Hirameki update

(nervous laughter)

Heh well maybe they got the same printers as PP Actually there’s a interesting news story in gamespot about a new game that’s being developed in japan that hirameki is gonna put out a month or so after the japanese release. Hmm…strange the link to the story is giving a 404 error now. Well anyway it was a horror game and not a bishoujo game though.

~_~ That’s a very good news that they finally updated their site. I almost gave up my hope to play “Amusement Park” anytime soon…

By the way, what does TBD stands for? Sweet Legacy is another game that I am looking forward to play…Let’s hope TBD doesn’t stand for “Tough Break Dude.” ~~

Hmm… I think it’s “To Be Determined”… similar to TBA “To Be Announced”.

NOOOO… They removed Sweet Legacy from their list… NOOOO… My dream…My hopes… (Noirbo is in despair)

What was Sweet Legacy about?

Noooo! Sweet Legacy, the wonderfully described “cooking love story”! It’s not on Hirameki’s product list any more If it’s the one I think it is it actually got quite good reviews, and from the trailer it looked great fun. I was so looking forward to it…

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
What was Sweet Legacy about?

Sweet Legacy is released by FrontWing. Here is the link:

http://frontwing.jp/sweet_pc/index.html

... (Noirbo is still mourning).

[This message has been edited by Noirbo (edited 01-22-2004).]

i forget… all the hirameki games are edited to be non-H arent they?

quote:
Originally posted by exoarchaeologist:
i forget.... all the hirameki games are edited to be non-H arent they?

That's right... unfortunately... ~__~

quote:
Originally posted by Noirbo:
That's right... unfortunately... ~__~

To what detail, do they edit the plot entirely or just at various points?

quote:
Originally posted by SCDawg:
To what detail, do they edit the plot entirely or just at various points?

I wouldn't know this for sure as Phantom of Inferno is the only hirameki released game I have ever played and I never did have the chance to play the Japanese version of Phantom of Inferno.

The reason why I am sure hirameki games are edited to be non-H is because of some distributors that sell their games don't sell adult products, to be more specific, adult games.

However, based on my past experience of playing games that are edited to be non-h, they don't edit the plot entirely, they only edit or maybe omit the h parts. A very good example is a game called, Red Tear, which had both adult and non-adult releases in Japan. The only difference between the two releases was the non-adult version omitted H-CGs and the part that leads to H-CGs. The routes stopped right after the parts where the hero kissed those girls. I am pretty sure hirameki will do the same thing.

hrrrm
well i guess we could all email them and express that we like H-content and that there is a valid market demmand for it

anyone know a nice way to say that in an email that gives the impression of being serious and not to be brushed off as just perverted?

there shouldnt be an issue with ‘legitamacy’ of adult content to begin with, people are too repressed and thats bad

having to appeal to lowest common denominator sucks…

quote:
Originally posted by exoarchaeologist:
there shouldnt be an issue with 'legitamacy' of adult content to begin with, people are too repressed and thats bad

having to appeal to lowest common denominator sucks....

I think agree though I think that those in power, at least in public, who make such decisions for the rest of us sadly enough are often too repressed and concerned about offending others which might lead to lack of wanting to sell such games.

I too enjoyed Phantom of Inferno and did not even notice that the scenes have been edited out. That said though, even editing down just those scenes borders on censorship in my opinion and no matter how well meaning or how little is done censorship is always censorship and as far as I am concerned always to be avoided.

[This message has been edited by SCDawg (edited 01-23-2004).]

Niely said, Jason4. And exoarchaeologist, while I agree that sexual repression isn’t a positive thing, there are a lot of people I know who would love to play a dating game as long as it didn’t have sex in it. Most of my anime and gaming friends would have reactions to a sex scene ranging from distaste to disgust. Is that good? Not necessarily. Is it the way things are? Yes.

So there’s a big market for non-H games. And I would love to see the bishoujo genre (in the wider sense) become much more mainstream accepted. If that’s going to happen, some company is going to have to release the first few non-adult games. I’m glad to see Hirameki taking up the challenge, and I wish them success.

I just can’t condone editing no matter what. If the origional authors intended to not have h-scenes they wouldn’t put them there in the first place. It’s not like there’s a dirth of non H renai games out there, why can’t they just localize those games?

As far as I know all the games they’re releasing already had edited releases by the original companies in Japan. While I agree in theory that snipping out the h-scenes can ruin story flow (i.e. remove a sex scene, no references to it - just clip it - then you wonder why these characters are all of a sudden getting a long much better, etc), I must say this:

I don’t play games only for h content.

Also many of these games have very loli characters, to the point where if they weren’t edited I don’t think I could play them.

So I’m divided over the issue and will have to adopt a wait-and-see attitude. Certainly Hirameki would never have been started if it weren’t for the success of Peach Princess and G-collections - and the more famous ren’ai games won’t come over unless Hirameki succeeds - so I will support them at least initially.

Now, if the editing is horridly done like it was in Nocturnal Illusions, and the game’s localization is terrible, that will be another matter - but snipping out the h-scenes is something I can understand the necessity of, and am therefore willing to grudgingly forgive.

heh
opposite effect fo me then, id rather have more games with lolicon characters

quote:
Originally posted by Nandemonai:

Now, if the editing is horridly done like it was in Nocturnal Illusions, and the game's localization is terrible, that will be another matter - but snipping out the h-scenes is something I can understand the necessity of, and am therefore willing to grudgingly forgive.

I actually did not notice it in Nocturnal Illusions but maybe I got a non edited copy on that three game set, blanking on the title.

Anyway I agree with wankfu2k1 quite obviously as seen in my previous post. I cannot condone editing, censorship in any form because I always ask where will it end? Will there be concepts in there that some group objects too, so in order to try and bring these games to this market they start removing those concepts as well as h-scenes.

No matter how well meaning or for however noble they deem the cause censorship is censorship, even if they call it editing. It would be nice to have the market more open but at the cost of censored/edited games?