Higurashi is coming

manga gamer is releasing their first non-h VN
only time will tell when it drops

holy crap, are you serious?

well. i’d buy that!

(I’d sell that, too, if they had proper affiliate programs set up…)

They’re showing it off at their AE booth and have flyers to one of the expansions.

The rep claims the original title will be out late 2009. If successful, moar will follow.

This Higurashi?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Higurashi_no_Naku_Koro_ni

Will they use the translation patch started by the fans?
Or better yet hire them to finish the translation…

From the fan translation page…

I’d feel betrayed if the quality of writing goes down because it goes official :o

Love what MangaGamer is doing :slight_smile: Just wish they’d at least allow fans to send in corrections for Fixes and patches for games that are already released. Seriously…

there are a few other companies that manga gamer might release titles for Circus and Navel were listed on the manga gamer booth

Circus = Da Capo, Suika
Navel = Shuffle!

I guess there’s also possibility of Soul Link from Navel…

And Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai.

Oh yes please get that one. But Higurashi is great. Glomp Mangagamer

04 Jul 2009 ‘Higurashi when they cry’

We proudly anouce that we have started the localozation of ‘Higurashi when they cry’. We have been getting a lot of requests from MangaGamer’s fans to localize the title. We are very excited and happy to be able to relaese this best seller title from MangaGamer.com.

We target to release the title by the end of October. Please stay close with our release schedule.

As excited as I am about this, there’s one bit that makes me a little worried:

“We proudly anouce that we have started the localozation of ‘Higurashi when they cry’.”

Mangagamer, please, please hire good editors for this project