HD crash from ladyphoenix - gibo canned

quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:
That last post was strangely contradicting.
?_?

To those who haven't been here long enough, or haven't check all the threads, Ladyphoenix is beta-testing Gibo. Check the previous thread here

As for the meaning of the thread itself, check the date of the first post.

I was talking about SCDawg’s last post, hence “that last post”.

quote:
Originally posted by Benoit:
I was talking about SCDawg's last post, hence "that last post".

Oh... Upsss...

OK, without trying to make sense on what he wrote, basically, if you know the ETA of a game, then, you can set aside some $ for it. However, if you don't know when a game will be released...

quote:
Originally posted by fxho:
Oh... Upsss...

OK, without trying to make sense on what he wrote, basically, if you know the ETA of a game, then, you can set aside some $ for it. However, if you don't know when a game will be released...

You can assume it will come out much sooner than it actually will and attempt to pre-account for it. Usually this doesn't work too well, because the human tendency is to say "well, there is this extra amount here" and use it for something.

In fact, one time I tried to do this I actually forgot about it, and ended up spending all the money - because my balance was off on my bank account, and I had forgotten I'd logged a future debit; so I gradually (totally unintentionally) omitted debits until I arrived at what I thought was the right value. Then I realized what had happened and I was like "...I'm lame, aren't I?"

Nah,I’m asking about what grimg-san said,coz if what he means by eta is the same as ekylo-san said,I can’t figure out what he will use it for.But if the eta is estimated time for arrival then it pretty much make sense

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:
Have you been smoking my crack? Again?

Well, it was a holiday weekend after all... [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/biggrin.gif[/img]

Hmm, it would be rather disturbing if he was asking for a reliable Japanese eta wouldn't it? Actually, if it had been capitalized as "ETA" I think my brain wouldn't have been as confused. Or if it hadn't been specifically on this board, I tend to think with more Japanese terms here. Just one of the silly things that comes up when I have parts of different languages stuck in my brain...

Hmm, even knowing an ETA doesn't really help set aside a budget for it because ETA's can be very off. Remember the original ETA for LMM? You'd have had that amount set aside for something like two years now. [img]http://princess.cybrmall.net/ubb/wink.gif[/img]

Haha, you guys are so wacky…