong.

[ 04-10-2007, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: Raww ]

well well well…if it isn’t velsper back on this bbs again using proxies from china/brazil and under a different username, after i banned him half a year ago…why so sneaky all of a sudden and refer to velsper as third person?

anyhow, since i have banned velsper before on the basis of repeatedly making derogatory posts and personal attacks (even after issuing warnings), as a bbs admin i have every reason to ban raww and other decoy accounts as well, and i will keep banning possible suspicious decoy and delete posts as necessary.

with that, to avoid derailing this thread any further (this is about initially about banning a member) i am going to close this thread