Half praise, half question regarding Tottemo Pheromone

While I thought the game was ‘meh’ in the beginning, I’m starting to warm up to the characters and the extra epilogue at the end of each good ending is the icing on the cake, few games let you take a first person perspective from the girlfriend, I was especially charmed by Kaori.

Yeah, this game has got all the stereotypes, the childish looking lolicon girl, the demure colleague, the mature mother figure, the hard working New Woman, but I’m still very impressed by the characterization of each one.

So now that I finished praising Tottemo Pheromone, where’s the fast message skipping? The message skip is sooooooooooooo slow!

quote:
Originally posted by bokmeow:
While I thought the game was 'meh' in the beginning, I'm starting to warm up to the characters and the extra epilogue at the end of each good ending is the icing on the cake, few games let you take a first person perspective from the girlfriend, I was especially charmed by Kaori.

Yeah, this game has got all the stereotypes, the childish looking lolicon girl, the demure colleague, the mature mother figure, the hard working New Woman, but I'm still very impressed by the characterization of each one.

So now that I finished praising Tottemo Pheromone, where's the fast message skipping? The message skip is sooooooooooooo slow!

I have discovered how to message skip it very quickly as fast as the "Come See Me tonight" message skip!! I don't know if others know about this ??? The secret to the Quick message skip is by running " The Sims " game , if you have it then press Alt+Tab so that the game screen of "the Sims" would be minimized then you can start your game , the message skip becomes incredibly fast !!!! It only works on " The Sims" I tried other programs but it didn't have the same effect !!! I hope this helps you Bokmeow !!!!! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

[This message has been edited by dexter (edited 11-01-2003).]

You can set the message skip speed quicker by making the text appear at the fastest setting.

------------------
“His last thought is wry, Not bad for a dead man.” Moon Knight vol.1, #1 (1980)

quote:
Originally posted by Doug:
You can set the message skip speed quicker by making the text appear at the fastest setting.

I also did that , but it is still slow I don't think that will help !!! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by Doug:

Yeah, I tried this and it didn't work.

quote:
Yeah, I tried this and it didn't work.

Have you tried my suggestion yet?? it really works because I've done it many times before !! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

quote:
Originally posted by dexter:
Have you tried my suggestion yet?? it really works because I've done it many times before !! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

It sounds like maybe the clock cycles are accelerated for some reason while running The Sims at the same time? I know weird shit like that happens when I play some games while another application is open. But I'm hoping there's a free solution and not a $24.95 solution of buying the sims because my hardware cannot process those requirements.

quote:
It sounds like maybe the clock cycles are accelerated for some reason while running The Sims at the same time? I know weird shit like that happens when I play some games while another application is open. But I'm hoping there's a free solution and not a $24.95 solution of buying the sims because my hardware cannot process those requirements.

Well since I had "the Sims" and all of its expansion pack the message skipping part was never really a problem with me !!! You said that it took you 10 min. to get the first decision with the message skip but if you have "the Sims" running it will only take about 1 to 3 minutes which is a big difference !!! You should try if other programs or games that you have will have the same effect !! But if it doesn't work maybe you could download "The Sims" from me !!! I know it would be "illegal" to do that but I know you wouldn't play it anyway so I don't think it would count !!! I trust that you will only use it for the message skip !!!! [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/smile.gif[/img]

quote:
It sounds like maybe the clock cycles are accelerated for some reason while running The Sims at the same time? I know weird shit like that happens when I play some games while another application is open.

No, the clock speed couldn't possibly be affected. I don't know what The Sims does, so I can't speculate. But I do know that if The Sims sped up the clock on your processor, the makers of the game would have been sued by people whose CPUs were burned up by running the game.

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
No, the clock speed couldn't possibly be affected. I don't know what The Sims does, so I can't speculate. But I do know that if The Sims sped up the clock on your processor, the makers of the game would have been sued by people whose CPUs were burned up by running the game.

Sorry, I'm just talking out of my ass here. Sometimes when I run 2 or more applications at the same time, for unknown reasons the speed of one of them would accelerate. So, that is to say everyone has the same problem of slow ass message skipping?

Please, if anyone has a better solution than purchasing The Sims (and downloading Teh Warez is not an option here) please chime in. It's a difficult job for this reviewer to start from the very beginning and message skip for ten minutes.

quote:
Originally posted by woodelf:
Just what settings are you set at?
There are several ways to skip messages.
A quick check for speed, is the message skip
from the menu is fastest if the graphics mode is set to fast. The BGM also changes
with the text so you may want to change that to off but I have not tried that.

I tried all possible options:
BGM>off
Voice>Off
Sound>Off
Graphics Speed>Fast
Text speed>Fast

Sadly, this is the official word from G-Collections:

quote:
As for the message speed for Tottemo
Pheromone, we are sorry to tell you that that it cannot be adjusted to make
it faster.

So it looks like I have to buy The Sims? [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/frown.gif[/img]

Looks like I will have to mention this in the very last paragraph of my Tottemo Pheromone review.