Here I come Japan!!!

Hey fellow game guys and gals, after a long absence from these boards I’ve returned in hopes of seeking assistance in planning my trip to Japan that I’ll be taking in November of this year with a friend (and fellow gamer) of mine.

I have a special idea in mind for my trip though. Ok, probably not the most original, but what I’m wanting to do is visit sites and locations from Bishoujo Games… and since I’ve had a long absence from these games I’m really going to need some help with that.

So for you avid players out there, give me the title of a game and a location or site from it that might be worth adding to my itinerary. Speaking of which, my itinerary has nothing on it right now.

Of course I understand that many games are primarily fictional, but even those games there are most likely something similar somewhere in Japan. Grant it, I can’t afford to do everything, but I figure everyone would have fun with this and in the end I can pick and choose.

Oh, and one last thing… for those of you who actually live/have lived, frequent Japan, one thing we are really wanting to do is see a Geisha perform… I’ve heard everything from impossible to “how much money do you have”… could I get opinions or ideas from you on how to go about doing that, if it is even possible…?

Please feel free to add “must sees” for a first time trip as well…

Thanks so much everyone head a time…

A typical must-see should be the historical area around Kyoto - the old capital! You may also visit it in memoriam the Kyoto-arc of Rurouni Kenshin… :wink:

However, that is a manga/anime and not a game.
Cities that are related to games?
Hmmmm…
Dai Akuji takes place in Oosaka… :stuck_out_tongue:

EDT:
But if it doesn’t have to be an ADULT game, then you may take the Sakura Taisen-series as a pretext for visiting Tokyo. But then, you also have to visit the empirial opera-house… :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmmm… does anybody here know a good game-reason for sending them to Hokkaido, Okinawa and Shikoku?

[ 06-26-2006, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: Unicorn ]

Hmmm…
Can’t think of any Bishoujo game going to Okinawa, but if we stay with the anime/manga theme you should go to Sendai and Okinawa where Keitaro, Narusegawa and Mutsumi (Love Hina) went.

OOhh by the way this just sprang to mind, (but maybe its just a little bit off your travel route), in Secret Wifes Club Chisato meets the main character on Bali so there’s one for you :wink:

[ 06-26-2006, 03:33 PM: Message edited by: Thomas ]

As the Japanese sometimes say, “Have a fun!”

Is the Rosetta Stone program worth getting to learn Japanese? Or should I just hire my girlfriend’s teacher…