Haiku

I am intrigued by your ideas, and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

O.O i think my Brain Fried just a little. That was Long but i laughed ALOT. and it made me think of Rei Y_Y why did the game end. Dark Corner

But i think i can Remember Some as long as there isn’t an Memorization Test

Grey Smoke Flows From Lips
Maiden to Cherry Petals
Chaos in her Soul

I did one Looking on a Pic of Rei. It was more of a Description down in Haiku Format i think though. Smoke from Smoking. Shrine Maiden obvious. and the Chaos was her Life as a Maiden and her dream.

I also Was reading more on Haiku. A few Different places say that English Haiku should be Done in 3-5-3. I quoted this of a Site.

I was thinking of Trying it though i am not very talented at this i don’t think but it is kinda Fun

I apologize for the thread necromancy, but I thought I might share a haiku I recently wrote while I was stuck trying to compose something for my Japanese III class. While Japanese haiku are traditionally written in a single vertical line from what I’ve read, I’ll present it here in the more familiar English style of three lines.

???
???
???

Now for my translation for those of you who don’t know Japanese:

Autumn colors below
moon and stars above
I wonder at the beautiful sight.

Here are a few things about the translation that should be known. First, since momiji (??, ???) can be written two different ways (the other being the less common ??), the particular characters I chose bring to mind the crimson leaves of a Japanese maple. In fact, momiji is the abbreviated form of the full name for a Japanese maple. Also, the characters I chose, when read as kouyou (???), means red leaves. Lastly, the “I wonder at” part of the final line is a rough attempt at me translating the kireji (???, ???), or cutting word, I used. It was a challenge putting one in, given that I was only able to find good explanations on two of them.

Its pretty cool IMO

I also wanna try:

Got a harem
nurses,maids,catgirls, twins
I feel tired.

Is this okay according to the rules? Corrct me if I am wrong.

Well, since you invited corrections, I have a few to give you. First, if you want to strictly adhere to the 5-7-5 syllable rule (something that isn’t necessarily required), all your lines are missing one each. It breaks up like this in terms of syllables:

Got/a/har/em
nurs/es/maids/cat/girls/twins
I/feel/ti/red

The word “feel” falls in a kind of gray area. In the dictionaries I looked in, it is official one syllable. However, in common usage, sometimes depending on how quickly a person is speaking, I have also heard it as two. The only other thing is you are missing spaces after two of your commas.

Here’s something for Kana:

Delicate winter
Flower of my aching heart
Growing no longer

And someone asked about the word violet - I pronounce it with two syllables when using it in conversation and three when reading it slowly as in poetry, so I guess you could go either way.

Simply beautiful Jack of Tears.

One snow flake
Will melt frozen hearts
warm coolness

How is that for a more, say serious and honest effort?

Guess I’ll jump into the pond as well.

Dark Crown is rising
Bat winged demons crave for girls
Evil seems prevail

This is what I’ve comeup with, after some research
A blind Man’s wish

I love nights,most,
for they are the only truth
my eyes ever see.

Not bad, though I don’t know I’d call it “a blind man’s wish” - maybe, “Affirmation of the dark”, after all, it isn’t about the person’s wish, but his existence. Still, good job there.

The last line doesn’t quite work … perhaps “evil will prevail”? “Evil may prevail”?

Hmm, how about “A blind man’s dream”

Sorrow from the Stars
Your Eyes shine with blue Starlight
A single tear falls

-best I could come up with on Short notice…

Thank you for correction, and sorry for late response, Jack of Tears. Actually I was thinking of ‘Evil shall prevail’, but the whole lines sounded too dark. The word ‘seem’ left room for a little hope, that evil can be stopped.