Hanaukyo Maids

Has anyone seen this anime? I just seen a few episodes today and it’s really cool. One of the characters in it looks very similar to one of the characters in Little My Maid. Does anyone know if Little My Maid is based on this anime (or maybe the other way round)?

Thanks

Hanaukyo Maid Tai (aka Hanaukyo Maids aka Hanaukyo Maid Division aka Hanaukyo Maid Squad) is pretty hilarious. You have to wonder whether Taro is gonna end up swearing off women and becoming gay with the amount of attention and blatent sexuality shoved/embraced/glomped upon him. Especially since he is only 10 years old.

Most reviewers I have read seem to look down on it, though, citing that it is a poor Tenchi clone (ie one guy with lots of women chasing him). One reason why I don’t always pay attention to reviewers unless they have proven their worth (this cuts out the reviewer on IGN that reviewed Love Hina).

Am I the only one who actually liked Love Hina review on IGN ^^;;?
I think it was dead on

only know that it is up to 15 or 18 ep something like that

quote:
Originally posted by tryo_kane:
only know that it is up to 15 or 18 ep something like that

The TV series was 12 episodes and then there were three OAV episodes, I think...

First 12 episodes were from TV and then 3 more episodes came out on OVA. While first 12 episodes went around the main character Taro, OVA showed more detailed stories of some of the main maids, showing their past and such.

I enjoyed the first 12 episodes and due to some unforseen accident, I couldn’t see the OVA episodes. Since it was midnight anime (shows that can air at late night due to some mature contents), it had some adult bishoujo theme to it. Don’t think this series has a chance to come out here though, darn it, due to its contents.

The anime is based on manga series but I heard that manga isn’t that good compared to anime version. I can’t comment much on that since I did not see the manga myself (actually, I didn’t want to get the manga due to that comment ^^ . If anyone has or seen the manga, let us know how it is.

quote:
Originally posted by TurricaN:
Has anyone seen this anime? I just seen a few episodes today and it's really cool. One of the characters in it looks very similar to one of the characters in Little My Maid. Does anyone know if Little My Maid is based on this anime (or maybe the other way round)?

Thanks

I actually watched the first episode and thought it was trash. I suppose it could have gotten better, though. (Or I could have smoked more crack than usual that day. Your call.