Hi to all, I am new here

I just want to say hello to all of you, as you can see this is my first posting…I just discovered your forum and it seems very interesting around here, very friendly people and interesting topics…

Well I just started my Bishoujo game “career” at the beginning of this week…a friend of mine introduced me to the game “come see me tonight” and I was fascinated by the storytelling and the erotic atmosphere…
So finally I decided to “kill” my budget by ordering the games:
DiviDead
Gloria
Casual Romance Club
and Virgin Roster
I hope the choice wasn’t all that bad…??

Many greetings to you
Jarod

Welcome Jarod

Well you will hear mixed opinions on Virgin Roster, but I think you will like Casual Romance Club a lot. It is very enjoyable game, and have you tried games such as Kana or Crescendo ? Many here, including myself will highly recommend those games to you.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 02-19-2004).]

Welcome Jarod-san…

Hmm, hard to say if your choices were bad or not, it more or less depends on you and what you like. Virgin Roster is a ‘dark’ title, which isn’t to everyone’s liking. Gloria is a bit dated and one of the few games I’ll admit that it’s almost impossible to get all the ending without a FAQ, but some people like the challenge. DiviDead does well in as a horror genre game, although I found the storyline very confusing. Havn’t played CRC myself although I mainly have heard good things about it. (And yes, I did order it finally, I’ll play it once it comes in so stop bugging me about it… ) Definitely an interesting mix. Let us know how you like the games.

Many thanks for your kind replies, SCDawg and ekylo! I haven’t tried Kana or Crescendo, yet, but I am happy about every recommendation I can receive…so I will definitely check these out…
Regarding my choice I wanted to select a wide variation of themes to see what finally will bring the most enjoyment so I will have to wait, see and check… If you’re interested I will tell you about my experiences…

greetz
Jarod

Welcome, Jarod! Hey, you guys, greet him! in a few seconds, Jarod is buried beneath a pile of happy, bouncing lemons Ok, that’s enough, you guys!

Well, you want recommendations? Well, I myself would first and foremostly recommend you to get Brave Soul, Tokimeki Check-In, Xchange2 (and if you want, XC1) or Kana. About Virgin Roster, through… I dunno if that is the best choice you could make if you want a dark game… I’d rather recommend you to wait for Peach Princess to release Gibo (which shouldn’t be too far away now) if you want a dark game.

But your other choices shouldn’t be too bad; I haven’t played those myself but I’ve heard many good things about them, so good luck with them!

Hello, and welcome board!! (^_^)v

If you like good storytelling, so bishojo games like Crescendo and Kana-Little Sister are a must. About your choices, i liked very much Dividead and Gloria. Casual Romance Club and Virgin Roster i didn’t play yet, so i dunno about them. Give a try.

For more info about other games, check reviewers sites, like:
http://www.hentaineko.com/
http://www.gamelexgs.com/
http://www.animetric.com/

I am sure you will find many and many reviewers sites here. And of course, try resellers sites like Himeya, G-Collections, Peachprincess itself, Jastusa and J-List.

By the way… if you really want to know what Bishojo game is about, check this link:
http://www.freetype.net/features/games/galgame/

hey now, don’t forget my website!!! i have lots and lots of reviews!

welcome welcome! Spec has already given you the lemon welcome, so I guess all that is left is a little happy Goddess Bouncing! ::bounce bounce bounce::

as for your choices, they are pretty much very good, although from what I have heard, Virgin Roseter is the worst of the dark titles you could have bought…just remember not to make a judgement on bishoujo games as a whole based on that

As the primary editor/tester for Gibo, I can definately recommend it as a great darker title with a decent storyline…so if you are interested in darker titles, get that one when PeaPri finally releases it

Well you got a good mix there in your selections Jarod. Once you played the games and figure out which type of games you like give us a buzz and we’ll give you more suggestions Although I say everyone needs to get cresendo since I’m such a cresendo fanboy

Again, many thanks for your kind replies…wow what a nice bunch of people here…unfortunately I have to wait a few days more until my games arrive…ngngngngn…I will definitely try out your suggestions, many thanks for the recommendations…mhhh seems Virgin Roster is a bit of a controversial issue…well, I will see when it arrives…(hopefully soon)…

greetz to all
Jarod

now I will go and check out those links you offered

Nice to show up to the peaperi Jarod. Will the game you choose is depends on you. For my self I like the RPG,ADV,and etc. Also, I’m collecting japanaese Bishojo games.
For my recomendation you might get Trabulance Bishojo Games. They always end with happy ending. So if you like that kind of games, you should get it.
If you like to review the Bishojo Games you can chack on past topics. They have lot of reviews. Anyway, will come to the peaperi(Peach Princess)

Yeah we have reviews and discussions for about every bishoujo game that was released in the past few years here Just do a search for the title and make sure you have it display all past threads over a year and you should find them. I know I pretty much had my say on all the g-coll games except 1

Um, welcome! Though I’m newer here than you are. :stuck_out_tongue:

Every bishoujo gamer should have Brave Soul, in my and many others’ opinion. I feel this game will be THE hit to be remembered, and maybe noticed by the Japanese companies? o_O

I hear Virgin Roster is mostly rape… so I don’t know if you will like it. Haven’t played it, and probably never will.

Other recommendations are Princess Maker and True Love, but the first one never officially came out, though you may find the beta version, and the other one is out of print…

Welcome!!!