Hirameki's new site up and announcements!

quote:
Currently in Japan, "Kimi ga nozomu eien" and "Tukihime" have been made into many anime episodes and we're sure that anime fans attuned to what is happening are dying to play the game that kicked off the craze these anime have created.

Wooo, does this mean they have KgNE and Tsukihime?

Nah, Mystreet is by Kanno Hiroyuki.

In fact, Abel Software is Kanno’s software brand, so pretty much everything that’s released by Abel is by him.

Mustreet’s been delayed a long time though, so the graphics look a bit dated…still, the game itself is great

Cypher was okay too…

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Dragon:
Wooo, does this mean they have KgNE and Tsukihime?

I noticed this too, strange names to mention if they DONT have them sitting waiting for say Otakon or something.

By the way, we’ve posted the four PC games by Hirameki on the website so you can preorder them if you like. They look great, and I can’t wait to get my own copies. :slight_smile:

Anyone else notice that Hardland the 3rd looks almost exactly like Dracula from Castlevania Symphony of the Night?

looks at pre-order pages

quote:
Windows 98, Me, 2000, XP
Pentium III 800 mhz or higher

800 Mhz?! Any reason for this high requirement?
quote:
The game is an "H game without the hentai"

cringes
It’s not a H game, so it can’t be without hentai, since it was never a part of it!

Actually the settings on those minimum requirements are around the medium settings. If you play the demo it can run on a pc as low as 400 mhz. Though I still wonder why it needs 128 mb of ram. That’s the recommended requirements for Return to Castle Wolfenstein! The other part that confuses me is why it needs 32mb of video memory.

Hmm…cool I love AYA. i’m going to have to check out their site later. So I wonder which character designs are they going to use the manga or the anime?

This is a joke, right? I’m trying to download the demos right now and it’s crawling at 3.5kb/sec, and I’m on a university high speed connection.

Please, I’m passing on this if it’s still at 1%, what are they, 200 MB?

quote:
Originally posted by bokmeow:
This is a joke, right? I'm trying to download the demos right now and it's crawling at 3.5kb/sec, and I'm on a university high speed connection.

Please, I'm passing on this if it's still at 1%, what are they, 200 MB?

aiaoPC trial.exe ~98MB
ever17PC trial.exe ~154MB

They downloaded at max speed (160kb/s) for me on 7/4. Perhaps your net has a download cap?

[This message has been edited by perigee (edited 07-10-2005).]

I’d be very surprised if they have Tsukihime. The game isn’t voice acted and has dojinsoft-quality graphics (because it IS a dojinsoft). I can’t see the game doing well here unless the anime did stupendously well.

It’d be a shame if they edited the H-scenes out of KGNE (especially since much of the novelty of the game is that it has H-scenes not featured in the anime)…but really I’d love to play the game regardless. From what I hear of Tsukihime the game, it’s so expansive that the anime only deals with a small fraction of what the game has to offer. If they really are planning to localize the games, god only knows how they managed to get the licenses…I wonder if the “announcement” was merely a poorly worded allusion to something else they’re releasing…like Ai Yori Aoishi for example. Also the amount of text they’d have to translate for both games would be mind boggling, compared to the standard fare we’re used to seeing, making me more than a little suspicious. Seems too good to be true…but I guess we’ll see.

[This message has been edited by Dark_Shiki (edited 07-12-2005).]

quote:
Originally posted by Dark_Shiki:
From what I hear of Tsukihime the game, it's so expansive that the anime only deals with a small fraction of what the game has to offer.

Game's script is 3.5 MB. Of text. Really. It's quite true that the game deals with tons of stuff that just didn't make it into the anime. Aside from the fact that some events only happen on certain routes (so it's literally impossible for an anime to cover all of it, unless they REALLY went spastic) with that much ground to cover you wouldn't be able to do all of it in 26, let alone 13.

You know, someone is actually working on an english translation of Tsukihime. They’ve actually made quite a bit of progress too.

If you bust out your google-fu you can even find their web page.

Honestly, I really feel that its probably the only way english speaking fans are going to get to enjoy that game because as someone else pointed out the quality of the artwork is definately something that you could not sell over here. Don’t get me wrong, its (in my opinon) pretty good - but its just not the same level as what has been released recently.

quote:
Originally posted by jjm152:
You know, someone is actually working on an english translation of Tsukihime. They've actually made quite a bit of progress too.

Yes, we have. Game is 100% translated and like 88% proofread. I expect I may be able to find some time soon to move that number along a bit.

TRSI is now offering Hirameki’s Ai Yori Aoshi visual novel for sale. The price is a little high at $39.99, but it’s a true CD-ROM PC game (15+).

Believe me, when i found out about the fan translation of tsukihime, i jumped like when i was little and careless (i’m still careless though… :s)
And the link on the main page (PP’s main paige) to Ever17 is wrong. it links you to the Ai yori aoshi page…

I played through the Ai Yori Aoshi demo.

-The Online manual says you need at least 400 Mhz, instead of 800 Mhz.
-The resolution didn’t automatically change to 800x600.

My PC could handle the demo, but the image transitions were heavily animated, so those parts went a little slow. Apparently it also processes other extra things too, especially when you set the CPU level at start-up on High.

I think I should play this on my future new PC. :slight_smile:

quote:
Originally posted by The Unholy Avenger:
Believe me, when i found out about the fan translation of tsukihime, i jumped like when i was little and careless (i'm still careless though.. :s)

I heard about the translation project and figured it'd be nice to help out; then when I actually watched the anime I was chomping at the bit.

Which one would you say it’s better